New U2 interviews: Schedules and discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fan of 102.1....

DJ: "Hmm...some negativity there." when talking about the Edge's reluctance to release their work into the wild.

Alan Cross "You know nothing about how they make albums."

I didn't hear it that way really.

"Calling it spam is rather harsh" said one of the DJs.

Now they are playing The Miracle.

How this is a "debacle" for U2 is beyond me.

They talked about criticism of the way it was released but also called it "the biggest album release in the history of the universe" and "a stunning technological achievement" and said "everyone is watching" how this unfolds because it may revolutionalize music distribution.

And then they queued up The Miracle.

I don't see how any of this is a bad thing in the grand scheme of things.

Not a fan of 102.1....

DJ: "Hmm...some negativity there." when talking about the Edge's reluctance to release their work into the wild.

Alan Cross "You know nothing about how they make albums."

Wow. Good to hear them doing the interviews. But wow that woman DJ was on the stupid side wasn't she?

People that don't "get" dry, sarcastic humor - They make we want to turn violent.

By the way, The Miracle (which I consider one of the weakest tracks) actually sounded outstanding in relation to the crap songs by others that preceded and followed it on that radio broadcast.

Wow. Good to hear them doing the interviews. But wow that woman DJ was on the stupid side wasn't she?

People that don't "get" dry, sarcastic humor - They make we want to turn violent.

She referred to their album as "spam" and called the Edge out for saying that "U2 haters are not trying hard enough".

Yeah. Obviously she is trying very hard to swing negativity toward U2. What a douchecanoe.

And their ambition burns just as bright. There’s more music on the way, not just an acoustic version of Songs of Innocence and bonus tracks but also a whole new album and a world tour. Plus there’s their not inconsequential plan to save the music industry, news that will doubtless draw more 140-character darts in their direction. - from Time magazine article...

All those arsehole music industry talking heads (see Ms. Osbourne :barf:) that was complaining about U2's album being free just might want to thank them when all is said and done once this new concept of selling music comes around they'll be talking out of the other end!

All those arsehole music industry talking heads (see Ms. Osbourne :barf:) that was complaining about U2's album being free just might want to thank them when all is said and done once this new concept of selling music comes around they'll be talking out of the other end!

Sharon Osbourne is an invasion of privacy every time she shows up on my television, judging from her logic.

Alan Cross's interview with The Edge.

He starts out checking on HIS radio station. :lol:

Alan Cross chats with The Edge of U2 | 102.1 the Edge

Alan Cross asks about Songs of Ascent. This is not the same album, but they may go back to work on it later.

Edge doesn't want to commit to a release date for the 2nd album. Not finished yet.

I'll bet it is finished. Way too much talk going on about Songs of Experience for them to not have it finished and to now be suggesting maybe next year. It's finished is my guess. I'm gonna guess we get it before Christmas. I might be wrong but I think there's a chance I'm right. The Edge is trying to throw us for a loop.

I loved Bono's comments on the bad press.

"The worst thing that could of happened is to be ignored"" it's our job to annoy people and get in their faces"

Some of his tongue in cheek comment were great :)

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I doubt SOE is finished, but "not finished yet" is promising. Remember they finished SOI days before it was released.

I'll bet it is finished. Way too much talk going on about Songs of Experience for them to not have it finished and to now be suggesting maybe next year. It's finished is my guess. I'm gonna guess we get it before Christmas. I might be wrong but I think there's a chance I'm right. The Edge is trying to throw us for a loop.

I think it's finished as well, although I think they will wait on it until next year and get some mileage out of SOI first. SOI should get its chance to shine for a bit before the next one comes out, plus, we are getting about another CDs worth of new tracks in a few weeks as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom