New U2.com subscriber gift known... sort of.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad 3.36%

Where The Streets Have No Name 3.24%

Ultra Violet (Light My Way) 3.23%

Magnificent 3.18%

One 3.02%

Even Better Than The Real Thing 2.98%

Moment of Surrender 2.75%

Beautiful Day 2.74%

With Or Without You 2.73%

The Unforgettable Fire 2.69%

All I Want Is You/Love Rescue Me 2.61%

Until The End Of The World 2.58%

City Of Blinding Lights 2.54%

I Still Haven’t Found What I’m looking For 2.53%

The Fly 2.42%

Zooropa 2.42%

One Tree Hill 2.42%

Out Of Control 2.41%

Stay (Faraway, So Close!) 2.33%

No Line On the Horizon 2.32%

I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix) 2.28%

Walk On 2.27%

______________________________CUT___________________________________________________

40 2.26%

Elevation 2.2%

Mysterious Ways 2.19%

Vertigo 2.17%

Electrical Storm 2.08%

I Will Follow 2.08%

Breathe 2.07%

Sunday Bloody Sunday 1.99%

Pride (In the Name of Love) 1.95%

Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me 1.93%

New Year’s Day 1.93%

Miss Sarajevo 1.91%

Unknown Caller 1.81%

Get On Your Boots 1.55%

In A Little While 1.51%

Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of 1.5%

Mothers Of The Disappeared 1.42%

Spanish Eyes 1.34%

Return Of The Stingray Guitar 1.33%

Desire 1.27%

Your Blue Room 1.25%

Party Girl 1.17%

Angel Of Harlem 1.05%

Scarlet 1%

This is insane... Exactly who would rather have a 1,000,000th version of One than Return of the Stingray Guitar which is officially available....NOWHERE! :O

Good point about Stingray. This would be its only official release.

Incidentally, the lack of all of the rest of the new tracks is conspicuous.

I'll also be voting for the songs I want to listen to live again and again on this cd, not songs that I would rather not hear, just because they are rare or never released before. I like Electrical Storm, but I didn't like it live. I listened to the bootlegs and watched the videos and I WANTED to like it but I didn't. I don't think they got it right, it just sounded off to me. So why would I vote for that song to be on there? That makes no sense. But by all means if someone else loves it, then they should vote for it! I do think they should have just released the whole lot of them too though, that would have been great! But they are trying to put together a physical cd that they think the fans will love because the fans chose the songs, which in a normal world makes perfect sense! But U2 fans aren't exactly normal I think. :wink:

I'll also be voting for the songs I want to listen to live again and again on this cd, not songs that I would rather not hear, just because they are rare or never released before. I like Electrical Storm, but I didn't like it live. I listened to the bootlegs and watched the videos and I WANTED to like it but I didn't. I don't think they got it right, it just sounded off to me. So why would I vote for that song to be on there? That makes no sense. But by all means if someone else loves it, then they should vote for it! I do think they should have just released the whole lot of them too though, that would have been great! But they are trying to put together a physical cd that they think the fans will love because the fans chose the songs, which in a normal world makes perfect sense! But U2 fans aren't exactly normal I think. :wink:

See, this position makes no sense to me. You can download a near identical version of 75% of the songs on there in full FM or Soundboard quality or they were on the official DVD already. Why vote to get yet another copy of them??? Vote to get something you do not have. Electrical Storm was not fantastic, but it was a rarity and this is the oppurtunity to get a full high quality soundboard of it officially. Why not get that instead of another version that is almost identical to something you already have?? That makes no sense. :shrug:

This is insane... Exactly who would rather have a 1,000,000th version of One than Return of the Stingray Guitar which is officially available....NOWHERE! :O

I agree, but apparantly there are people on this thread that do not. Each their own but it makes no sense to me and it is an incredible waste of a huge oppurtunity for the fans. At least One Tree Hill is still in there. I agree on Stingray. There is no FM broadcast, no soundboard and the audience/IEM of the same are not the best either. We could get it in full soundboard quality, but it looks like it is not happening. It is a shame.

Blue Room said:
See, this position makes no sense to me. You can download a near identical version of 75% of the songs on there in full FM or Soundboard quality or they were on the official DVD already. Why vote to get yet another copy of them??? Vote to get something you do not have. Electrical Storm was not fantastic, but it was a rarity and this is the oppurtunity to get a full high quality soundboard of it officially. Why not get that instead of another version that is almost identical to something you already have?? That makes no sense. :shrug:

:eyebrow: yeah, if I was making a cd I'd include songs I don't like because they're "rare"

Damn strange opinions on here.

Yeah they could make more money if they release them all as a download anyway.

Paul McGuinness's eyebrow just raised. :lol:

Maybe we should start a petition for all 46! :lol: :wink:

I have pointed this out before. U2 has every single show in full blown soundboard production quality, this CD proves it. Why not release them for download or purchase like Pearl Jam and a lot of other bands do? Donate the profits to charity or something if they think it is selling out or something.

Basically at this point I'm spending $50 for One Tree Hill if things hold up the way they stand currently. :sigh:

Blue Room said:
So you would make a CD of something you already have instead?? That is the point. Get something different.

Why would I want a crappy rendition of a song I don't really like on there instead of a great version of a song I do? I'd be making it to listen to and enjoy, not flip over and stare at the setlist.

Would you prefer for the band's next action to be releasing a new album or re-recording Achtung Baby and just releasing that? The new album they'd release would likely not be as good as Achtung Baby.

Why would I want a crappy rendition of a song I don't really like on there instead of a great version of a song I do? I'd be making it to listen to and enjoy, not flip over and stare at the setlist.

Because, you already have the same song and in some cases, several versions of the same song are widely available, from the 360 tour! Why would you purchase something you already have or can already get? Most would not, apparantly you would. I guess there is no getting beyond that. You do not understand that concept and I do not understand yours. If all of those songs were never released or even available (which 75% are, and are 360 versions to boot), then I would understand. But that is not the case at all.

It is kind of funny though. Each U2.com release the bitching is that it is something we already have. Now they give us the oppurtunity to get something different and the "fans" are voting for the same old stuff. I guess U2 and their management do know their fan base. So the next release when it is something we already have in some other form. There should be no bitching. Principle clearly now what the large fanbase want based on this voting. :shrug: I just do not get it and never will. It is an incredible waste of an oppurtunity.

Group 1 says "I want a CD with all the live songs I want to hear."
Group 2 says "I want a CD with all the live songs I rarely hear."

In my opinion, Group 1 is likely much larger than Group 2. So there it is, democracy in action.

Group 1 says "I want a CD with all the live songs I want to hear."
Group 2 says "I want a CD with all the live songs I rarely hear."

In my opinion, Group 1 is likely much larger than Group 2. So there it is, democracy in action.

I'm sure "Group 1" just loved hearing "When Love Comes to Town" and "The Wanderer" together on 1 CD!!! They didn't have to go to the trouble of pulling out R&H AND Zooropa!

On the other hand, maybe "Group 1" is the reason U2.com are able to throw stuff like Duals at us every year, or CD's of already available concert DVD's.

Of course, then "Group 1" comes online and whines about U2.com just giving us stuff we already have, but when they get the chance to change it, sheepishly engage in the behaviour which brings about the result they've been taught to accept.

Yes, democracy in action indeed.

my subscription expires in 6 days, debating on whether the final outcome will be worth the $40...because i sure won't get any other use out of the subscription....

The way the voting is going, and if One Tree Hill doesn't make it, I would almost have rather had a straight rip of the Pasadena audio (like Slane 2001) versus the way this is shaping up.

Come on, why is the Crazy remix making it?? They released it on the remix CD through U2.com just 2 years ago. Do we need ANOTHER copy of that? Why? I can almost "get" if you didn't vote for Electrical Storm because you do not like the song. But voting for Crazy Tonight when they just released it 2 years ago, through the same subscription makes no sense.

The way the voting is going, and if One Tree Hill doesn't make it, I would almost have rather had a straight rip of the Pasadena audio (like Slane 2001) versus the way this is shaping up.

Come on, why is the Crazy remix making it?? They released it on the remix CD through U2.com just 2 years ago. Do we need ANOTHER copy of that? Why? I can almost "get" if you didn't vote for Electrical Storm because you do not like the song. But voting for Crazy Tonight when they just released it 2 years ago, through the same subscription makes no sense.

You're wasting your time.

exactly.

and who the hell is still listening to a CD anyways? wouldn't everyone just be ripping it and playing it on their ipod/phone anyways?

the version of moment of surrender on wide awake in europe is phenomenal... why do we need another one in place of something we don't have? baffling.

lots of hits in that top 22. paulie mcg would be proud.

You're wasting your time.

Like discussing/debating what a remaster is endlessly? :wink:

I'm do not feel I'm wasting my time because I'm venting about something that is very frustrating to me as an avid U2 audio collector. I realize there is nothing I can do about it other than my single votes. It was just an incredible oppurtunity to get some unreleased stuff and it is being squandered IMO. So I'm conveying my frustration about it. Obviously a lot of people on here feel very similiar and from some of the comments on the voting on U2.com there are a lot of people that feel the same there.

Well the thing here is I don't want to have to download a bunch of stuff, then piece together all my favorite songs. This is going to be an official U2 release, so yeah I want there to be songs I want to listen to! If I thought a live version was crap I should vote for it just to make other people happy and probably skip over it every time I listen? This is what makes no sense. (And yes I do listen to cd's. (as mentioned by someone else) I listen to a lot of music in my car since I drive a lot.)
For the record, I never said I personally won't vote for rarities and only vote for hits. My vote will go for a lot of the songs that are low on the list. I only mentioned ES because that live version was bad (IMO). Rarity or not, I don't want to hear that live version again. That would be a wasted vote for me. I do see your point, I'm not blind to it believe me, I'm just saying I don't think you can fault people for voting for what they like. :shrug:

Since U2.com has put this track list in the hands of its members, I really see no reason we can complain about it. How could this have been done any better? The membership of U2.com, broadly speaking, obviously wants something different than the membership of Interference. It's a bummer, but really, who do you blame? The millions of faceless fans who are voting for WOWY and Beautiful Day? I want Electrical Storm and Your Blue Room as much as anyone, but really, U2.com is doing this as democratically as possible.

Now, if it turns out that U2.com is somehow skewing the polls (which seems unlikely, but anything is possible), that's a different story.

Like discussing/debating what a remaster is endlessly? :wink:

I'm do not feel I'm wasting my time because I'm venting about something that is very frustrating to me as an avid U2 audio collector. I realize there is nothing I can do about it other than my single votes. It was just an incredible oppurtunity to get some unreleased stuff and it is being squandered IMO. So I'm conveying my frustration about it. Obviously a lot of people on here feel very similiar and from some of the comments on the voting on U2.com there are a lot of people that feel the same there.

If you look at my comments, we're on the same side on this one. I'm just saying you're not going to convince anyone. If they don't get it, they don't get it. :)

It's not a point of people not getting it.
It's just that it sounds like some are saying "I don't get why people are voting for what they want on the CD, and not what I want on the CD."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom