New U2.com subscriber gift known... sort of.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How simple can it be to vote for rarities. I cannot understand U2 fans to vote for WOWY/Where the streets/ Still haven't found or Crazy tonight. These songs we have several times in soundboard quality.
Choose: Your blue room, Electrical storm, Stingray, Spanish eyes, One tree hill. Even if these songs may be not the best for you.
I thought U2-fans were more clever than choosing for the same things all the time. I guess these are the fans who are happy with the Zoo TV live from Sydney disc as part of the AB Superdeluxe/Uber deluxe...:doh:

How simple can it be to vote for rarities. I cannot understand U2 fans to vote for WOWY/Where the streets/ Still haven't found or Crazy tonight. These songs we have several times in soundboard quality.
Choose: Your blue room, Electrical storm, Stingray, Spanish eyes, One tree hill. Even if these songs may be not the best for you.
I thought U2-fans were more clever than choosing for the same things all the time. I guess these are the fans who are happy with the Zoo TV live from Sydney disc as part of the AB Superdeluxe/Uber deluxe...:doh:

You clearly are a much better fan and a lot smarter than other U2 fans. Congratulations, sir, good for you.

How dare people vote for songs they actually like, instead they should vote for songs "which might not be best for them".

What a load of crap.

I'll probably end up voting for something like this:

CD1:
1 Breathe
2 No Line On the Horizon
3 Magnificent
4 Get On Your Boots
5 I Still Haven’t Found What I’m looking For
6 Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
7 Unknown Caller
8 The Unforgettable Fire
9 Zooropa
10 City Of Blinding Lights
11 Vertigo

CD 2:
12 Even Better Than The Real Thing
13 The Fly
14 Until The End Of The World
15 Out Of Control
16 In A Little While
17 Walk On
18 Where The Streets Have No Name
19 Bad
20 Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
21 Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
22 Moment of Surrender

In other words, except for a couple differences, you're essentially voting for a CD version of the Rose Bowl DVD.

:banghead:

Why would you be pissed if UV wasn't on this CD? Just rip the Rose Bowl dvd, and there you have a soundboard version of UV.

The thing with this release is that we get a chance to get Soundboard versions of songs that would otherwise NEVER be released. Like Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me or Your Blue Room or Zooropa. Songs we don't actually already have on a cd.

I totally agree, except Hold Me is on Hasta and the Popmart dvd.

Like usual, whenever I visit interference I always remember why I don't visit interference a lot. It's because I always get annoyed by bullshit like this:

Okay, obviously most U2 fans are completely stupid.

I frankly expected more since supposedly only real U2 "fans" can participate in this voting.

We really need a "U2 fans shooting themselves in the head" emoticon.

How on earth are people voting for WOWY, One, ISHFWILF and Streets and leaving out things we don't have officially yet?!?! Shocking, to say the least.

I think the error is assuming that U2.com members are hardcore fans..

I cannot understand U2 fans to vote for WOWY [...] Choose: Your blue room, Electrical storm, Stingray. Even if these songs may be not the best for you.

The message is clear. Some of you guys and girls are the "real" u2 fans, and you are all far superior to other people who shouldn't even be allowed to call themselves "fans".

What is this? A board to talk to other people who share the same passion or is this a contest? "Who is the biggest U2 fan?"

If this is a contest, what is the prize? A boost to your self esteem?

answer:
"ugh, how can you be so stupid? Any true hardcore u2 fan will know what the color yellow is far superior. :doh: :banghead:"

I think it's bloody annoying.

So anyway, back to being excited....

Why do we all have to fill in our favourite track when we're voting?

So everyone can download their favourite track if it doesn't make it to the album? :hmm:

u2boy_nl said:
So anyway, back to being excited....

Why do we all have to fill in our favourite track when we're voting?

So everyone can download their favourite track if it doesn't make it to the album? :hmm:

Good question. Maybe just to get a better idea of the top song since choosing 22 is causing overlap in votes. For instance, among my choices I selected Bad but it's not my favorite of the tour. I selected Zooropa as my favorite. It makes sense in my head, haha

I don't know about personal tastes, but I will kill myself if IALW makes it on the CD. :wink: j/k

Personally, I'm enjoying monitoring this poll. From this morning Crazy tonight has moved back into top 22 at the expense of 40. I'm torn on this one. I'm plotting the poll movements on an excel spreadsheet. :nerd:

Like usual, whenever I visit interference I always remember why I don't visit interference a lot. It's because I always get annoyed by bullshit like this:

The message is clear. Some of you guys and girls are the "real" u2 fans, and you are all far superior to other people who shouldn't even be allowed to call themselves "fans".

What is this? A board to talk to other people who share the same passion or is this a contest? "Who is the biggest U2 fan?"

If this is a contest, what is the prize? A boost to your self esteem?

answer:
"ugh, how can you be so stupid? Any true hardcore u2 fan will know what the color yellow is far superior. :doh: :banghead:"

It's not really got anything to do with being the 'biggest U2 fan' (there is no such thing), at least for me anyway but a lack of understanding as to why people would vote for the release of a recording which is likely already available and will probably have further versions released in the future, as opposed so something which has never been released before and will unfortunately (and I think it's quite safe to say this) never find its way into a U2 set ever again.

I do understand the mindset of genuine U2 fans who are just not familiar with their extensive back catalogue (or simply prefer the classics), its just a bit frustrating when after paying a subscription fee you are rewarded with things you already own. It is early days with the voting here and I am aware the whole thing could turn on its head by the end.

... but a lack of understanding as to why people would vote for the release of a recording which is likely already available and will probably have further versions released in the future, as opposed so something which has never been released before and will unfortunately (and I think it's quite safe to say this) never find its way into a U2 set ever again.

Because they read "vote for your favorite songs," and they did just that, rather than try and analyze it half to death?

That's what I did, and some of them were *gasp* the old chestnuts. Go ahead and send the angry mob after me. I can take it.

answer:

I think you'll find it's coldplay fans who prefer the colour yellow.

:wink:

But really, i think it's more like:

u2.com: You have a choice between a red thing and a yellow thing
Fan 1 (who already has 5 red things): I'll take another red thing!
Fan 2 (who also already has 5 red things): But we already have loads of red things! Why not get a yellow instead?

I understand it's selfish of me to desire particular songs on this double cd. But honestly, i don't understand why u2 fans who are eager enough to pay $50 towards their band would desire the same set of songs again, and reject new, rare ones. And i reserve the right to feel frustrated that the opportunity to get great quality versions of rare live songs is being missed.

Because they read "vote for your favorite songs," and they did just that, rather than try and analyze it half to death?

That's what I did, and some of them were *gasp* the old chestnuts. Go ahead and send the angry mob after me. I can take it.

Well considering at no point did I say you weren't allowed to vote for any of the classics I think I'll restrain the 'angry mob' for the time being, I simply put forward the way I voted.

And just because U2.com says 'vote for your favourites' doesn't mean you actually have to do it. The rarities on the list are by no means my absolute favourite U2 songs, its just I'd rather come out of this with something that isn't already available 10 ten times over.

Did anybody hear about the latest Kaiser Chiefs album (seriously)? They put 20 new tracks online and allowed fans to download any 10 to make their new album, then later released a physical version containing 13 of the 20 tracks.

With any luck U2 will be doing this in reverse, i.e. Offering a choice of an additional 10+ tracks as mp3s afterwards. They bloody well should.

It was more of a general comment to the people who are pre-emptively whining about the fans who are voting for the "wrong" songs.

In hindsight, I do wish the "what's already available vs what's not" thought had popped into my head as I was doing it. But too late, oh well, what are you going to do. My comments are in reaction to the bitching and moaning already going on. Like, are people really going to get pissed off about this if the results aren't to their exact liking?* Ugh.

*I realize this is a dumb question. I've been here forever and know that people will be pissed off. ;)

Well with such an array of songs to choose from chances are it won't be to anyones absolute exact liking but at least the genuine tour highlights (minus one or two) are looking a safe bet to make it.

Perhaps it is a bit of wishful thinking to expect the songs that only popped up once or twice to have a decent chance of making it because unless you followed the tour from start to finish then its quite likely many people won't even have known certain songs had been played.

It was more of a general comment to the people who are pre-emptively whining about the fans who are voting for the "wrong" songs.

In hindsight, I do wish the "what's already available vs what's not" thought had popped into my head as I was doing it. But too late, oh well, what are you going to do. My comments are in reaction to the bitching and moaning already going on. Like, are people really going to get pissed off about this if the results aren't to their exact liking?* Ugh.

*I realize this is a dumb question. I've been here forever and know that people will be pissed off. ;)

Everyone has the right to vote for whatever they wish, of course. I just think it's a bit head-scratching to some of us why people would want songs that are essentially the same "versions" of those already available on the 360 DVD and elsewhere. Why not get something new we don't have? I think part of the complaints about some of the prior fan club releases was that they featured stuff that was already widely available elsewhere. So now that we get to choose many of us seem to be making the same kind of choices that U2.com did! Given the chance to vote on Duals, how many people would have voted for The Wanderer or When Love Comes to Town?

I voted for songs I don't really even like just so we can have some new stuff...if I want to hear the 360 versions of most of those other songs there are places to hear them, so why do I need them yet again?

Of course, again, people have the "right" to vote how they wish...but when they do I just reserve the right to :doh:

would be really cool to give us the opportunity to download some select tracks that don't make the final cut, either as a bonus for paid subscribers or maybe $1 per track, this would make everyone happy wouldn't it

Do you have an address to where I should send the agreement mob to?:love:

:lol:

Keep Real Thing up there! Just listened to the snippet, and it sounds fantastic. The quality of all of them is great. Voting update?

Bad 3.36%

Where The Streets Have No Name 3.24%

Ultra Violet (Light My Way) 3.23%

Magnificent 3.18%

One 3.02%

Even Better Than The Real Thing 2.98%

Moment of Surrender 2.75%

Beautiful Day 2.74%

With Or Without You 2.73%

The Unforgettable Fire 2.69%

All I Want Is You/Love Rescue Me 2.61%

Until The End Of The World 2.58%

City Of Blinding Lights 2.54%

I Still Haven’t Found What I’m looking For 2.53%

The Fly 2.42%

Zooropa 2.42%

One Tree Hill 2.42%

Out Of Control 2.41%

Stay (Faraway, So Close!) 2.33%

No Line On the Horizon 2.32%

I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix) 2.28%

Walk On 2.27%

______________________________CUT___________________________________________________

40 2.26%

Elevation 2.2%

Mysterious Ways 2.19%

Vertigo 2.17%

Electrical Storm 2.08%

I Will Follow 2.08%

Breathe 2.07%

Sunday Bloody Sunday 1.99%

Pride (In the Name of Love) 1.95%

Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me 1.93%

New Year’s Day 1.93%

Miss Sarajevo 1.91%

Unknown Caller 1.81%

Get On Your Boots 1.55%

In A Little While 1.51%

Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of 1.5%

Mothers Of The Disappeared 1.42%

Spanish Eyes 1.34%

Return Of The Stingray Guitar 1.33%

Desire 1.27%

Your Blue Room 1.25%

Party Girl 1.17%

Angel Of Harlem 1.05%

Scarlet 1%

Bad 3.36%

Where The Streets Have No Name 3.24%

Ultra Violet (Light My Way) 3.23%

Magnificent 3.18%

One 3.02%

Even Better Than The Real Thing 2.98%

Moment of Surrender 2.75%

Beautiful Day 2.74%

With Or Without You 2.73%

The Unforgettable Fire 2.69%

All I Want Is You/Love Rescue Me 2.61%

Until The End Of The World 2.58%

City Of Blinding Lights 2.54%

I Still Haven’t Found What I’m looking For 2.53%

The Fly 2.42%

Zooropa 2.42%

One Tree Hill 2.42%

Out Of Control 2.41%

Stay (Faraway, So Close!) 2.33%

No Line On the Horizon 2.32%

I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix) 2.28%

Walk On 2.27%

______________________________CUT___________________________________________________

40 2.26%

Elevation 2.2%

Mysterious Ways 2.19%

Vertigo 2.17%

Electrical Storm 2.08%

I Will Follow 2.08%

Breathe 2.07%

Sunday Bloody Sunday 1.99%

Pride (In the Name of Love) 1.95%

Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me 1.93%

New Year’s Day 1.93%

Miss Sarajevo 1.91%

Unknown Caller 1.81%

Get On Your Boots 1.55%

In A Little While 1.51%

Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of 1.5%

Mothers Of The Disappeared 1.42%

Spanish Eyes 1.34%

Return Of The Stingray Guitar 1.33%

Desire 1.27%

Your Blue Room 1.25%

Party Girl 1.17%

Angel Of Harlem 1.05%

Scarlet 1%

Yep, a lot of the ones at the bottom are songs we either don't have live versions of, or at the very least don't have 360 versions of.

Meanwhile, most of the one that made "the cut" are available on the Rose Bowl DVD.

Sounds about right. :censored:

Everyone has the right to vote for whatever they wish, of course. I just think it's a bit head-scratching to some of us why people would want songs that are essentially the same "versions" of those already available on the 360 DVD and elsewhere. Why not get something new we don't have?

Your logic has no place here. ;)

Seriously, though - obviously, I understand what the argument is and why people feel that way. I shouldn't have said anything or just edited it like my earlier comment that was pretty much the same thing, because all I'm doing is bitching about the bitching. (As usual. Lather, rinse, repeat.)

I guess it's becoming increasingly clear to me that I need a break from U2 fans ... the internet ... U2 fans on the internet ... the world.

Your logic has no place here. ;)

Seriously, though - obviously, I understand what the argument is and why people feel that way. I shouldn't have said anything or just edited it like my earlier comment that was pretty much the same thing, because all I'm doing is bitching about the bitching. (As usual. Lather, rinse, repeat.)

I guess it's becoming increasingly clear to me that I need a break from U2 fans ... the internet ... U2 fans on the internet ... the world.

Breathe. :)

Some of the choices are head scratchers to me. Electrical Storm has been played about 3 times live and we have the oppurtunity to get a soundboard copy of it and no one is voting for it. Yet a song like "One" that we have about 25 versions of live on official releases, soundboard bootlegs and FM broadcasts is making the cut. :doh:

They should just release all 46 as a download or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom