New U2 albums and what will our reactions be.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2girl said:

Let's not forget

4. Boring setlists
5. Bono can't sing anymore
6. Band plays their songs too slow
7. Bono is a musician not an activist
8. U2 didn't do anything good music-wise since POP

:banghead:

Sadly, you?re right. To be honest, with that sort of vocal range, with that few passion U2 have left, with all that the band left behind forever... :( I don?t expect an awesome new album, neither an awesome new tour. U2 is dying, so please Men ( no " guys" ), retire before the people start to considere U2 as new "Kiss", "AC/DC" an all those dead bands:(

WHAAAAAA????????

in response to the last few posts, in particular the comments about U2 dying and the little passion that U2 has for their music, I TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY DON"T SEE THINGS THIS WAY. you want dedication and passion?? try spending three to four years putting a quality album together- one that probably will not be forgotten unlike atyclb (sorta).

I dont know how to measure others passion but I believe its there, otherwise they wouldnt be together in the studios at this point in their careers. they would never bullshit themselves that badly.

let the album come out and see a concert or two on the upcoming tour. dont be so premature. have some faith.

i say that atyclb has been forgotten only because so many users have made it known that they could care less about the album...

personally i love it. drove home the other morning hungover passing midway airport with the airplanes overhead and that was the only thing i wanted to hear. beautiful.:wink:

we'll see

ponkine said:

Sadly, you?re right. To be honest, with that sort of vocal range, with that few passion U2 have left, with all that the band left behind forever... :( I don?t expect an awesome new album, neither an awesome new tour. U2 is dying, so please Men ( no " guys" ), retire before the people start to considere U2 as new "Kiss", "AC/DC" an all those dead bands:(

I was being sarcastic in my post.

I expect this decade to be finished, and then they may call it quits - depending on their inspiration, motivation and Bono's voice. We get the 3rd Best of too, so ... if they put out "Solar" and another album by 2010, that would be too little, even with ATYCLB's songs, to fill it IMO. :shrug:

Having said that, if this album flops, they will be in trouble.

ATYCLB did suck. One of their weakest efforts in my opinion. Bono did mention to a fan that the setlists in the next tour could be different...so there is some hope that the tour won't be boring. Maybe we will see some rarities, like ACROBAT(Well I can dream, can't I?). The way I see it, Elevation Tour offered some great rarities like Spanish Eyes, In God's Country, A Sort of Homecoming...

i thought i was alone.
i just hate ATYCLB its so boring and dull and ahhhhhhh. i just hate it.
my band can make a better album than atyclb in 6 months!with great guitar work, strong vocals etc.
atyclb has none of that so atyclb=SHIT!

im glad i got that off my chest.

your a dick man, can you not just accept that ATYCLB is a good album, I think it does depend though, whats going on in your life.

I mean alot of those songs have great lyrics and strong rhythm and the edge is always fun to listen to.

Just cause it isn't your favorite, don't call it shit please, i really like that album, if all U2's albums had, strong riffs, yelling, hard drums, and 15 minute guitar solos it would be extremely boring. That was NOT u2's attempt at a HARD ROCK album, they tried something fresh and new and worked with soulful tunes and unique melodies. U2 is NOT a one trick poney!!!!!! Get over it, if U2 WANTS to rock, they FUCKING can!!!!!!!

ex. The Fly, Most of Boy, HMTMKMKM, Until the end.., Gone, LAst night on Earth, Sunday Bloody Sunday, New years day, Acrobat, Exit, Bullit the blue sky, ...just to name a few.

If every song sounded like that i might as well listen to some other shit band!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, sorry bout calling you a dick i needed to get it off my chest and vent a little...i'm sure you understand, no hard feelings? ;-)

as mellow as atyclb behind was, it was different and if theres one thing we can almost always depend on, it is that u2 will not beat a dead horse, so im not gonna worry about atyclb II this october. believe it or not, alot of people actually like that album, and they are not all rockers.

i think atyclb was a geat album for WHAT IT WAS, not what it didnt end up being. if we want hard out rockin u2 songs, go back a little bit further in their catalog. or wait another 3 months :wink: i want just as badly as the next person to hear some 'acrobat', 'exit' or 'last night on earth', but i think its ok to come of the hard rock trip once in a while and chill to some 'kite'

ATYCLB was great, I love it, but I hope this one is more along the lines of Achtung Baby. Not the same sound at as Achtung Baby, but the same experimentation behind it, I guess the same approach. I think it would be great if this album was not only brilliant as they all are, and not only criticaly acclaimed and big selling as ATYCLB was, but also, similar to AB, an album that makes the wider music world sit up and go "holy shit". I'd like to see it considered a great, great album. Thats all just in it's acceptance though. For my personal satisfaction, I don't have a care in the world, I just hope the last thing they do is anything 'safe'. If they decide to do a track where Edge just hits one note and slowly lets it distort over 7 minutes while a drunken Bono recites the ingredients off the back of a soup can, then thats just dandy with me.

Aural luxury is what I'm after here. And better lyrics than ATYCLB.

Well it just might happen because the big style of music they haven't done is what all the reports are indicating which is very heavy rock and roll. If in fact that is what they are doing then it will be interesting to see if they can pull it off and if everyone likes it. I have a feeling that it started off pretty heavy and over time they made it less heavy and more like their usual style of music and in the vein of AB and Zooropa as Jim had said. I just don't think they'll make it super heavy but if they do then my prayers are answered. (I used to be a big Metallica fan in the 80's :applaud: )

Numb1075 said:
well if ATYCLB is adult/contemporary rock, then i really like adult/contemporary rock. that album had more heart, soul, and passion than anything on the radio these days.

:up:

I'd like the effects used on songs such as Zooropa, Lemon, UF, Wire etc to flow through the whole album. Then they can go for hard rock or dare I say it adult contemporary and it'll still sound great :)

I just had that feeling....and you know what I'm talking about. I was just driving in my car, blasting The Fly (And I mean blasting). It was like hearing it for the first time - Edge is INSANE. And I had a little premonition - that the new album will have that feel - garage like, spacey, industrial, petal to the metal rock. Here's to hoping that I am right. What a feeling !

I agree with you 100% on that. The Fly is my favorite U2 song.

ahhh, mine as well. when i want an edgier U2 tune (no pun intended), i put that on. My other favorite is EP and America. both are great to drive to.

Back
Top Bottom