New U2 album this February!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Didn't Destiny's Child do something like that too?

Hmm...sounds pretty cool...will be interesting.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

it could be some of the remixes that were only made available on some of the imports...like Stuck (acoustic) and the Walk On single version.

Tarjay, I swear, it's my favorite store!
smile.gif

I never got one of those Best Buy promo CDs so looking forard to this one...

yay!

This band and their management have become masters at marketing I swear. I am convinced no other band provides their fans with more material than U2 anyway.

------------------
I can learn to close my eyes
To anything but injustice
I can learn to get along
With all the things I don't know

--Resist

Hrm. Just don't know how I feel about this yet.

I nearly pished myself when I saw those Tarjay Destiny's Child commercials. We'll see. Not that my input matters! lol!
wink.gif

Hmmm....

Interesting. But Jan. 22 is way too early for a release date if this is only a rumor. I'd like to see them re-record some of their older hits though. Think how cool I Will Follow would sound redone. Or Bad!

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

Originally posted by mikal:
Interesting. But Jan. 22 is way too early for a release date if this is only a rumor.

I agree. That's only 2 weeks away! I'm sure there would have been more information about it yet. If you see how much in advance tracklistings and release dates of albums and singles are known, then it strikes me as odd that nothing is known yet, should the rumour be true.

I'd like to see them re-record some of their older hits though. Think how cool I Will Follow would sound redone. Or Bad!

Erm... no. I like them the way they are recorded now and for a different version I listen to a concert (as many songs really come alive in a live setting). I think the songs were recorded right the first time, so don't mess with it.

C ya!

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

Originally posted by NicaMom:
OMG, that's too cool!!!
*proud Tarjay employee*
biggrin.gif

Guess who's hooking us up with Target contraband? We'll be out back with the black van with no windows-- just throw the boxes of CDs in when we drive up.
wink.gif

Q. Why are there no Wal-Marts in Afghanistan?

A. Because there's a Target on every corner.

That's cool (there's a Tarjay close to me), so long as the cover is not a bunch of those red bullseyes or that Spuds Mackenziesque dog with the red bullseye around his eye!

------------------
The joker is the best card.

Originally posted by Holy John:
What is Target stores anyways ?

HJ, they are a large chain of retail stores that sell a variety of things...very similar to Walmart or K-mart. Usually seen as a bit more upscale than either of those two chains tho.
smile.gif

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
HJ, they are a large chain of retail stores that sell a variety of things...very similar to Walmart or K-mart. Usually seen as a bit more upscale than either of those two chains tho.
smile.gif

Don't EVER compare Target with WalMart or K-Mart again...blasphemous...you will now lose your Minnesota I.D. card.
biggrin.gif

If this is true (I'm tracking down some friends who work at Target Corp. headquarters), cheers to another Minn. retail chain (Best Buy) doing a cool promotion with the world's best band!

Am I really the only one more than a little turned off by this sort of thing? First Best Buy got the Elevation DVD two weeks before the rest, including the mom and pop stores. Now this "rare remix" CD is for sale only at Target. I don't think I like the idea of U2 catering so much to big business stores. It's not as if the stores need the extra money, and its not as if the band needs extra promotion at this point.

------------------
Change is the only constant

I saw some inquiries, so I'll set it straight. Target is a subsidiary of K-Mart corporation, but it is much more successful than the K-Mart store chain.

Well, if this CD is for real, I'll be buying it for sure.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Originally posted by melon:
I saw some inquiries, so I'll set it straight. Target is a subsidiary of K-Mart corporation, but it is much more successful than the K-Mart store chain.

Target IS NOT a subsidiary of K-Mart. There is NO relation.

Set it straight: Target stores were started by Dayton's Corp. (now called Target Corp. because that is the true money maker of the company). Dayton's also owned Marshall Fields and Hudson's (now all called Marshall Fields). They also own Mervyn's.

Originally posted by zonelistener:
Don't EVER compare Target with WalMart or K-Mart again...blasphemous...you will now lose your Minnesota I.D. card.
biggrin.gif

If this is true (I'm tracking down some friends who work at Target Corp. headquarters), cheers to another Minn. retail chain (Best Buy) doing a cool promotion with the world's best band!

lol. Yeah, I KNOW Target is not K-Mart, but they're more like them in terms of what they sell than they are like say...Sears or something.
wink.gif

Anyways...can I have my honorary Minnesota membership back now? I promise to say "yah suuuuure you betcha" every third word.
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Originally posted by Foxxern:
Am I really the only one more than a little turned off by this sort of thing? First Best Buy got the Elevation DVD two weeks before the rest, including the mom and pop stores. Now this "rare remix" CD is for sale only at Target. I don't think I like the idea of U2 catering so much to big business stores. It's not as if the stores need the extra money, and its not as if the band needs extra promotion at this point.

I'm a little curious as to why they're doing this too. I support them performing everywhere & doing that sort of promo's... I'm just unsure about this Target bit. Why not just put the cds on the shelves like normal?

I wonder who's behind all this.

------------------
"Songs are the language of the spirit... the melodies are how you sing to God. It's a deep language. But they can't explain everything, because really great songs touch places that you can't explain." -Bono

U2 Take Me Higher

MPS: "Evil shouldn't look this good"

"The way I might look at you" ~Adam

Ohh great! I especially love these things because there's no freakin' Tarjays or Best Buys or anything within 3 hours of me... not to mention the Europeans. They should just release the damn thing, I don't know how they benefit from this exclusive release thing more than if it was released regularly.. unless Tarjay gives them a bigger percent of the profits or something.

Oh well, it's probably just stuff we've all heard anyway.

I always thought it was pretty ironic that all three stores: Kmart, Target and Wal-Mart started in 1962.

CK

Originally posted by TheU2:
I always thought it was pretty ironic that all three stores: Kmart, Target and Wal-Mart started in 1962.
CK

You need a lesson from George Carlin on irony.

Finally! A hiccup in Melon's facts! I was about to pounce on that connection but zonelistener beat me to it.

Yes, Target has done exclusive CDs for awhile now; I have the Sting disc and it is a treat; it also has some live audio tracks from his September 99 DVD from LA. I wouldn't be surprised if the U2 CD does the same with some Boston DVD tracks. It comes one week late for my birthday, but Jan. 22 is not too early a release date for a "compilation" as the Sting one was briefly announced.

We have SuperTarget stores here, the best thing to come out of Minnesota (what will sulawesigirl4 & zonelistener have to say about THAT?)

Originally posted by U2Bama:

We have SuperTarget stores here, the best thing to come out of Minnesota (what will sulawesigirl4 & zonelistener have to say about THAT?)

U2Bama knows all! Target is 'one' of the best things to come out of Minnesota. Way better than Post-It Notes, Lucky Charms, the Pillsbury Dough Boy or The Replacements (O.K. - maybe not the Replacements).

Anyhting to add Sula?

Originally posted by TheU2:

CK

I think you mean "strange coincidence" rather than "irony".

Back
Top Bottom