New U2 Album Discussion (alt title: Lose Your Will To Live Here)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I vote we re-name this forum R'lyeh, corpse-forum of the damned. Its hellish non-euclidean logic and tenebrous nightmare inhabitants drive mad all who enter.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Bono R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

I think spiderman just killed any chance of an album. Looks like Bono and Edge are back in NY writing new songs for the musical according to @u2.com.

LuckyNumber7 said:
Who knows, they could be waaay ahead of schedule.

Please?

I hope so. But at this rate I dont see how they will have time to film a video for the single, photo shoots, etc.. I hope they have something up their sleeves.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Bono R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Uh oh

Kraken-cthulhu.jpg

I think spiderman just killed any chance of an album. Looks like Bono and Edge are back in NY writing new songs for the musical according to @u2.com.

HE FEASTS ON YOUR MADNESS
220px-Cthulhu_and_R%27lyeh.jpg

Yeah, it's really insulting. I remember when Pop came out and they'd talk about how smart their fans were, how they were into a lot of different music and wanted to be challenged. Do they not have those fans anymore?

Honestly, no, I think a lot of those fans have probably moved on, and perhaps more to the point, they don't newly attract that demographic anymore, as they did right up to (and probably including) ATYCLB. U2 used to have a foot in both camps - I don't think they do anymore.

As for their want for hits, yes they always have wanted hits. But you've got to be stupid to not be able to notice the difference in how they're coming about, and where they're coming from. The only argument really is whether thats deliberate or whether its just them losing touch, or losing ability, or losing inspiration. If you can't see the key difference between Vertigo and the Fly, or Crazy Tonight and Still Haven't Found... I can't help you. Keep on arguing that U2 are exactly the same as they've always been.

I don't buy that Pop was rushed, either. I think they took too long with it. It was the start of a destructive trend of taking a long time and then panicking and making poor decisions at the end.

I suppose you could argue both. Perhaps in what you hear, it sounds like the songs were getting too complex, i.e. they were spending too much time trying to perfect them, or whatever, and they overshot. But at the very least, when it came to wrapping it up, Pop was rushed. Clearly rushed. The giveaway is in the mixing and editing. I personally wouldn't change anything about any of the songs on Pop in terms of structure or arrangement or whatever, but there are some clear mixing/editing fuck ups that do just scream rush job, or 'unfinished'. But then given what the Best Of versions of those songs sound like, I'll take Pop as it is thanks - cock ups and all.

I doubt it. Firstly, the album should be done. Their involvement in those wrapping up phases would be (or should be) pretty limited. Fix a vocal here, perhaps this needs a little extra guitar part there. The good news is that on that front, perhaps Spiderman stops them from fucking around too much, or perhaps limits the temptation to overhaul. No time.

Second, what will take time and attention will be the actual promotion, and most of the heavy lifting on that is still ages away. There'll be a couple of days work somewhere when they pull some stunt + do a couple of NY based media appearances to debut the single and announce the album, and then there'll be a week or two in late April/early May before they jump on the US leg. With Spiderman, I don't know what work is involved, or how long they expect it to take, but I would think that its something they'd want sorted well before then. Really, if they're now looking at it drifting to then, and making arrangements around that, they're even more stupid than they already appear to be.

The mad Arab Abdul Taymor spent ceaseless nights, quill in hand, writing and rewriting the Spidermonicon, the book of the Dead. Returning from a journey below the ruins of a nameless desert town, Taymor raved of spectacular, acrobatic things lurking just beyond the mind's eye to all who would listen, and struggled feverishly to relay upon fragile paper the hallucinatory magnificence of unearthly architecture aged many millenia past of a long-dead race, one bearing six legs and a fondness for footwear.

From the window of Taymor's lonely room overlooking the town, neighbors grew familiar with the sight of a flickering candle relentlessly burning at all hours. As they crossed in the streets below at night, the oily thieves swapped rumors of an unspeakable possession within that house, the madness that could not be contained.

It was a boiling stormy night when an unearthly cry rang out from her watchtower. Taymor's neighbors rushed up the flight of stairs, past the ungainly life-sized puppets in the lobby, and found her jaundiced body; quill clenched in hand. They could not unsee Abdul Taymor's wan complexion and bloodshot eyes locked in a gaze of horror at what had forcibly evicted itself from her corpse. And lying upon the oaken desk she had spent ceaseless months abreast was a rather large, worn book with putrid yellow pages resting ominously complete, for Taymor's ink had reached the climactic page. A man stepped forward, peering through the fading candle light at the book. The text was largely jumbled and in an illegible angular language, save for the final line, printed abnormally precise and bearing a chilling passage every person in that room went to their grave remembering:

"turn off the dark..."

They say all who gaze upon the words of this eldritch book acquire an ethereal darkness within their soul, the untimely departure of all who love them, and a negative review in the New York Times.

why, why did i read the last 7 pages?

that's blind hope/optimism for ya! :sad:

U2 are perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really, Radiohead have good ideas but U2 are stuck in the old, irrelevant world.

OK, and seriously...Duran Duran love and "radiohead are shit"...says it all about current U2 fans. I guess you can't see that radiohead occupy the space once held by U2.

Duran Duran are a fuckin joke.

What does it say smart ass? I think U2 a "good" band at the moment but Radiohead... well words can't describe how over-rated they are. I can't see how people get such a big boner over that mindless drivel.

Plus the is a U2 thread... keep to the script people

Bono and The Edge back in NY for Spiderman - To me this really means no new album any time soon. There is no way it'll happen until Winter, in my humble opinion.
:angry:

spiderman, spiderman, does whatever a spider can
spins a web, any size, delays the album, we'd scrutinize

Bono! lay off the spidermaaaaan

relevancy

Please please please please for the love of God PLEASE don't use this word ever. Troll each other to oblivion, discuss Radiohead, bitch about Spiderman, do everything imaginable but discuss the new album. Just don't use such a subjective, meaningless term as proof of anything. I don't think I've ever once seen it used without two pages following exclusive to the discussion of what it means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom