New U2 Album Discussion (alt title: Lose Your Will To Live Here)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What would Radiohead have done with Achtung Baby? Would they have released it over the span of 8 months with 30-second clips of each song per day? And in random order so it was like a musical jigsaw puzzle the listener had to piece together themselves?

Between this and waiting for the carmelo anthony trade to happen I think my head might explode

I really hope the Knicks trade half their roster for Anthony so they can be stuck in mediocrity for the next 10 years. They would be smart to call his bluff and look for the best available FA this summer.

I think someone needs to get a message to the band. The band needs to know what the lack of actual news is doing to us.

YOU'RE TEARING US APART, BONO!!!!!

room.jpg

Has the relationship of the band to social media been overdiscussed yet or is it still fresh

Didn't Edge make a few twitter posts once?

Has the relationship of the band to social media been overdiscussed yet or is it still fresh

Didn't Edge make a few twitter posts once?

He seems to have abandoned that. :sad: Edge why did you leave us? Anyway he only posted his photography which was very cool. But it would have been fun if he'd actually gave us little bits of info once in a while too. Ahhh well.

if we're going to draw insane comparisons and accuse The2 of ripping off other artists, not following certain other artists' business models, etc....can i at least make this illogical conclusion:

thumbnail.aspx

thumbnail.aspx

which basically says i have no idea what the fuck im talking about but clearly the rooster came first. Done deal! :sexywink:

if we're going to draw insane comparisons and accuse The2 of ripping off other artists, not following certain other artists' business models, etc....can i at least make this illogical conclusion:

thumbnail.aspx

thumbnail.aspx

which basically says i have no idea what the fuck im talking about but clearly the rooster came first. Done deal! :sexywink:
lemon.jpg

katy-perry-grammys-2009.jpg

Seem familiar? :shifty:

He seems to have abandoned that. :sad: Edge why did you leave us? Anyway he only posted his photography which was very cool. But it would have been fun if he'd actually gave us little bits of info once in a while too. Ahhh well.

I wonder what their personal twitter handles would be.

Pro_Bono

MrTheEdge

AdamHadEm

MulletBanger

If one of them tweeted all "no album before June, gaiz!" aka a floor rather than a ceiling for album release this'd be much less aggravating.

Well, on No Line U2 shared songwriting credits with the producers, and so does Britney...and Eno, Lanois, Flood, and Howie B have prepared tracks for U2...who's to say William?Guetta/RedOne (should be fuckin red man!) won't do the same? Not that I have any fears about what they do because, unlike you, I don't think I'm in the band!

Are U2 not working with the biggest club producers because they want a hit? Isn't this what Britney does? You deflected my question of motivation to bring up irrelevant points about song composition.
I'm guessing you're fairly new to U2...

I think I'm in the band? :doh:

You've reached a whole level of ignorance.

I don't pretend to know their motivation or what comes first, only someone in the band would know that...

25 million sold, not counting In Rainbows or King of Limbs.

And that's with :crack: as a lead singer.

LOL I wasn't really saying no one buys their albums. I'm just getting pissed about all the radio head this and that. I love radio head, but they are not even the same type of band as U2. Two completely different bands. But I really thought they would have sold more than 25 million but oh well. Here's hoping for a new U2 album. Those damn sales outs! :wink:

I'm guessing you're fairly new to U2...

I think I'm in the band? :doh:

You've reached a whole level of ignorance.

I don't pretend to know their motivation or what comes first, only someone in the band would know that...

Well you seem to be taking this really personally, so either you're in the band or identify with them so much you feel slighted when they are criticised. As for their motivation for working with club producers, it's to have a hit! Jesus, they've talked about that!

And I'm not new to U2 at all, just pointing out roles that their producers have had. You are incapable of making an argument and jump right to insults, so why not just say nothing instead of acting like a petty child?

They've always wanted hits, anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't understand their history.

Absolutely, it's been said several times (directly from the band) that they love hits. They love the reaction to them. They love playing them.

They've always wanted hits, anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't understand their history.

The exact nanosecond someone gets any kind of inspiration from another person, they become morally equivalent to Max Martin-built boy bands.

I think they've always wanted hits. I just don't like them trying to write what people want to hear as opposed to making the music they want to make as best as they can. There's a difference. Thinking Pop wasn't fully realized because you're rushed is one thing. Thinking NLOTH was "too complex" or whatever for the audience is another thing, and it's a horrible thing.

OK, I get it now: You just don't understand what I've been saying because you're too busy trying and failing to come up with decent insults.

Of course they like hits. I never said otherwise, and anyone who says they, or any other artist does not want mass recognition for their work is an idiot.

What their choice of "club" producers indicates, and what you are ignoring, is that their approach has changed. I'm not going to start attacking your knowledge of the band, because it is intimidating in its depth, but if you think about the way they've talked about hits over the years, it has changed.

They used to have the attitude, "Hit's are great but we're not going to chase them" to "We need hits, let's put Stand Up Comedy on the album...and not release it as a singe!" They are open about chasing hits, whereas before they did their thing, wrote great songs that BECAME hits.

I think this is the closest thing we have to a Random U2 Discussion thread, so any peripheral discussion starts migrating here. If we had a true Random U2 thread, I think this would start focusing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom