New Sound

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt U2 will even release Mercy on an album. As for the next in the trilogy...I predict U2 follows the trend set by the last two albums. Like it or not, what the media has to say about U2's latest really affects them. After "Rattle and Hum" they were accused of taking themseleves too seriously. Cure for that...."Achtung Baby." After "Pop" they were accused of not taking themselves and the the fans seriously enough. Cure for that...."All That You Can't Leave Behind." Maybe the next album will be lame as can be and they'll be accused of being lame. Cure for that....."an adventurous album released in 2016" So it's only a ten year wait for quality music. I'm optimistic!

I think the next album will be the best yet just cause i know bono already thinks it lol nah but seriously i think we can expect the best to come out of them soon ... i think they've gotten to the point where its just fun again and they're not really worried about it and thats a good thing

gherman said:
I think it is going to go towards the sound of Mercy. More with finding a sound of desperation than rock and hope.

This sounds rather Achtung Baby-ish to me...:hmm:

Would it kill U2 to make an album that'll be based on SEVERAL sounds? I mean, all of their albums have featured one sound up to this point, so maybe making a 20 track album with all kinds of crazy junk might be a good way to go. It wouldn't be very album-like, but it would be a lot more fun to listen to than ATYCLB. :huh:

giant lemons... said:
i got knocked for suggesting the triple album thing. how come no one knocked vox1254

Because you are acting the idiot and Vox1254 isn't.

Re-read his/her posts in this thread and see how they differ from yours -- not so much in the actual content, but in the tone.

And if you can't see the difference...well, then you won't last very long. :shrug:

Hey thanks for the back up Indra. I don't think there's anything wrong with people having their own opinion on things. I respect everyone else's opinions as long as there isn't a rude comment made afterwards. We should be happy we're all into a band that keeps things interesting. That's why there are so many different opinions on different topics for U2. They keep it interesting. For the better or for the worse. However you look at it. Regardless if there are "eras" or not they'll always be 4 kids from Ireland taking on the world with their music.

PS: I'm a he. :wink:

I agree with the "trilogies" theory, and I think the new album will feature a new sound, hinted at by Mercy and Fast cars.

I think that it could be interesting if by the time the tour re-starts, the band released a 9/10 track LP with songs that didn't make the final cut of The Bomb, like Mercy. See there included too Fast Cars (that despite a bonus track, not everybody knows it, and it'd be a great single) and/or even the rumored James Bond song. It didn't have to be a masterpiece, just a little gift for those who enjoy the band's work.

Then, I agree, they could start the real new album with a new kind of sound, a new kind of concept. I wouldn't mind things worked that way.

indra said:
Because you are acting the idiot and Vox1254 isn't
if i'm such an idiot, why did u read my post.

Mod note: Post fixed. Do not change the name or otherwise alter quotes. - neutral

Aygo said:

Where in this thread did I post that your asshole?
Next time try to check who the original poster of your quotes was or don't make fake accusations, okay?:angry: :evil: :mad:

Why are you arguing with a tunafish sandwich?

Mark my words, U2 will produce virtually an identical album style wise to the previous 2 albums. U2's mainstream audience is already hanging on by a thread, this is not the time for U2 to keep experimenting, that time ended in 1997. The last two albums+tour made a shitload of money and if they decide to take another road for this new album, it wouldn't make any financial sense as the past two made truckloads with its easy listening mainstream style.
Then again, if every song on the new album is as good as Mercy, I couldn't give a rats ass!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom