New Solar Album Cover?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convoy

Acrobat
U2Solar.jpg

Shock and Awe

Last edited:
I was emailed under the instructions "Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Just Show. Propaganda is everything."

yes... where... it looks very well done... almost believable. the only thing i have a problem with is the sticker... it's crooked... very very well done to the point where it actually looks real... but crooked none the less. so i don't know what crooked means... either it means the person who photoshoped this didn't know how to make the black box crooked, or it was just put on the packaging crooked... but then again, that kind of sticker is usually applied to the plastic wrapping, not the actual cd case...

so who exactly e-mailed this to you? perhaps the edge's cousin?

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
yes... where... it looks very well done... almost believable. the only thing i have a problem with is the sticker... it's crooked... very very well done to the point where it actually looks real... but crooked none the less. so i don't know what crooked means... either it means the person who photoshoped this didn't know how to make the black box crooked, or it was just put on the packaging crooked... but then again, that kind of sticker is usually applied to the plastic wrapping, not the actual cd case...

so who exactly e-mailed this to you?

It says not to tell. But I see what you mean now with the sticker. It is slightly odd that it isn't crooked but then again the sticker could be an error. Withnot on the actual CD case I have to say yes and no, for I have a few CDs with the sticker on the cd since it was on the case when i un wrapped it such as the Ghost of Tom Joad by Springsteen. I think it all really depends on the CD.

I would hope American Prayer wouldn't be on the album..

thats the only thing that prevents me from considering believing it, but hey, i may be a moron

seems odd that they'd have the album already copied and printed at this point....
:|
i dunno about this... it does look cool though

Sorry, I'm not exactly beLIEving it...

maybe the person who e-mailed it to you created a false e-mail account and did the cover on photoshop.

Do you know the person personally? Do you have "connections"? You don't have to say WHO, just that it is a KNOWN RELIABLE SOURCE? is it a known reliable source?

Wouldn't someone somewhere, namely U2, want this OFF the I-net ASAP?

I also don't think american prayer will be on the new album. Also, I've never heard of the last song title, though it sounds cool. And what happened to "Full metal Jacket/Native Son," I thought it was the mother of all rock tunes. Wouldn't it be a noteworthy single?

If "native son" was on there, I may almost believe it!

Would be cool if it was real though, that'd mean we'd see the album/single soon!!!!!!

I wonder if Solar is a single and the 3 songs are B-Sides....that would make sense if American Prayer was on there.....If American Prayer is on the album I would be SHOCKED......I think we are going to have a bunch of hoaxes like this until May when the real album gets here

I love the cover, sort of reminds me of the art for "The Fly" single, however I really hope American Prayer isn't on the album....:ohmy:

single theory is indeed interesting- but would xanax and wine be a b side if it had been described as having bono's best lyrics to date or something to that effect by ignoreland awhile back?

well it was ignoreland's opinion that those were his best lyrics. If I knew the band while they were recording "Behind" and I said, "there is this song called Summer Rain and it has some of Bono's best lyrics yet"......it could still end up a b-side.

Last edited:
Good point StlElevation.
I wouldn't mind a single/song that turned out to be Solar.....hmm..

I don't think xanax and wine would be a b side, either though.
singles don't usually have a sticker with what b-sides are on them either, do they?

I could see there being a sticker for American prayer as a b-side though.

I think, if it is a hoax, then the maker was playing it safe using, 1.) a song we've heard and know exists.
2.) A song we know is on the album
3.) A potentially new/unheard of song (could be name for Full meatl jacket/native son, though.)

I really on't know what to make of it though i'm sure American prayer woudn't be on the album and xanax and wine wouldn't be a b-side to a single called solar.

I think, it's a hoax, although, if american prayer wasn't on there, I'd accpet it as the real thing, for now anyway!

We haven't heard from Convoy in a while.

Convoy, could you please let us know if you recieved this info from a known reliable source or was it just a random e-mail to you? If this person is indeed a reliable source of yours, you don't have to say WHO it is, just let us know that you recieved th info from a RELIABLE source!

Thanx!!!!

When is the last time anyone has seen Bono.....last thing I saw was the Justin show. I think it is about time for him to break his silence. I think it is very strange how guarded this album has been...the suspense is maddening!

this forum keeps getting funnier and funnier......its what happens when there is no official news about anything for months. You can only talk about POP so much.......

something gives me the feeling that the band reads this forum, just laughing and laughing.......

That is definitely NOT the new album cover. I will, however, give props to the person who made the brilliant and somewhat sneaky move to try and trick people by including 'American Prayer' on the sticker. Their reasoning likely goes like this:

1) No U2 fanatic believes 'American Prayer' will be on the album.

2) Only a U2 fanatic would make a fake album cover.

3) If I create a fake album cover with 'American Prayer' on it, people will assume it was not made by a U2 fanatic.

Conclusion: Therefore, people will assume it is legitimate.

Brilliant.

bogus

Who ever did this.... slipped up a lil....

You'll notice that on th left side, the jacket isnt touching the top left inside of the case... but at the bottom it is????

You'll also notice that the inside jacket seems to extend ALL the way to the right edge of the plastic/jewel case.... along the entire length of it.....

So of the artwork also seems to be done OVER the jewel case, but with a transparency, so it appears to be behind the plastic....

I may be wrong, but I've also seen better fakes and been able to call them out.

My vote: BOGUS

Attachments

• u2solar-bogus.jpg
    u2solar-bogus.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 53
i really hope its bogus b/c american prayer is probably their worst effort since red light and i dont want it included

Back
Top Bottom