New Solar Album Cover? - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-13-2004, 11:05 PM   #46
Refugee

Local Time: 09:09 PM
It was actually pretty exciting and fun to think about wether it was real or not, though i didn't notice the left side sticking out, I was always a bit skeptical!

I want a new juicy rumour to talk about!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-13-2004, 11:20 PM   #47
War Child

Local Time: 02:09 AM
yeah it would definately be nice if they would just say something about it. But I think before ATYCLB U2 was always very secretive about their new stuff. I think we may have got spoiled last time with Bono talking alot about the songs. Then we were bombarded with U2 doing alot of promo gigs. One theory I just thought of about all the secrecy....maybe the U2 camp is keeping
Bono out of the spotlight for the next few months fearing overexposure. So maybe no Bono for 2 months then info about the album starts to surface in March with an album release in May....so much for playing hooky from work on March 9 and listening to the new u2 album over and over and over.....................and over.

Old 01-13-2004, 11:45 PM   #48
Blue Crack Distributor

anthrax and beer, eh?
Old 01-13-2004, 11:49 PM   #49
New Yorker

Local Time: 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis

Next time, print it out, then put it in the jewel case.... then take pics of it. Looks a bit more real
ha ha! I love the fact that the owner of this blue crack place is giving out tips on how to make fakes look more real. Interference rules!

as for keeping Bono under wraps before the album is released -- don't know if you realized this but Bono likes to talk alot. They are probably afraid he will say too much.
Old 01-13-2004, 11:53 PM   #50
Blue Crack Distributor

perhaps we should all make our own fakes

and sharky... unforgettable fire playin' flannery's on the 23rd... i'm expecting all our new york peeps to be in the house (check the thread in gatherngs)
Old 01-14-2004, 07:19 AM   #51
The Fly

Local Time: 03:09 AM
I like it!!!!!!!!!!!

It's better than "Ready To Rumble'

ZOOROPA
Old 01-14-2004, 07:37 AM   #52
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis

Next time, print it out, then put it in the jewel case.... then take pics of it. Looks a bit more real
I was originally going to do that but my printer is really bad.
Old 01-14-2004, 07:40 AM   #53
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Griffiths

Just tell me one thing, Covoy - Did you choose 'American Prayer' for the very reasons I espoused? Or was I completely off base? And if I was off base, do you really think the new album will include 'American Prayer'?
I choose it for pretty much the reasons you have espoused. For me it was the only song for sure that was new and exists and without it being on any album or single right now I thought it would make sense from the band to place it on the album either as a normal track or bonus / hidden
Old 01-18-2004, 03:24 PM   #54
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:09 AM
I really, really like the cover. From what Bono has been saying about the type of music is on the album, I think it fits very well. But I feel the same way as other people about American Prayer. Unless... they have made some major revisions on it because I don't like the song.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:47 AM   #55
Babyface

Local Time: 10:09 PM
Old 01-23-2004, 12:55 AM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie

cookepuss (great name, by the way) - Your dissertation is much appreciated and informative, but if you had noticed Convoy's post, you wouldn't have had to go to all that trouble!

Quote:
Originally posted by Convoy
This is nothing more then a half hours work in Paint Shop pro. I wan'ted to see how well I could fool you all for just a short amount of time. All I did was creative the 'cover image' and the took a picture of my Fuel CD with my digital camera and then edited out Fuel cover and replaced it with the cover of my own doing. My hope was that if I was lucky at the most I could fool a bunch of people for a short time and then if best force U2 to leak any information on their own doing. kinda like one of those deal when you tell somebody you know something so that maybe they'll either spill the beans or saw some things that they shouldn't have. If anyone is upset I am sorry.
Old 01-23-2004, 01:03 AM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie

cookepuss? Where did you go? Cripes. I hope I didn't say something wrong. You should have left it! It was brilliant nonetheless.