New single Live B-Sides

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cyril

The Fly
I was wondering which live b-sides will U2 release with the first single taken from their new album.

As we know, U2 has released Discotheque and Velvet Dress (live from Mexico City) as "live b-sides" on the Beautiful Day single, and Kite, Bad and Streets (live from Boston) with the Electrical Storm single, among others. I am guessing the live b-sides for the new single will be taken from the Slane concert, maybe Out of Control and Sunday Bloody Sunday, or All I Want is You and Streets. What do you think?

I would really really want the band to release Please and In God's Country acoustic versions from Elevation Tour 3rd leg :love: ... I know, in my dreams ... (but you gotta "Dream out Loud" :sexywink: ).

Personally, I hope the first single has new songs that didnt make the new album as B sides. The original and primary single of B. Day didnt have the live tracks. It contained Always and Summer Rain as the B sides. I would rather have new songs. Live stuff can be obtained on bootleg or is already on the DVD's.

Oh, and BTW, Kite was not released as a live B-side on the Electrical Storm single. Although there were early rumours (and even a scan of the back cover!) that it was included.

C ya!

Marty

I agree with others in that there should be material left off the album. Lord knows there is enough material.

i agree with blue room.

i still remember picking up the "discotheque" single and just falling in love with "holy joe"

Screw live songs.....we can always download millions from wherever.....I want some real rough demos with Bono constantly stopping the recording to talk with Nelson Mandela and Larry getting royally pissed about it.....

you mean real b-sides. seriously, a live album track is just bonus material. it's like a weak attempt at appealing to the semi-fans as well as the obssessives.

Back
Top Bottom