New Single in U.S.?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

POPMUZZZIK

The Fly
Any ideas on what the next single will be? I think Kite and Stuck would do well. U2's songs usually start off on modern rock stations, then go to other formats.

Kite is the type of song that has crossover potential - it seems like it would do well on all formats. Stuck seems more like an Adult top 40 song than modern rock, but it also seems like it would make a decent single

IALW and WH also seem like they have crossover potential. I think Elevation (Tomb Raider mix) did good on modern rock (it got to #8) but the TR mix made it harder to get on top 40 stations. Anybody have any ideas about the next single???

My money is on Stuck being the next single released to Top 40 and Adult Top 40 stations. The fifth single will probably be In A Little While again released to Top 40 and Adult Top 40 stations.

I agree with the Elevation Tombraider mix being a bit too heavy for Top 40 airplay. The album version would probably perform better on Top 40 stations.

I wonder when the next single will be released? September? Hopefully there will be a video. I wonder if the Stuck video used in Europe will be used in the US.

I can't wait for the live concert . I've heard it will be on in November, and I'm hoping the will show the Boston concert because that's the one I went to. I went to Boston 4, anyone else?

Yep Yep Yep POPMUZIK i was at all four shows ( ga,gc,ga,ga) and i hope ( keep my fingers crossed!! ) , i'll go at fall again
smile.gif
)

I was in the heart at Boston 4, Ivan. The show was amazing. I was shocked when they played Party Girl.

Do you remember the thing at the end of the concert. Some guy ran on stage, and then ran around the heart, and then actually picked Bono up!

Oh wow! You saw Party Girl live! I'd love to see that one played live. Was that the only show of the tour that it was played?

I'd like to see When I Look At The World released as a single.

I think they are going to do an across the board release of Stuck in A Moment as the next single after Elevation elevates up the charts. On KROQ, the big huge commercial L.A. alternative rock station, they had an ad where they say "New Radiohead, New Stone Temple Pilots, New System of a Down etc" and they play a snippet of a song and when they said "New U2" they played Stuck in a Moment!!! That song is sooo not an alternative rock station song, but if they are releasing it to alt rock I would say in a few months it will hit Adult Alternative etc.

That's great news! Stuck is a great song. It should do well on Adult stations, after it's released to Modern rock. The song did well in the rest of the world, now we'll see how Americans take to it.

I hope the video is the same one used before. It fits the song perfectly, and it's not as dull as the Walk On video was. That video was ok, but the changing of the bodies was a little silly. The Stuck video has a lot of meaning that viewers will pick up on immediatley. Fits the song great!

year pop muzik i liked party girl very much
also People get ready , so heartbreaking !!!! , and the scene about grabbing bono , i remember exatly the same moment at photo during war( or UF )
tour when some very bald and huge guy danced with Mr Hewson and grabbed him like on boston show
PLEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE
PLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE
!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????????
GAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGA
Admition floor in boston for the third and beyond leg

Am I the only one that's going to have to get a job to pay for their tickets? Ugggh, see that's why I hate being 19... Parents get all weird with you!

Oh by the way, yeah, I think Stuck will be the next single... I would hope for a release in the US, but we all know that's not going to happen
frown.gif

------------------
~Vero
"Well if you dream then dream out loud...Always"

Stuck has been released in the U.S! U2.com confirmed that Stuck will be released in the U.S. this week and next to radio stations.

I can't wait for the video!

Stuck has been released in the U.S! U2.com confirmed that Stuck will be released in the U.S. this week and next to radio stations.

I can't wait for the video!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom