New single in September?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
:shrug: what d'ya want from 'em

i want U2 to script a soundtrack to my life that perfectly reflects the various life situations that *I* am currently struggling with.

it's so selfish of them to write without pausing for a moment to consider MY needs.

:tsk:

this is usually the point where someone comes in to state that anyone who actually likes ATYCLB and/or Bomb is just a sheepishblind follower of the band

so I am pleasantly surprised!

and I don't expect anything from U2 until I hear official announcements
even the official announcements tend to be about 2 months off :huh:

Don't expect anything. You're probably wrong. That's one lesson we can all learn from U2.

the tourist said:

A long time ago, around the time How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb came out, I was on this forum quite a lot. And people were vicious to one another.

Oddly I don't remember threads being closed due to that.

Well, enough is enough with people being rude to each other. It's ridiculous.

Bonochick said:

Well, enough is enough with people being rude to each other. It's ridiculous.

Can we open a thread where it is officially okay to insult and beat the hell out of each other? The U2 INTERFERENCE ONLINE version of "Hey buddy, ya wanna step outside?"

dietcokeofevil said:

Can we open a thread where it is officially okay to insult and beat the hell out of each other? The U2 INTERFERENCE ONLINE version of "Hey buddy, ya wanna step outside?"

You can put a thread in Don't Expect, Suggest...but I don't think you'll get the answer you want. :laugh:

dietcokeofevil said:

YES! That would be awesome! We could make lists of people who sould be banned in there too! Anything Goes thread!

Does no one here remember the rules???

LemonMelon said:
DA RULES

1. Achtung Baby is the greatest album not just by U2, but by anyone, ever.

2. Joshua Tree was great, but was far better live.

3. Zooropa and Pop=edgy masterpieces, though you must have no actual affiliation with them, just say you do to look cool.

4. Everything U2 has released after Pop is useless crap that you must have nothing to do with, regardless of your opinions.

5. You must say "IMO" after every sentence you write, otherwise, you'll be beaten with wet spaghetti.

6. Larry's hair sucks.

7. You have no opinion. Ever. Just follow the rules.

8. If you do not follow all of the above rules without fail, you will have said offending post quoted, and have a ":| " smiley placed underneath it.

9. Have a nice day.

You all deserve a spanking. :tsk:

I bought my copy of the All My Life single yesterday. :drool:

What, none of you bought it? :eyebrow:

PS I also picked up a copy of the Solar album and the Vertigo Milan DVD. :up:

U2girl said:
According to atu2.com's Off the record:

"A new member of @U2's Forum posted a couple days ago about hearing from Dennis Sheehan (U2's tour manager) that the band is going to put out a new single in September. Skepticism is always in order with Internet rumors, but really ... this makes perfect sense.

From GreenDay.com:
As promised, we are very proud to unveil the big news we've hinted at.
In the coming weeks, we'll be going into the studio with U2 to record a cover of the song "The Saints Are Coming," which was originally recorded by Scottish punk band, The Skids. We were asked by U2 to record the song with them to benefit Music Rising (www.musicrising.org), an organization that replaces instruments musicians lost in Hurricane Katrina's wake.

The rumor was true. :up:

Re: Re: New single in September?

guill said:

From GreenDay.com:
As promised, we are very proud to unveil the big news we've hinted at.
In the coming weeks, we'll be going into the studio with U2 to record a cover of the song "The Saints Are Coming," which was originally recorded by Scottish punk band, The Skids. We were asked by U2 to record the song with them to benefit Music Rising (www.musicrising.org), an organization that replaces instruments musicians lost in Hurricane Katrina's wake.

The rumor was true. :up:

Yup, and it sounds like the track will be a one-off charity track, as opposed to one actually on U2's next album. Thank goodness!

Back
Top Bottom