New ringtone from the Edge!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cstar

The Fly
http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/dc/launch?.rand=a4pf191fv3jli

I found this this morning and haven't seen it posted yet, so here goes. I can't figure out how to get the ringtone if anyone gets it let us know!

Press Release Source: CTIA - The Wireless Association

CTIA and U2's The Edge Rally Global Audience to Demonstrate Enormous Potential of Mobile Video Messaging
Tuesday October 23, 12:35 pm ET
Campaign Will Feature Exclusive Ringtone and Video from The Edge, Delivered to Mobile Devices by Vantrix

SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--CTIA WIRELESS I.T. & Entertainment® 2007, taking place this week at San Francisco’s Moscone Center, is embarking on a common short code (CSC) campaign designed to start a mobile video revolution. CTIA attendees will receive an exclusive video and downloadable ringtone from U2's The Edge via mobile phone text messaging this morning.

Music videos, song tracks and ringtones are among the most popular multimedia content sold on mobile devices today. To further demonstrate the lure, legendary musician The Edge, from the band U2, has produced an exclusive video for CTIA‘s CSC campaign. He has also recorded an exclusive ringtone that can be downloaded after watching the video and passed along to others, at no charge.

“It's not that people don’t want to watch video on their device—they simply don’t know their device is capable,” said Robert Mesirow, vice president of business operations and show director for CTIA WIRELESS I.T. & Entertainment. “By spreading the word at the industry’s leading wireless and technology gathering, we have the opportunity to educate a massive audience about the availability of mobile video. This, combined with our ability to offer content from a rock icon like The Edge, could potentially make this the most watched mobile video in history.”

In an effort to bring mobile video to the forefront of the consumer’s wireless experience, CTIA has enlisted the help of Vantrix to adapt this exclusive video message to optimally suit virtually every video-capable wireless device on the market. Consumers will text “CTIA” to 23333 to find out if their mobile devices can receive video and get the CTIA-exclusive video and ringtone from The Edge.

“There are over 80 million wireless users in the U.S. with video-capable phones, but less than 10 percent of them use their phone to watch any type of video,” said Manish Jha, CEO of Vantrix. “Through this joint initiative with CTIA, we seek to educate consumers about the power of mobile phones as media players and the different ways to find video and music on the mobile Internet. We are delighted to work with CTIA to provide this engaging experience for wireless users.”

Consumers unable to access the video via the short code on their handsets are invited to obtain the ringtone by visiting www.vantrix.com/CTIA and entering their cell phone number.

hehe, i really like to ringtone. i have to say that i can't put my finger on what it sounds like. a burning man possibly? :)

I read about this this morning. I don't think my phone is capable of showing video. Too bad. Oh well, maybe it will show up somewhere. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom