New Music Rumors and Such, Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, guys...remember that album you did in the late nineties? Yeah, with that colorful photo of the band on the cover? "Soda" or something?

This thread needs more wild speculation. So, is it possible that this fellow is actually making remixes of AIWIY and Grace to be b-sides of an upcoming single? I could imagine remixed versions of those songs making sense with Every Breaking Wave based on its descriptions. Just throwing that out there. :whistle:

that stage is just screaming for Grace to be played. :|

The statistic that makes my head explode is that if they do play Grace it would be the 6th ATYCLB song played this tour. That is one less than NLOTH and equal to all the 90's songs. :crack:

Look for confirmation soon that Achtung Baby will be the next remastered/deluxe edition to be released in November. It's been reported on Digital Bits that several European retail sites have hinted pre-ordering is imminent.

I guess they are going to skip "Rattle and Hum" at least for now which sucks as that album has a lot more great b-sides and unreleased tracks which could fill out a second cd. Achtung Baby's bonus cd will be likely filled with remixes and the few non-album b-side tracks like Salome, Lady With The Spinning Head, etc.

T.B.

lol Sacramento

I'm from here and like to make fun of it, but I feel defensive whenever someone not from here does the same. It's like how only I can make fun of my siblings, but I get defensive when someone else does.

I don't quite understand this though. They're practicing the songs? Rerecording them? Working on remixes?

Pop pop pop pop.

Yes U2 you know what to play and it goes by the name POP. Now stop being so scared and acting as if the album doesnt exist but just do it.

but really - it could be Amazing Grace they are working on for a transition into All I want is you. Could be a bside, could be a lot of things. I doubt this guy would call the song Grace a classic.

Either way they are at least working on SOMETHING. which is better than working on nothing at all. And people need to relax too - i doubt that reworking old songs counts as what they said about playing new songs that they've been working on.

Also, he can probably work in the studio from Sacramento with U2 no matter where U2 are. Technology is awesome.

But Sacramento is decidedly not awesome, for whatever that is worth.

Agreed with the "at least they're working on something"....if I wind up not liking it, oh well, but at least I'll possibly have that excitement that comes with new material or even reworked material.

Look for confirmation soon that Achtung Baby will be the next remastered/deluxe edition to be released in November. It's been reported on Digital Bits that several European retail sites have hinted pre-ordering is imminent.

I guess they are going to skip "Rattle and Hum" at least for now which sucks as that album has a lot more great b-sides and unreleased tracks which could fill out a second cd. Achtung Baby's bonus cd will be likely filled with remixes and the few non-album b-side tracks like Salome, Lady With The Spinning Head, etc.

T.B.

Shoot, there goes my theory about a Rattle & Hum remaster thing.
Remember that BB King Collboration rumour from that Italian newspaper (tabloid?)?
Then a re-recorded (Amazing?) Grace for the Super Deluxe B-sides and Rarities Disc along with a new take on All I Want Is You?

But this RnB fellow doesn't really fit into that equation anyway.

Never mind the above ramblings then...

But Sacramento is decidedly not awesome, for whatever that is worth.

Agreed with the "at least they're working on something"....if I wind up not liking it, oh well, but at least I'll possibly have that excitement that comes with new material or even reworked material.

damn fine job of protecting this thread.

as much as you guys may hate ATYCLB, the fact that they are playing a shit-ton of those songs and not HTDAAB is fantastic. i would take In A Little While, Stuck in a Moment, and Walk On over Love and Peace/All Because of You/Yaweh. more 90s than 80s would be cool, but the number of 00s songs in the setlist is just a testament to the strength and longevity of U2's career.

I'd assume you were kidding, but based on what you've named as your second favorite REM album ......

:wink:

If anything, they should bring back the epic version of Kite from the Vertigo tour 2006, it was only played a few times, but it's so beautiful.

I'd assume you were kidding, but based on what you've named as your second favorite REM album ......

:wink:

:lol: Touché.
But seriously, to me Vertigo live is boring as hell. :| Bono can't sing that fast especially at the middle of the concert. Also, Elevation severely kicks that song's ass. And OOTS and OSC are beautiful. My two favorites from HTDAAB.
Actually the right thing to do would be to play the Redanka Mix of Vertigo instead, but that will never happen.

^ completely agree with last unicorn... One of the best "live arrangements" they have ever done imo.
Possibly second only to Love is Blindness.

I can take or leave Vertigo. I like the stage effects with the spinning screen, and Bono shadowboxing with the camera at the end.

I'm reeeeeeeeally ready for Elevation to hit the highway.

I'm reeeeeeeeally ready for Elevation to hit the highway.

Luckily that won't ever happen. It's bad enough already that they never played my favorite song. :| I would be seriously pisssed if they drop Elevation too, which is my second and is an awesome song.
And they don't play my third, fourth or fifth favorites either. Damn...

if grace is a classic i'm a dutchman.

I don't know about you, but I'm a Dutchman. :p

(though I don't think Grace is a classic. I do think it's a very good song though and an excellent closer to ATYCLB, which is also an excellent album)

:)

While Rattle And Hum did have many great B-sides (mostly collected on the B-sides disc of The Best Of 1980-1990), Achtung Baby had at least as many great B-sides.
Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk/Korova 1, Lady With The Spinning Head, Satellite Of Love, Salomé, Where Did It All Go Wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom