New Music Rumors and Such, Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a chunky, SUC-esque track about Glastonbury played through a gigantic fan. What am I supposed to say about it?

just some more Get On Your Bootsish cock rocking drivel. at least thats what it sounds like to me, in this raw form.

not too excited.

Is Interference okay?

I'm pretty digging the new track. It reminds me a bit of Boots, ABOY... rocky, uptempo.. works for me! Can't wait for a proper version, either live or studio.

As a massive Led Zep fan, I'm really liking this. Whole Lotta Love style riff, the Glastonbury reference, all going through the U2 filter.

Sounds like U2 have got their balls back!

Well, The quality of the clip doesn't help much, but it did sound pretty rocking which is what I like the most in U2.

Anyway, let's wait until it's debut live.

The Glastonbury theory makes sense. Why should they just throw away the song they wrote for the festival? I don't think it's a song from SOA - or whatever their next album will be called. I still believe in the "ambient" theory, but maybe U2 realised that the more ambient tracks don't necessarily make good live songs. I love NLOTH to death as an album and I think most of the songs translate really well into a live setting, still I think they shouldn't push it by adding even more ambient stuff to the setlist. They simply need some rock tunes.

Btw, I LOVE Bono's voice here, very powerful, you can hear it's well rested. I especially like the slower singing towards the end (the bridge or whatever it is) :up:

i agree on the above point. U2 isn't going to bring a ton of ambient songs live.

as far as this new one, i go back and forth with U2's rocking songs of the last 10 years. i love Vertigo and GOYB, and don't like SUC and ABOY. i do think i'll enjoy this one. the percussion and guitar riff are pretty bad ass.

I am pretty disappointed in NLOTH and this song doesn't do much for me from what I could hear anyway. Come on U2 give me something I can sing to :sad:

Really? I think it sounds promising. As far as singing along to NLOTH tracks, I listen to a random shuffle of songs on my commute home every day, and if Breathe comes on I can't stop myself from singing along to it (usually by the point of "every day IIIIIII, die again, and again I'm reborn"). Which can be embarrassing when the top is down on the convertible.

Obviously we can't really judge until we hear a better quality recording, but I think it has potential. Not sure if it's that similar to ABOY, and I hope it isn't as I think that is the last thind U2 (and my ears)need!! :wink:

Does anyone else think the new album is going to be in kind of the vein of Gone, The Fly, LNOE, HMTMKM basically the 90's rockers? After hearing the new song and what new stuff they are rehearsing I think its possible.

no clue what the new album will be, but i have a feeling we'll get a couple of these rockers for the live debut, and then there'll be some slower ones that they won't play live until after the album is out.

i'll reserve my judgement until i hear a proper recording of the song. for the most part just sounds a bit throwaway. They really seem to like their 3 minute rock songs as of late.

Chorus sounds like Gary Glitter. And if Bono is singing 'You! Are! A rock 'n' roll superstar!' like I think he is, well, that's a whole lotta cock-rock cheese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom