New Mp3 in Australian Radio Promo for Vertigo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: nova 100 f*cked up

tommyben said:
hey guys

hate to disappoint am a club nova 100 member and just got an email from them

'ok so we've stuffed up. we've been telling you we'll have the new u2 song tomorrow at 8.30am, however we're still working on a commodore 64 so its taking a while to download so we wont have it now until 8.30 friday morning'

my bet is word got out and they've been told not to play it.

While I was initially skeptical that they would play it, the fact they have now played clips of it leads me to be skeptical of this post. A newbie, only registered today, who has only made ONE post? Hmm. I'm suspicious.

What's more, the station wouldn't have announced it if they weren't serious, and they would have been aware of the repercussions. They especially would not have played a clip! In any case, this is an AUSTRALIAN radio station. If anyone's not going to give a shit about some authority, it'll be an Australian station.

I say they'll play it anyway.

Axver; good going. I'm listening anyways myself.

Either way an mp3 is bound to start flowing everywhere.

I'll definitely tune in myself. Any Melbournians want to call up Nova and ask them what's happening?

Guys I just rang melbourne and spoke to a very chipper young man who said sorry, we had to change it there will be no vertigo tomorrow, please tune in friday.

sorry guys!

how many times did they play this clip\ad for Vertigo to be played tomorrow? Are they still playing it?! If they are, obviously they intend to play it and didnt fuck up

he said they were playing this thursday ad this morning but they have now had to change it and are playing one for friday's clip.

no vertigo for 48 hours.

:sigh:

Oregoropa said:
Is the chimey sound right before the clip part of the song ? Sounds like it could be some cool-sounding guitar harmonics.

I think it's just part of the radio station's sound effects for the clip. You can hear a similar sound before the song portion begins.

"hello hello, i'm in love with 5 seconds of vertigo
were supposed to hire it toooommmrow
radio man got us exited again
now the exitement builds again
for friday when we hear vertigo
without the spanish guy talking
over the song called vertigo"

At long long last, a little clip, just to get me through to tomorrow with Dave Fanning, it sounds the so fuckin' good to hear from them again, Bono sounds great, it has a kinda cool Beatles vibe with the way he sings 'Hello Hello', Edge sounds great man. Man, I am soooo pumped about hearing the full thing now!

AussieU2fanman said:
nah I definately think that sounds like part of the song, it ties in perfectly

Oops, you're right. I read the initial post wrong, and thought they were referring to the chime sound _after_ the clip. My bad :)

anyone reckon that the lyrics should be changed to :
'Hello Hello, You're in a state of Vertigo..... '
I reckon this sounds better than whatever Bono sings:
'Hello Hello, You're in a place called Vertigo.....'

Last edited:
Well, it sounds fucking awesome.

...and it sounds like someone at Nova got a Universal sized smack on the wrist...

Ok, on that clip, I think it's 3 different parts of the song that Nova mixed around for their promo clip. For a couple of seconds before Bono's "Hello, Hello" there's just the drums. I'd bet that's the opening of the song. Then Nova cut to Bono's chorus later in the song, then it cuts again and the DJ starts talking while there's a sample of Edge's guitar behind him. I'd bet that part (Edges guitar while the DJ is talking) actually just comes after Larrys drumming at the beginning. Great way for the song to kick in.

MMM used to be really good with premature leaks. If they've mixed the clip like you reckon Earnie, why cant they just 'have an accidental playing'. They must have the full song or at least part of it to remix it for an ad promo like this.

Sounds great. And different, harder than those Spanish clips.

I've had this thing on repeat, I didn't think I could listen to 10secs on repeat, but it just sounds so great to have the guys back and sounding so plugged in. Can't wait 'til tomorrow, bring it on Dave Flanning.

AussieU2fanman said:
anyone reckon that the lyrics should be changed to :
'Hello Hello, You're in a state of Vertigo..... '
I reckon this sounds better than whatever Bono sings:
'Hello Hello, You're in a place called Vertigo.....'

or even
"Hello Hello, a little place called Vertigo"

but i like it the way it is!.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom