New Mp3 in Australian Radio Promo for Vertigo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2dork said:
14 hour difference to EST...?
4am EST
9am GMT

*wait, how many time zones does Australia have?

Ummm......lol.

A few?

When it's not daylight savings, melbourne syd and bris are on the same time. adelaide is 2 hours behind or something and perth 3 or 5 or something, maybe a month behind....I only live here, I should know this :lol:

Well, fortunately, the station's website has the current time listed. It is 14 hours ahead of where I'm at in the EST. So yeah,
4am EST
9am GMT

DaveC said:
I've listened to it and something troubles me...

what's with the "yeaaahhhh!" sound between "hello hello" "i'm at a place called vertigo"?

That sounds really bad and, quite frankly, dumb. And it might turn some folks off. :|

Who knows what mix they're playing. We might get something else?

Last edited:
artdirector said:
I must be out of my mind but I spent the last 45 minutes reediting Vertigo with the beach sample to see how it all fits and well if you want to hear it go to:

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/HTDAAB/

Remember its rough but maybe it will hold us over until Friday.

its file: vertigo_roughsample.mp3

I can't find it on the site. Can you help me out here please?

Nevermind...I found it. I'm a dork.

artdirector said:
Go to "files" and there it is.

I click on the file and it says "I'm not authorized to view the page." I have joined the yahoo group though and am signed in, so I don't get it.

Sent. Its rough remember but its just a little fun to tide us over. Maybe we can suggest how to cut it so we can get a better feel for the song.

just a thought.:huh:

Angela Harlem said:

When it's not daylight savings, melbourne syd and bris are on the same time. adelaide is 2 hours behind or something and perth 3 or 5 or something, maybe a month behind....

:lol:

Perth is currently 2 hours (and 3 months) behind Sydney and Melbourne.

DaveC said:
I've listened to it and something troubles me...

what's with the "yeaaahhhh!" sound between "hello hello" "i'm at a place called vertigo"?

That sounds really bad and, quite frankly, dumb. And it might turn some folks off. :|

That's strange. I downloaded the clip at work yesterday, and heard that "yeeeeaaaah" and thought the same (the only bit I didn't like). Then I got home, downloaded it out of the Yahoo Group, played it through proper stereo speakers, couldn't hear it and just assumed it was my standard crappy computer speakers playing a trick on me. Now I'm back at work, download it again and I can hear it again. I don't like that bit either, but seeing as I can only hear it on my computer speakers I hope it's just that they somehow pull it forward, if that makes sense, and that it's just part of the background noise with proper sound.

Angela Harlem said:

Ummm......lol.

A few?

When it's not daylight savings, melbourne syd and bris are on the same time. adelaide is 2 hours behind or something and perth 3 or 5 or something, maybe a month behind....I only live here, I should know this :lol:

I figure I might as well clarify, even if someone else already has ...

If there is no daylight saving anywhere in Australia, when it is 9:00am in Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, it is 8:30am in Adelaide and 7:00am in Perth. (And 11:00am over the Tasman Sea in New Zealand)

Now when some states go to daylight savings and some don't, that's when it gets really fun.

who knows if the "Yeah" was even added by the station as part of the promo, ala the fireworks going off when it first starts.

anyway, whats the t-minus till its played? all i know is its practically midnight of sept 23 here.

I almost like the spanish clip more than this one, because it sounded like Bono was really pushing his voice and putting some strength into it.

The new clip makes Bono's vocals sound.....compressed.

Maybe this is the radio version of the song??

I also like the spanish clip a bit even though its distorting.

I guess it's possible there's a slightly different radio version.
I'm also sure that the Nova clip is just the song getting warm, not the explosion we get on the beach clip.

24hrs or so and we'll know.

Michael Griffiths said:

That part at the beginning (before the 'Mysterious Ways' part) is actually the riff from 'Beautiful Day'. I'm surprised no one else has mentioned this yet.
Which mix of Beautiful Day is it from exactly?

This clip sounds absolutely incredible and has greatly exceeded my expectations!
Edge sounds unbelievable!

Phalanx said:
I almost like the spanish clip more than this one, because it sounded like Bono was really pushing his voice and putting some strength into it.

The new clip makes Bono's vocals sound.....compressed.

Good grief!!!

Radio always compresses the tunes they play big time.

I think it sounds great!

If you like how it sounds on the spanish clips, you can make you own. Just play the new CD loud from your home and go out side and tape record it. Then you will have the mix that you like. LOL!!!

TheFirstBigW said:

Which mix of Beautiful Day is it from exactly?

if i heard it right, i believe it's from the quincey & sonance remix from the "7" disc.

and for my money, i love vertigo! even if i only have heard five seconds of it:wink: , definitely made my day today!

mobonofo said:
If you like how it sounds on the spanish clips, you can make you own. Just play the new CD loud from your home and go out side and tape record it. Then you will have the mix that you like. LOL!!!

I live near the beach. I could take the new CD down the beach and rerecord it. :hyper:

My husband can even speak Spanish :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom