New JT Merch on U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chrisedge

Fan & Taper
They put up more lithos and merchandise from The Joshua Tree and while I missed out on the "cover" of the JT from the original lithos, I'm now happy because they have released the full widescreen cover version. Sprang for it this morning using my 25% off coupon...

U2T42566.jpg

Now I need to frame it...

These have been available for about week now. I don't know how long they'll last, but I'm certain they'll go pretty damn fast. I went with Zabriskie Point ...or what is now known as U2 goes to Mordor. :wink:

I received an email about the stuff on Wednesday.
The lithos look great :drool: I don't think I can afford one, nor could I figure out which one to pick! Then there's the expense of framing it. I wonder where my coupon is :shifty: :hmm:

Yeah I got the email and have my coupon. Just no money to cover something like the litho and don't need another t-shirt. I DO :heart: the JT era tho, it's my all time favorite.

kennerado said:
I got the back cover in front of the tree one. I also got one of the shirts. Now I need to find ANOTHER frame. I have the U218 one still in the cardboard waiting for a frame.

That's the one I got too. Had to have the tree in there. How big are they? I didn't even pay attention when I ordered :reject: I hope I have somewhere to put it... also, does anyone have good framing advice for these? I've never had one before.

Mine too! :)

er... :uhoh: any suggestions on how to remove it from the shipping tube? Like posters do, it's wedged in there pretty tight... I tried to grab the edge gently but it won't budge... I don't want to mess up the edge....

That worked! Thanks! :drool: gorgeous!

Just out of curiosity... what number did you get on your Zabriskie Point? I got 190/500 on my back cover.

joshuatreelithographbackcover.jpg

it's here , it's here , and it's huge and beautiful !
I've never had a lithograph before so as I was taking it out of the tube I though , wait are those scan lines :giggle: a pleban moment .

I got the cover , number 166 .

Roland of Gilead said:

Yeah, either I just made it or the pile was in reverse order once numbered. No idea. All I know is that I got a piece of the pie! :drool:

Yeah that's what I was thinking too... maybe they are even just pulled out randomly... I don't know if there's an official system to numbered lithographs :hmm:

It looks like all 4 are still available to buy so it's possibly a random system.

this is so large I'm going to have to rethink where to hang it . :huh:

and framing this on acid free paper is gonna cost more than the lithograph itself .

bonocomet said:

Yeah that's what I was thinking too... maybe they are even just pulled out randomly... I don't know if there's an official system to numbered lithographs :hmm:

It looks like all 4 are still available to buy so it's possibly a random system.

I think with numbered they start selling from 1 up , because the lower the number the better .

I got my JT shirt today.

1) They sent me the wrong size

2) It's not American Apparel like they used to be...it's Murina, the heavyweight material they used on the Elevation Tour shirts

u2trinity said:

I think with numbered they start selling from 1 up , because the lower the number the better .

Well that would have been my first guess too, but with Roland getting #484, it seems hard to believe that with only 16 left they would still be available... but I suppose it's not impossible. :hmm:

I received my back cover lithograph a few days ago. Mine's #273. I'm now on a mission to get it framed. It looks like the cost of getting it framed will be over double what I paid for the lithograph. I took it yesterday to a place nearby called Hall of Frames. They quoted around $250 to get a black wood frame with good-quality glass. The price of the frame jumps to over $400 if I want the lithograph matted due to the size of the frame I'd need. Umm, no thanks. The lithograph would look nice against a matted background, but it's already large enough on its own. And I don't have that kind of money to spend on a frame.

U2ITNOL said:
I received my back cover lithograph a few days ago. Mine's #273. I'm now on a mission to get it framed. It looks like the cost of getting it framed will be over double what I paid for the lithograph. I took it yesterday to a place nearby called Hall of Frames. They quoted around $250 to get a black wood frame with good-quality glass. The price of the frame jumps to over $400 if I want the lithograph matted due to the size of the frame I'd need. Umm, no thanks. The lithograph would look nice against a matted background, but it's already large enough on its own. And I don't have that kind of money to spend on a frame.

I was pretty sure the price of framing would be expensive , I almost wish the lithograph was smaller .
was the quote for acid free paper ? also do you know what they do with that number thing ? is it put on the back ?

Back
Top Bottom