new garbage cd blows goats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hcmiller

The Fly
don't get me wrong, i've always been a fan... i've seen them live twice and have really enjoyed their other cds... however, i can't figure out what in the hell butch and the gang were thinking... this cd completely sucks... of course this is just my opinion and you may disagree, but you'd be wrong

------------------
It costs a fortune to look this trashy.

Excuse me... but I don't agree.

I've been listening to this album for more than a month now, and simply find it amazing and inline with what Garbage produces - new and different sounds that really seem to kick ass and stray from the normal rock we tend to hear from many other bands.

Garbage is anything BUT garbage.

besides... SHIRLEY ROCKS!
wink.gif

------------------
-Elvis
http://interference.com

In my book-Ms Manson can do no wrong..
That red hair.
Those pouty lips.
That confident presence..
Even if the album were sub-par their clout carries em.

Db9

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An open letter to Bono from myself www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

I agree with you, hcmiller. Their new album is disappointing; it has lost its edge. I especially don't like how they tweaked Shirley's voice to be sweeter and higher sounding. Her voice, to me, was a large part of the Garbage sound and attitude. Now, it's just honey and sweetcakes. Check out Androgyny, too; sounds like it came straight out of an Aaliyah or even Mariah Carey album. There are one or two songs in there that are worthwhile, though, to be fair.

foray

funny, I was going to post a topic saying just the opposite. I love the album. It's different from their last album, but I think, as Elvis said, it stays in line with what Garbage produces.

It struck me as being like a U2 album. It didn't grab me the first time. I sat in my car listening to it the first time, and asked myself what the hell I had just bought. Give it a couple of spins and it will grow on you.

BTW, anyone see garbage performing on Leno last night. I only caught the last half of it, but damn, I thought it was great. But I'm not exactly enamoured with Shirley's hair, but oh well, I'll live.

------------------
I can't change the world, but I can change the world in me.

I think the production, the writing, and the whole album is much, much, more consistent than the first two. I don't think they'll ever top the debut, but this album, while a departure, at least shows that they won't rest on their laurels. The album seems almost a concept album at times, and a very good one.

I'm a bit torn on what I think about the new Garbage album. I like the new songs a lot, but what the hell did they do to Shirley's voice?? Most of the tracks sound like they could be sung by any sweet-voiced girl you get in droves on the radio, and there are just occasional moments of that distinct Shirleyness popping in from time to time. She still rocks, though.

Version 2.0 is their best album IMO. The new album is good, but not as good as the last two. It has a great new style for them but shirley manson doesn't really use her voice to her capabilities as someone else here mentioned. She still sounds great but we know she can do so much more.

Originally posted by baker6621:
Whats their best song? Like their 5 best songs? I want to get them so I know what I'm hearing when they open!!

I'll list their "big songs"

From Garbage:
Queer
Only Happy When It Rains
Vow
Stupid Girl
Supervixen

From Version 2.0:
Special
Push It
I Think I'm Paranoid
When I Grow Up
The Trick is to Keep Breathing

(My favorites songs from) BeautifulGarbage:
Androgyny
Can't Cry These Tears
Silence is Golden
Cherry Lips(Go Baby Go)
Shut Your Mouth

Also, check out #1 Crush

I guess that's more than 5
smile.gif

Oh well, they're all great.

When I first heard the album, my response was generally lukewarm... now I really like it though!

My favourite songs from the new album are: shut your mouth, til the day that i die, parade, cherry lips, and nobody loves you.. i also dig untouchable, so like a rose, androgyny and cup of coffee.. the rest i like but are not gaga over.

I have Version 2.0 and it rocks! I'm not sure about the new song though. If I were to buy another album of theirs now, should I get their first album or the new one first?

Back
Top Bottom