New Eze Clips DISCUSSION thread only

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GirlsAloudFan

Blue Crack Addict
*edited by Sicy*

No requests in this thread! Discussion only!

Request songs here:

http://forum.interference.com/f196/larrymullenfans-eze-clips-request-thread-no-links-188735.html

Ok since the other thread is getting mostly requests, lets use this thread to discuss the clips/songs and we'll leave the other thread for requests.

If I have time I will go through the other thread and move the discussions to this thread.

*edited by Sicy*

-------------------------

Listening to the first one now.

Sounds like a ballad. Sounds hot.

Bono is singing "Oh oh oh oh"...

:drool:

I like it. A lot. I hear strings.

STRINGS people. Oh shit and the Edge just came in with a solo. This is a big one.

:drool::drool::drool:

Last edited:
70%....then straight to ipod for analysis

Extra credits if you translate what I say on the recordings ;)

Anywayz, there's 4 songs:

song1: no comment. I haven't heared it before. Nice solo indeed at the end.

song2: probaly the song that was referred to as acrobat-alike, since it's in
the same measure (12/8) and has some nice guitar work in it. That's where the resemblemse stops if you ask me.

song3: has the U2.com guitar rif. Might be the first single?

song4: I called it "only love" since that's what I hear in the chorus. Worst quality, since I had to move away from the house a bit as I was being watched by some security guard on the beach.

Bono spitting a verse...fast and with a diffrent style of phrasing. Edge in the background with more "ooooohs and aaaahhhs"

Bono hitting falsetto :drool:

And now another quick little solo by The Edge.

Now onto the third song.

Oh, another deep and heavy riff from The Edge.

Loving the riff on this one. And then another solo. Edge seems to be soloing his drunk Irish ass off in these clips!!!

Is the quality okay? The Edge solo stuff sounds very cool. Plus Bono falsetto :drool:

Thanks for the link, I'm downloading it now and cannot wait to listen.
This is getting exciting, finally someone who has actually recorded what he heard.

the quality is very reminiscent of the now-legendary HTDAAB beach clips.

first song is what we've called "No Line on the Horizon" and 2nd is the purported "Walk Out Into the Streets"...that's as far as I've gotten

How do you know this?

Pesonally, I think that first one sounded the most promising. Sounded like heaven.

No Line on the Horizon

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

I may be mistaken, but I believe this is the one from the Lanois video that we've heard various clips from over the past few months.

song 1 - amazing "ballad", great solo from edge in the end, there's no U2 song I could compare this one to :hyper:

song 2 - is the one we already had - "walk out in to the streets" or something, sounds great, again great solo and really great ending :hyper:

song 3 - ROCK SONG, and I mean The Fly kind of rock song :hyper: great chorus, nothing like elevation or vertigo... alittle maroocan-ish (sp?)

song 4 - all I can say - great song, great mellody, this could be the song Brian Eno described as their best ever... if not than I'm just more and more :hyper: for this album

Is the quality okay? The Edge solo stuff sounds very cool. Plus Bono falsetto :drool:

Thanks for the link, I'm downloading it now and cannot wait to listen.
This is getting exciting, finally someone who has actually recorded what he heard.
Thanks. Well, looking back, I whish I'd kept my mouth shut while recording. But it was a bit ackward just standing there with a couple of people, all listening to the songs and being watched by security guards and Bono himself.

He was really swinging during the 4th song (only love). It's my favourite of the four.

Nice work with the recordings, LMF, and thanks for uploading them. :up:

This certainly hasn't harmed my cautious optimism about the album. Now I just hope the lyrics don't turn out to be clunkers, since I can't make out much on these clips.

I just got chills listening to the 4th track and I can't even hardly hear anything. Don't know what that means.

4th track instrumental bridge/break kinda sounds like the Heartland outro (starting around 2:54)...at least in "tone"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom