New Eze Clips DISCUSSION thread only

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Track #4 actually sounds a lot like Walk On to me, but less cheesy, and with much better vocals.

Funny, I was comparing it to recent "hit" ballad songs from U2 also...thinking specifically of Stuck, Walk on, and Sometimes. And it somehow sounds more moving and authentic while also infinitely less cheesy than any of those. And I actually like those 3 songs. But this one tops them all I think. And it seems to have that intangible that those 3 lack: "atmosphere".

I would love it if they released Only Love as the first single....it would be so refreshing to hear the dj "new song by U2 called Only love...what a great ballad...and here it is"....instead of an ipod commercial gimmicky sexy boots ..a la Vertigo 2008. I have a feeling im going to be really annoyed by sexy boots.

just remember that everybody said Miracle Drug was the greatest thing since sliced bread in 2004 based on clips :wink:

but, that said, these do seem more substantial than those clips from 04. Actual full, or close to it, songs here, and better quality than 2004. They all sound great to me. i think Walk Out Into The Streets is my favorite so far. Really eager to hear these all- and I think Sexy Boots (lol) or whatever its called will end up being a good song- just need to hear the full production etc. Its got a cool groove to it though.

looking way more forward to this album than I was before, and I already was up to the gills in anticipation. looking forward to a press release with details soon :up:

I have to say, the intro to Song2 (Walk out into the Streets/Sea) just made my jaw drop in awe, the way Bono's voice differs in timing from the backing vocal...:hyper:

Nice.

I think clip #1 may be No Line on the Horizon? It's from one of the Fez clips from last year, and I think somebody here somehow connected that to being No Line. Will be interesting to see if that is true- sounds great either way.

I think #2 and 4 are my favorites so far though, not to say that I don't like what I hear in 1 or 3 - at the moment, they sound good, but I just really like 2 and 4. a lot.

OMG hahahaha...Ok I just read the entire thread and now I'm up to date, now I can actually listen to these damn things! First off, thanks to LarryFan for recording these and sharing...I'm very grateful :)

Ok, time to listen! :)

Track 1 (No Line On The Horizon) 4.5/5
Track 2 (Walk Out Into The Streets) 4/5
Track 3 (Sexy Boots) 4/5
Track 4 (One Love) 4.5/5

Had the chorus of Track #1 in my mind at work today, but the song I could'nt wait to get home to was Track #4 :love:

listening to the first clip right now...so looks like the work back in 2006 in Fez made it onto the album?

402 better make the album...it's a brilliant song, also I reeeeally want to hear Mercy live so I wouldn't mind that making the album :shrug:

First of all, thanks alot to LarryMullenFan. You have done a great job!

In 2004 when the clips from HTDAAB where leaked there where only one song I thought was realy intressting, Vertigo.
All of these new clips is very intressting and amazing, when Bono said that HTDAAB was a rock album he was a bit wrong. But these songs would definitly fit in that catogory.
The songs seems to fit to each other, just like the songs on UF,JT and AB. The songs are just made for work well live.

1. Track 1
When I first saw the clip from the Daniel Lanois movie, when Bono stands with Eno and one or two more men and sing woh oh oh woh oh, I was impressed by that chours. That chours has been in my head ever since and when I heard that one now, well wow! This song is going to be amazing live when the crowd sing woh oh.

2.This song has been in antoher clip, I realy like the synth sound. Bono's voice is amazing, I think there is a B note in the song by Bono.

3.This song has a very dirty feel, fast. This may also be amazing live, amazingh song.

4. Great vocals by Bono, it is more slow in the sound. Another amazing song.

Well are this album going to be better then AB, well I can only answer on that in about two years. Might be better then JT, but I think the new one will be just after AB or just as good as AB if it will be as good as I hope it will be.
The band seems to have used alot of energy to make this record different from the last two albums. Bono's voice is in topform, Adams bass play is great, the same with Larry and Edge solos is longer.

I think its obvious out of these clips "Sexy boots" is the definite first single...it kind of reminds me of the B-52's meshed with something else for some reason :reject:

I have such high hopes for this album.

Same here. If all of these songs are going to be on it, we'll at least have SOMETHING to grab onto, even if everything else is terrible. Seriously, I'd put all of these tracks up there with the best of ATYCLB and Bomb.

Same here. If all of these songs are going to be on it, we'll at least have SOMETHING to grab onto, even if everything else is terrible. Seriously, I'd put all of these tracks up there with the best of ATYCLB and Bomb.

easy killer. lets hear the songs in full first, but i do have to say they all sound very very promising :up:

listening to the first clip right now...so looks like the work back in 2006 in Fez made it onto the album?

402 better make the album...it's a brilliant song, also I reeeeally want to hear Mercy live so I wouldn't mind that making the album :shrug:

wait, so the first clip resembles a 2006 clip? still at work......

easy killer. lets hear the songs in full first, but i do have to say they all sound very very promising :up:

Personally, the thing I'm interested in is the production. We can trust that Eno/Lanois know what they're doing, but...production can be make or break. While some here still wouldn't be satisfied with HTDAAB even if it sounded amazing to the ear, that was a big reason for many of the complaints.

So, for me, all I need to know is whether or not these songs have been given all of the trimmings, or just a few to make them more attractive.

wait, so the first clip resembles a 2006 clip? still at work......

no, it resembles the Fez clip from the Lanois footage I believe. The video where you see U2 in fez in their little setup with Eno and Lanois working on a chorus going Oh oh oh oh. Doesn't sound like an 06 beach clip. I think the Fez stuff is 2007 anyway.

Track 1 (No Line On The Horizon) 4.5/5
Track 2 (Walk Out Into The Streets) 4/5
Track 3 (Sexy Boots) 3/5
Track 4 (One Love) 10!!/5 :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Personally, the thing I'm interested in is the production. We can trust that Eno/Lanois know what they're doing, but...production can be make or break. While some here still wouldn't be satisfied with HTDAAB even if it sounded amazing to the ear, that was a big reason for many of the complaints.

So, for me, all I need to know is whether or not these songs have been given all of the trimmings, or just a few to make them more attractive.

i'm totally the opposite. production doesn't make or break it for me. if the song is good- awesome. if the production is great, doubly awesome. if it sucks, well, there will be live versions of it to listen to.

That said, I hope the production IS awesome. wouldn't want it any other way.

no, it resembles the Fez clip from the Lanois footage I believe. The video where you see U2 in fez in their little setup with Eno and Lanois working on a chorus going Oh oh oh oh. Doesn't sound like an 06 beach clip. I think the Fez stuff is 2007 anyway.

ahh.....ok! i've been really looking forward to that chorus. SWEET!

45 more minutes. :wink::huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom