New Concert Dates - Questions for the experts!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coyote

Babyface
It's been a while since I've checked in with you guys! U2 has just announced it's Phoenix concert date, and although I'm 7 mos. pregnant, I HAVE to see them again this tour! However, in order to convince my husband to let me brave the madness in my 'delicate condition', I need some tour updates from those of you that have been attending this 3rd leg.

*Are the arena venues handling the 'heart' issue better than in leg 1 (i.e. have there been issues of people waiting all day & not getting in due to security blunders?)
*Are they letting the same number of people on the floor & in the heart as leg 1?
*Are they having a ticket presale this time around for U2.com members?

Thanks so much for the input. I am so excited to see them again!

[This message has been edited by coyote (edited 11-07-2001).]

I'm sorry I had to break my policy of only new media realted posts on the forum

YOU ARE INSANE IF YOU ARE EVEN THINKING ABOUT THE FLOOR.

Why ARUN V? I think you should Shut up!

------------------
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, live like there is no tomorrow, dance like no one is watching." --Bono

"The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud. At high VOLUME".

U2 fans have been pretty good with the GA thing.

But there is no way in hell you should take your baby onto the floor. Too much bumping and pushing, and too unpredictable. Do not even think about it - just buy seats if you want to go to the show. You really would be taking a major risk going GA while pregnant.

Anyways, to answer your questions:

1). No. At MSG and NJ the situation was horrible since there is no one official. It's done by a fan, and the arena can open all gates at once when no one else knows.

2). Yes-maybe even a few more I've noticed.

3). Doubt it. If they do, don't worry, those pre-sales really, I mean REALLY suck.

Good luck with your U2 baby!

The best thing of course is just to linger at the back of the heart. I've seen handicapped people and other people with disabilites around some area, even pregnant. If your cautios, you will be fine..

Originally posted by baker6621:
Why ARUN V? I think you should Shut up!

I should shut up?...Baker are you pulling my devils advocate routine on me?

Arun V, I disagree. I had friends on the floor during Phoenix's last concert in April (some were inside, some outside the heart) and they had a blast. I was in the lower level reserved seats, and it didn't seem like that many people were outside the heart... I can handle standing & the crowds- We were just downtown Phoenix last weekend celebrating the World Series Championship...talk about crowds!!
smile.gif

However, I'm not totally set on the floor - IF I can get good golden circle seats! (and my husband would be MUCH happier if I go this option, even though it will cost him a lot more money!)

[This message has been edited by coyote (edited 11-07-2001).]

Hi Coyote!

wow, 7 months pregnant! that's impressive! congratulations, and good luck!
smile.gif

my advice would be to get Golden Cirlce tickets, as opposed to GA. i know you'll miss out on the heart, but it really will be much safer for you and the baby. although security has been pretty good at most of the shows, there have been some major problems (see NJ 10/28 show). and people still tend to run to get into the heart, and push and shove once they're inside. plus, there are always a couple of really drunk people causing trouble. and quite often someone passes out during the show, and has to be lifted out of the heart. i know it sounds awful from my description- it really isn't that bad! however, i think someone in your condition should DEFINITELY NOT go on the floor. Get a reserved GC ticket- the view is awesome, and you're just as close to the band.

Plus, if it makes you feel any better, Bono pulled a pregnant woman onstage at the Montreal show- and she was sitting in the Golden Circle!! so you don't have to be in the Heart in order to get Bono contact, if that's what you're after.

Good luck, and *please* take my advice and skip the heart!
smile.gif

Originally posted by coyote:

However, I'm not totally set on the floor - IF I can get good golden circle seats!

I do know someone who was 4 months pregnant who went to the Buffalo show on the first leg. She didn't even consider the floor an option. I really hope you get the GC's. Cos GA just does not seem wise.

Addiction is OK as long as it doesn't cause you to endanger yourself, your loved ones, or your relationships. It's hard to decide what to do when it's very unlikely something will happen, but the consequences could be grave. Not to be a party-pooper, but it doesn't take much trauma to hurt a 7-month fetus. GA is fun, but it's just not worth that kind of risk. So even if you can't get great Gold Circles, just get bad $85 or $45 non-GA seats and you'll never have any regrets - the show will still be great and your baby will be 100% (or as close as one can get) safe.

Arun V, I disagree. I had friends on the floor during Phoenix's last concert in April (some were inside, some outside the heart) and they had a blast. I can handle standing & the crowds- We were just downtown Phoenix last weekend celebrating the World Series Championship...talk about crowds!!
smile.gif

B]

1.) were your friends 7 months pregnant?
2.) As for celebrating downtown, you've done one stupid thing during your pregnancy..do you want to make it 2?

Yes I agree that it would probably be safe, but you never know! Weren't we standing close to each other at the outside tip on the first Phoenix show? It was pretty crazy at times, and I had been lined up since 11:00 am that day #120 something and they opened all the doors at once and it was a mad rush and I missed getting in the heart by about 4 people! So just because you get a GA ticket does not guarantee entry to the heart, you are at the mercy of the venue!
Go for GC! or even the $85 tix that are close to the stage would be good.
smile.gif

Coyote,

Ok I have to totally agree with Arun. I mean have you ever been pregnant before????? If so, then come on, you want to be on the floor???? In the heart? Think about standing for hours on end on your feet to get into the venue, then standing for hours before the guys even come out, then standing all through the concert. That can not be good for you or the baby. And all those people who could knock into you...I've never been pregnant but I work in the medical field and I know Arun has a really big background in the medical field. Please take our advice as well as Ally's, take a seat and skip the heart. At least you're going to the show again, right? And you and your child are way more important than getting that close to the band. Lets all remember.....the band is only 4 guys---4 humans they all bleed the same color blood we do. They've even said themselves, that they aren't going anywhere any time soon and they are going to work on another album.
So for now, just skip the heart again and take a seat, and get the heart the next time they come through.

Kristen

Hey coyote - I've been 7 mo pregnant a couple of times so I speak from a bit of experience here!
smile.gif

I think GA would be fine, but I would certainly pass on the all day in line thing (not enough access to food and bathroom, especially bathroom, and sitting / standing on the concrete is not the best way to pass a 7 mo pregnant day). And if you can't get into the heart, I would say the pushing / jumping / nuttines of the GA press would be a bit much up near the stage.

However, I walked straight into the last Philly show with GA tickets about 5 minutes before U2 started, and got a spot right next to the mix desk. I had tons of room all around me - never got bumped or shoved once. In fact, I had more room for this show than I had for the show I actually had seats for. Of course, you don't have an actual seat, but I doubt you would be able to use that seat anyway once U2 took the stage.

You know how you feel - some people at this stage of pregnancy feel great and have a lot of energy - if you think you can stand for a couple of hours then I say go for it. Just don't try to get in the press. You and baby are much more important than a roll with Bono.
wink.gif

Peace, and good luck!
smile.gif

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Actually, if my wife was 7 months pregnant, there's no way I'd want her to risk it. Be careful if you do decide to go.

U2 is great, but I'd draw the line here.

Wow, harsh words from some fellow U2 fans here. This is my second pregnancy (for those of you questioning my judgement or knowledge of fetal safety) and I've had (up to now) two totally textbook, healthy pregnancies. I also work in the healthcare field. I also do step aerobics 4 x a week - with the enthusiastic support of my doctor (who's been in practice 25 years). I do have a lot of energy, I feel great, and the last thing I want to do is lay on my couch for 9 months with my feet up. However, I am also aware of the responsibilities & risks involved in carrying an unborn child (again, for those of you questioning that.)

I just wanted an opinion about the GA lines -before making my final decision on what tix to buy for my husband & I and two friends. It's not like I planned an overnight campout to get on the rail inside the heart in the middle of a bunch of drunk teenagers.
wink.gif

Thank you for your informed & *kind* inputs: sv, baker6621, Ally, EPandAmerica, & CRZY4Bono. That is the feedback I was looking for.

As for the others (particularly wireman - sheesh, can you be any more insulting to someone you don't even know?!) -DON'T BE SO QUICK TO VILIFY & JUDGE PEOPLE!

BTW, perhaps I should have mentioned that I am also getting this information for 2 friends of mine (that are not pregnant) but are wanting PHX GA tickets.

Can we play a little more nice in here?

wireman wasa bit harsh, and I'm not judging you..I do feel very strongly about it for both you and the safety of your child. You do not want to take chances at this point. I really hope you get your GC's. And chances are things will work out fine no matter what, but I'd rather not take a chance if I were you.

Listen to your husband.

[This message has been edited by Arun V (edited 11-07-2001).]

And is this a little boy coyote or a little girl coyot-ette we are trying to protect here?

I just wanted an opinion about the GA lines -before making my final decision on what tix to buy for my husband & I and two friends. It's not like I planned an overnight campout to get on the rail inside the heart in the middle of a bunch of drunk teenagers.
wink.gif

Coyote, I don't want to tell you one way or the other, but I will say I did GA in Hartford on the first leg and Providence on the third leg, and it was WAY more brutal the second time. I don't know what happened to this crowd in 6 months' time, but it was hostile and ugly outside the heart -- did anyone else find this? I was astounded. I was in the same spot both times, and walked away looking like I'd spent the night in a POW camp the second time! Just be careful, whatever you decide to do.

Amy

I'm just bewildered why anyone would even take the chance, no matter how unlikely it is that anything would go wrong. There is just no reason whatsoever to risk anything because of something so utterly trivial by comparison.

Crzy4Bono, most of us are not worried about coyote "breaking", it's the BABY. It just doesn't take much to permanently damage a BABY. The blows I have taken during my few GA shows were no big deal to me, but they were definitely enough to inflict significant damage on a little baby.

OMFG! - You'll prolly have to drive in a CAR to the concert... those things CRASH y'know...

and what happens if terrorists release anthrax that night... your unborn child would die. You irresponsible bitch. And what if you slip on the stairs walking into the arena. Dumb HO, you'll kill the poor unfortunately soul, with the braindead mother. and yeah, you're probably gunna have a soda with all that caffeine in it... murderer... someone lock this woman up, and remove her child from her custody... please!!!!!!

You're all a bunch of fucking idiots.

(Have fun coyote. Your lil bubs will pop out singing "Beautiful Day"
smile.gif
)

------------------
I'll tell you a story about Johnny McGory.
Shall I being it? Well, that's all that's in it

Coyote: Do what you want. If you want the ultimate experience, go to the heart. if you want a great experience but want to be safer get GC's. Good luck and I'm sorry for the bad responses you got. U2 rules.

ARUN: Peace.

As harsh as it may seem...it's the truth. I have co-workers here that are laughing at you. At even the thought of it. And Arun V..I had respect for you on this thread till you went soft. I dont' understand why I'm out of line .It seems to me that Common sense dictates that you get seats, unless you want to be in the back in which case you'll wish you had seats. You wanted advice...I gave it to you!

[This message has been edited by wireman (edited 11-07-2001).]

[This message has been edited by wireman (edited 11-07-2001).]

Guys are so funny.
They think you are going to break when you are pregnant.
rolleyes.gif

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

I would be really careful about the floor hon. There were a lot of people smoking on the floor and not just cigarettes. When I had seats the ushers made sure no one lit up. But hey, it's really up to you! I'd wonder about the sound too. I'm only 23 and my ears rang for 3 days after the show when I had GA's!
~Honey

------------------
The doors you open
I just can't close...

Back
Top Bottom