New Comments from Edge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ponkine said:
Edge words seem to say "we don't want to push hard, just record a bunch of songs and go on tour" :eyebrow:

is that any good? I don't think so

That's what Zooropa was.

But you always whine, so this is no surprise.

Glad to see everyone's posting their stereotypical responses. :happy:

i think they can record and record, and release and release.
some's bound to be crap.
zooropa was good, not stellar, had a lot of fodder, but shoot, if they're going to keep releasing... u2's fodder is better than the best anyone else comes out with.

I still think that this album will be out sooner rather than later. They havent gone to abbey road, brought in rick rubin, and made such a big fuss about it in the press and on their website if it was just to record some cover version. I still say what I have said all along, that the boys are a nit fed up with the "big tour then no new album for years" routine which they have got themselves into. Theyre not getting any younger and also they seem to be really enjoying making music together. I think and pray that they want to get something out there as soon as they can.
They have done this many times before and have produced great things, not just Zooropa. Plus, some of these songs theyre working on must have been around since the "bomb" sessions and have been worked on on and off over a long period.
I have every faith that the boys will bring a new album out in the spring at the latest. The mood seems right, released beach clips, press rumours, the fact that theyre actually recording!!, the fact that theyre recording with Rubin...I've been observing U2's patterns for over 20 years and i am convinced that a new album will be out in the new year and that some of the new tracks, possibly a new single(not the green day one) will be played down under.

One of these articles also said the band met Rubin back in France this summer, so it's not like they didn't do anything together until September.

I don't think the band will rehearse all of October for the tour, so will they bring someone new to produce? The way I read it Rubin won't be available after September.

Probably a lot will depend on how far along they will be when the tour starts. I still think they will push for a 2007 release.

OR they could go the way of the 4th leg and rehearse one day before the opening night. A "dress rehearsal", like the one that took place in Monterrey, Mexico.

People said "NO there is not a single out in September" and look what happened there, so...

GAGV said:
OR they could go the way of the 4th leg and rehearse one day before the opening night. A "dress rehearsal", like the one that took place in Monterrey, Mexico.

The difference being that there was only 1.5 months of downtime between the 3rd and 4th legs, compared to 9 months in this case.

as for a possible album release..It is more likely that with past albums being released that they will either release the new album in fall of 2007 or 2008. Even with Rubin in there I just don't see how we could get a new album in the spring of 07.. That's just way too soon for U2 not to mention the obvious, the 4th leg of the Vertigo tour this year.

U2Fanatic4ever said:
as for a possible album release..It is more likely that with past albums being released that they will either release the new album in fall of 2007 or 2008. Even with Rubin in there I just don't see how we could get a new album in the spring of 07.. That's just way too soon for U2 not to mention the obvious, the 4th leg of the Vertigo tour this year.

If they have 10 or hopefully 12 songs that theyre happy with then there is no reason why they cant do it, none at all. they have done it before. this is the greatest band in the world, they can do it if they want to, and I believe they want to.

How about a technical tour de force from the four of them for this album? Forget about all the other stuff ie new colours and new
sounds.Just drum rolls, guitar solos (2 mins if you want Mr The Edge:wink: ) lots of juciy bass stuff, melodies. harmonies, verses,
bridge and so on. Oh, and i aslo hope they get the production
right this time around ( Let me here Larry's drums ). OOTS great
bit of drumming by Larry in that song but the final mix for the drums in that song:( .

New sounds and colours cant wait until the next album:wink:

Well, i can dream out loud:drool: :mad: :(

jacobus said:
i hope for a quick rocking(!) rough one. maximum 3 takes of every song.

Hi mate :wave:

Here's an interesting point: usually when friends, DJ's, producers, etc think on a "rough" album it seems to be equally to a half worked, poorly done punk rock joke, playing overnight after a reunion drinks and all that :( with the singer singing like s*** and the band playing without a care in the world :scream:

But everytime I think on a "simple" sounding album, I can't help but thinking in The Police albums :drool:

Songs like Roxanne, Can't Stand Losing You, Message in A Bottle, etc, etc sound simple but .... DAMN GOOD :rockon: with such excelent vocal harmonies and of course, with a phenomenal presence of Sting's lead vocals :drool: and all those songs were more influential and relevant than anything U2 have done in the nougthies. And of course the quality of the songs shines and blow away anything from ATYCLB and HTDAAB ... and there're closer to "Punk Rock from Venus" than Vertigo, Elevation and all that cheesy MTV pap :yes:

U2girl said:
People said "NO there is not a single out in September" and look what happened there, so...

So there is a release date for the collaboration cover single with Green Day? I'm asking because I legitimately had not heard that there was an official release date. Also, your statement is a little misleading. People were saying a single of brand new U2 material most likely one of the "beach" clips was highly unlikely and that is still the case.

I guess we will see on the new album. I still think there is no way an album before next fall is likely (and I dont think it is then either) in anyway. Time will tell who is right.

Blue Room said:

So there is a release date for the collaboration cover single with Green Day? I'm asking because I legitimately had not heard that there was an official release date. Also, your statement is a little misleading. People were saying a single of brand new U2 material most likely one of the "beach" clips was highly unlikely and that is still the case.

I guess we will see on the new album. I still think there is no way an album before next fall is likely (and I dont think it is then either) in anyway. Time will tell who is right.

Maybe not a definitive date, but since they're playing live that song on ... 25th Sep (is it?) for Music Rising we can assume the single is coming out this Autumn.

I thought people were in general saying "no U2 single" this year, based on beach clips, yes. Technically not a "pure" U2 song, but a single none the less.

Fine. :shrug:

I'm going to say that the rumors were true. I'll take it as a single, since it was at least 50% correct. :slant:

Can someone please let me know if there is actually going to be a studio version (or single) of this collaboration with Green Day? I haven't really seen any verificaton of this, as everything that I've read says it will be a live performance on Monday Night Football, with the performance available for download. Could it be that U2 and Green Day are simply preparing and rehearsing for the live performance?

Back
Top Bottom