New Best U2 Remix of all time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
I nominate the Nightmares on Wax remix of In A Little While. It's available on the new double CD 'The Best of Cafe Del Mar'.

It sounds really cool, it's interesting and creative, while still maintaining the happy, tuneful character of the song and not repeating things over and over again so they become obscenely monotonous.

I never really liked the underdog remix of stay, despite many people liking it.

The bitter Kiss remix of dirty day one of my favs.

I agree Bitter Kiss mix was great. Don't have my singles on me here, but but I recall one of the Mysterious Ways remixes pulled out the submerged guitar track at the end into prominence... Am I nuts or did I just imagine it? Always thought it was a shame after hearing hte live version that that bit of guitar is barely audible on the album version.

BTW SkeeK, how long you been at Mac?

Can't help you with the mysterious ways question, I don't have my singles on me either.

I'm in first year at mac, in mckay... i notice you are from hamilton as well!

U2's best remix? A tough one. So many enjoyable ones. For now I will nominate When Love Comes To Town (Live In The Kingdom Mix) for at least getting some attention. The song itself is alright but mix really brings it to life - new prominent drums / a new "preacher" singing part / sax / piano = a significant improvement for me.

Hope to see both of you SkeeK and Blacksword at the U2 Fan Fest in Toronto this weekend www.intotheheart.com - R&H on the big screen / advanced veiwing of the Slane DVD / and 3 tribute band concerts!

Check out this Nukina remix of Mysterious Ways. You can hear it here. Just click on U2-Mysterious Ways (Nukina Mix) the Kuula button (site not in english but there are other U2 remixes)

http://est.u2fanclub.ee/elevate/elevate.php

And here's a pic of Nukina for those who have never seen before (she also performs as DJ Myshell)
hatdj.jpg

Last edited:
Bitter Kiss of Dirty Day maintains the Zooropa like experiment with a kick ass live feel........

You can no longer hear the Nukina remix at the above link (though there are a bunch of other remixes there). But you can listen to a bit of the Nukina remix of Mysterious Ways here:

http://www.nukina.ca/

Bitter Kiss Mix of Dirty Day and the Underdog Mix of Stay are among my all time favorite U2 remixes.

Cheers,

J

Lady with the Spinning Head- Extended Dance Mix

Not up for discussion...;)

Back
Top Bottom