New Album title TBC on BBC Radio 1 Tonite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

White Wizard

Babyface
Zane Lowe will name the title of the new album at 20.45 GMT. He has already given the first letters of each word in the title, and no prizes for guessing what they are... Yep, you got it:

H, T, D, A, A, B

Not too impressed with 'How to dismantle an atomic bomb?' myself. I guess alot will depend on the art-work that accompanies the title. What do the rest of you think??

Yes!

At first I was like, "okay, not what I was expecting, but then what was I really expecting?"

Then I was like, "now I am digging this title. Very bold. Comes off with that arrogance like Achtung Baby! as a title. Only U2 could do this."

Then I was like, "Now that I like this title, I hope they don't go and change it on me."

:drool: good stuff! :drool:

Is there anywhere you can listen to Radio One online? I'd like to hear that, and, who knows, maybe he'll play Vertigo after the title is announced.

Yeah, right. :| :wink:

I can't say either way yet.

From the rumors, I liked Vertigo best, then Hanover Quay, then HTDAAB.
(can't we go back to a 2 word maximum title?)

Zane also said he has heard 3 or 4 album tracks as radio 1 has them in there studio on disc
He said anyone likeing there early stuff WAR , BOY , UFF were in for a treat it is very similar sound
no special effects etc
He also said Vetigo kicks like a donkey

your current time is GMT -5 hours, says the thing under your post... That means it's now 8:43 ish there?

He did just give the teaser...

Last edited:
I think he's on right now but I can't listen from work. If anyone has heard the broadcast, can you please post a transcript or something?

U2girl I'm with you. I think long titles are a bit naff - Hanover Quay was my favourite of the rumoured titles. It would have been a fitting tribute to the studio from which they produced some of their best work...

Zane also said that the album sounds as if Edge got the band together and told them exactly what he wanted them to do (confirms what everyone else has been saying). He said the rhythm section is kicking and there's no fancy tricks or distractions.

I'd love to listen but it requres RealPlayer which I refuse to install as I really hate it. So I'll just read the running commentary here.

Hope it doesn't turn into another 103.1 fiasco. :wink:

Well, unless the letters stand for something totally different than what we've supposed, there shouldn't be any surprises.

H, T, D, A, A, B
What if it's not How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb..

What if it's something else!!

Okay, this is the part where everyone replies with silly album titles using those first initials.

Zane: the album is: 'Incredible, astounding, we will certainly be supporting it'.

How to dismantle an atomic bomb

Back
Top Bottom