New Album title TBC on BBC Radio 1 Tonite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it is an interesting album title. I think Chinese Democracy would have been the best.

Interesting albums coming out this fall by other bands:
Around the Sun, Antics, American Idiot, Futures, Chuck.

just out of interest who initially leaked the info that the album would maybe be called htdaab? and how long ago did this info come out unofficially, seems like ages ago?

Im not in love with this title, but i definetly like it. I dont know if comparing it to war and UF is a good one, I think because Edge is coming on strong with a lot of guitar play, people are doing this. We've heard ABOY, MD, Vertigo, and L&P, they dont seem too much in that style. So people that are worried about that, I wouldnt be too much. I think in essence this album will visit all their styles theyve experimented with.

According to this article at @u2.com

The htdaab.com website was registered way back in february 2004. That's a long time. They had taken their decidion a long time ago !

chrissybaby said:
just out of interest who initially leaked the info that the album would maybe be called htdaab? and how long ago did this info come out unofficially, seems like ages ago?

It was actually U2Log that had the first mention of that title, in a July 2nd post. They reported that the artist Damian Hirst had been to the studio, and Bono had talked to him about album titles. One name that came up was How to Deconstruct an Atomic Bomb. It was a few weeks later, end of July, that @U2 reported on the domain serach for that title. (Note the slight change in wording.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom