New album talk - album coming when fish start riding bicycles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's the first official comment that they're near completion

though I think "12 songs" is really just a synonym for "album." we shouldn't be surprised if we get 10 or 11

My "sources" can confirm that Adam did say there would be a new album early next year. Thats all I can say folks! :wink: :lol:

Seriously though, some of the road crew regulars have been saying and have been told to have 2014 and 2015 open for a U2 tour. This falls right in line with that. Hopefully they are going to start rehearsals in January and March (Feb they will probably be promoting the album) so they have a couple of months in before the tour starts.

Well, that is some encouraging news!

Well, to me it sounds they record another classic sounding u2 album, with again 11 or 12 songs. Even another promise to release it 'soon'. Nothing new here, exept the dropping of the words mixing classic u2 with material of the last 10 years... Well, they hardly had two records... I thought they were busy with something fresh and discovering new sounds!!! 'm really disappointed with Adams words!

Wow, this has to be the most concrete news we have heard so far about the album :up:

Early next year sounds very promising, 12 songs also sounds great. I hope they have a single out before Christmas.

I'm glad there's finally some update from a band member.

Let us take a moment to offer thanks to whatever it is you believe in that at least one member of the band is not talking utter and complete shit.

(No offense, B.)

Adam's the man.

I'd like to think a new album in 2014 ... really ?

"I think it's a bit of a return to U2 of old, but with the maturity, if you like, of the U2 of the last 10 years. It's a combination of those two things and it's a really interesting hybrid." :hmm:

"We're in the studio. We're trying to get these 12 songs absolutely right and get them finished by the end of November, and then we can kind of enjoy Christmas."

"I think it's a bit of a return to U2 of old, but with the maturity, if you like, of the U2 of the last 10 years. It's a combination of those two things and it's a really interesting hybrid." :hmm:

"We're in the studio. We're trying to get these 12 songs absolutely right and get them finished by the end of November, and then we can kind of enjoy Christmas."

I just listened to the interview. Yeah & he added he's in Dublin right now working on the album.

I think this is the best news we've heard yet. :up:

Ok so it will sound like The Joshua Tree but with greater techniquals abilitys in music and lyrics! More "pro" as Lilywhite said... Sounds good to me!

I wonder what U2 of old means. Chime guitars? What I hope is Adam coming up with better base lines like the U2 of old!

The sense of relief is palpable. Taste is the enemy of art, good is the enemy of great, and Adam is the enemy of bullshit :D There's no more need to trawl through the bottomless pit of "sources" and hearsay. This motherfucker is happening soon, just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom