New album talk - album coming when fish start riding bicycles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I agree completely, and for my part I bear no ill-will towards Gabe. I don't know why he calls me troll, but I certainly don't think that of him.

What say you, Gabe, shall we bury the proverbial hatchet?

You fool noone here Nick.

Your offer is insincere and it is rejected.

almost shakespearian :lol:

seriously? what's the point of this, to be antagonistic? how about just letting the subject drop and letting the thread return to discussion about u2 instead of arguing?

i don't think it's asking much that everyone just move on from the subject.

Knowing mama cass and seeing his/her posting style here for the past year, I seriously doubt the person meant any harm. You cannot deny that it is indeed amusing how some people argue and fight over here like children. But I have to say that Nick66 always seems to keep it civil. I've hardly seen him resort to personal attacks or flying off the handle like some other people do.

Nick66 is like the jick of our time. lol.

seriously? what's the point of this, to be antagonistic? how about just letting the subject drop and letting the thread return to discussion about u2 instead of arguing?

i don't think it's asking much that everyone just move on from the subject.

wow, you read me wrong there...

i thought it was just getting incredibly silly, almost getting to the point of duels at dawn, and that kind of tickled my warped sense of humour, sorry to offend though!

eta: although i seriously cannot believe you felt you had to jump on me like that just for JOKING, when so many others things slip by in this place :down:

wow, you read me wrong there...

i thought it was just getting incredibly silly, almost getting to the point of duels at dawn, and that kind of tickled my warped sense of humour, sorry to offend though!

eta: although i seriously cannot believe you felt you had to jump on me like that just for JOKING, when so many others things slip by in this place :down:

Appearances from mods are so scarce these days that it seems to just be hard luck to be picked up for comments, most of which are so far out of context without having read the previous 30 pages of drivel, and there was no intent, nor malice taken in the comment itself.

I mean, cock and balls guy will show up again in this thread, and again we will quote the forum rules that he is a self-admitted previously banned member who comes back to derail conversations again, yet he keeps getting away with it.

Appearances from mods are so scarce these days that it seems to just be hard luck to be picked up for comments, most of which are so far out of context without having read the previous 30 pages of drivel, and there was no intent, nor malice taken in the comment itself.

I mean, cock and balls guy will show up again in this thread, and again we will quote the forum rules that he is a self-admitted previously banned member who comes back to derail conversations again, yet he keeps getting away with it.

:up: yeah, and that's just one example... some of the name calling and PROPER antagonism that goes unnoticed is incredible...

i don't mind being in the naughty corner though :D

Oh, I agree completely, and for my part I bear no ill-will towards Gabe. I don't know why he calls me troll, but I certainly don't think that of him.

What say you, Gabe, shall we bury the proverbial hatchet?

Oh I don't buy this whatsoever.

Hey, I said it would change everything if one of the band members contradicted McGuinness. It's happened, and so now it looks like February! :)

I'm waiting for April, according to source. Spring 2014 is also vague enough to hit the mark...but not really a genious guess once Autumn this year was out.

I seem to recall that U2.com announced a new subscriber package in fall 2008, but essentially said to sit tight on what the gift would be. Medium, Rare and Remastered and presale codes were then announced in the new year.

it hindsight, it seems possible that this is because the band hadn't 100% finalized their plans for NLOTH and the tour at the time.

flash forward to fall 2013, and people are wondering what the subscriber gift will be. I think they're still peddling From the Ground Up w/ Edge's Picks.. current subscribers are getting emails telling them it's time to renew, and they're being offered the same gift they were offered last year!

in conclusion, I don't know what any of this means, but maybe they're hesitating to announce the new subscriber package because it's going to come with the pre-sale opportunity. and until they announce the new album & tour, they cant very well promise presale ticket sales.. it'd spoil the surprise :sexywink:

Sad, I make one or two posts for first time in a long time and it's stuck in between bickering.

Seriously it takes away from the forum. I used to post quite a bit in the Bomb days but I saw similar squabbling and it turned me off because people like myself scan past so much of the arguing to try to find the good points people try to make & fun constructive conversation and inevitably miss the better points.

:|

That's nothing. Look at the atu2 forum where poster after poster who was hoping for Achtung Baby, Zooropa, Electronic, Futuristic music is totally deflated with the news. :lol:

Adam: Album due out early 2014.

In my experience when bands are going in a particular direction (especially competition like Radiohead or Arcade Fire) it was always wise for U2 to do something different. Daft Punk does electronic really well. Arcade Fire is trying to go U2 and Bowie. Justin Timberlake is going 80s and there's plenty of electronic and loops. Then U2 goes in the opposite direction. It keeps U2 from being a "Me Too" band. I'm sure Danger Mouse didn't make it sound like old Lillywhite.

Mind you, that fucking 12th song will probably only be released on the New Zealand pressings, or some shit, so we can all be angry about that when the time comes. :lol:

I suppose it's possible that the 12th song is a TGBHF or Fast Cars-type "bonus" song that isn't truly part of the album. But the more I think about it, I think we might actually get 12 songs. We've had various people mention how great the stuff they're working on is. Plus, if it's inevitable that the whole "two album" thing is never going to happen, maybe they figure the next best thing is to give us a 12th song, especially considering how long it's been between albums.

Or, of course, it's possible they may ultimately scrap one song when deciding on the tracklist. :down:

I suppose it's possible that the 12th song is a TGBHF or Fast Cars-type "bonus" song that isn't truly part of the album. But the more I think about it, I think we might actually get 12 songs. We've had various people mention how great the stuff they're working on is. Plus, if it's inevitable that the whole "two album" thing is never going to happen, maybe they figure the next best thing is to give us a 12th song, especially considering how long it's been between albums.

Or, of course, it's possible they may ultimately scrap one song when deciding on the tracklist. :down:

I was totally kiddin really. Kindof like in the vein of let me see if there's something I can find to complain about re the scant info we have about the new album. :wink:

I think we do actually get 12 tracks. It didn't seem like an abstract statement ie "these 12 songs", and he made the statement in a market that gets the same releases as we do. Right now I'm not really catching any negative vibes about this album. No bombastic statements from the lead singer dude to the media (yet) that the rest of the band grits their teeth about...just this measured response from Adam that really gives one alot to look forward to and confirms info that has been trickling down over the last few weeks. I'm pumped! :hyper:

you guys are funny.................:lol:

FUNNY? Funny how..... do they amuse you? Are they here to amuse YOU? They are clowns and here just to amuse YOU? I might be screwed up or something but how are they funny, they talk FUNNY? No no no wait... KOS knows what he said how are they funny, what the f' is so funny about them.

:wink:

Sorry watched Goodfelles last night for 1,000th time in a bout of insomnia last night.

I can't wait till we get song titles so we can then hate those songs.

Task 1: rearrange the tracks into a more palatable ordering...I mean, knowing U2, they'll probably not have them sequenced in way that flows very logically, y'know?

The tracklisting needs to roll off the tongue smoothly before we ever even hear these songs, or it's just not gonna work I'm afraid. :down:

Task 1: rearrange the tracks into a more palatable ordering...I mean, knowing U2, they'll probably not have them sequenced in way that flows very logically, y'know?

The tracklisting needs to roll off the tongue smoothly before we ever even hear these songs, or it's just not gonna work I'm afraid. :down:

If there are any strange song titles, I'm going to be so pissed. I remember being furious when I first read the title "Fez-Being Born".

FUNNY? Funny how..... do they amuse you? Are they here to amuse YOU? They are clowns and here just to amuse YOU? I might be screwed up or something but how are they funny, they talk FUNNY? No no no wait... KOS knows what he said how are they funny, what the f' is so funny about them.

goodfellas.gif

If this new tracklisting has any songs with titles that include the words "I", "you", "the", "an", "a" or "rutabaga" I'm gonna be so fundamentally pissed that I may just remove myself from the fandom altogether and get my full-back tattoo of a still of Bono on the stairs at Kilmainham Gaol in his red trousers and manly lumberjack shirt from the "Celebration" video lasered right off. :madwife:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom