New album talk - Album coming SOON to a galaxy near you!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm willing to bet Letterman will ask how the new album is coming and Bono will probably say something about being lost in the music.

I've just read this on atu2 forum

I just called and spoke with a nice gal (sounded young) at Electric and asked if I could drop something off for the band (I am in CT), she said "sure no problem, we'll get it to them..."
She may get these calls all day and that is the 'company response'...

I then asked, "What time do you expect them tomorrow?" (assumptive close technique :)))
She said, "We're not sure what time..." stopped herself and after speaking with a coworker, guy deep voice, she said "We can't divulge that info."

Prob means nothing, but at least it was a real convo with the studio...take from it what you will.

New Album In (Anyone Care To Make A Guess?) Thread!

Not only were they on another planet, they were pissed off that night! :drool:

Thank goodness George Harrison motivated them by cutting them down to the press the night before.:drool:

Now if only Ringo and Sir Paul would sharpen their knives in time for U2's next tour:drool::drool:

I'm leaning more and more towards expecting a surprise release. Bono's got a new haircut. He's in shape. There's no talk of a boobie prize release before the end of the year..... I say 75% chance of an album before Black Friday.

I just called and spoke with a nice gal (sounded young) at Electric and asked if I could drop something off for the band (I am in CT), she said "sure no problem, we'll get it to them..."

I then asked, "What time do you expect them tomorrow?" (assumptive close technique :)))
She said, "We're not sure what time..." stopped herself and after speaking with a coworker, guy deep voice, she said "We can't divulge that info."

Prob means nothing, but at least it was a real convo with the studio...take from it what you will.

That person has issues

I'm leaning more and more towards expecting a surprise release. Bono's got a new haircut. He's in shape. There's no talk of a boobie prize release before the end of the year..... I say 75% chance of an album before Black Friday.

Niceman, I've missed your brand of optimism around here :up:

I can't hear it properly even with my headphones on. I usually, like I'm sure a lot of U2 fans do, have the ability to recognise a U2 song without properly hearing it, if you know what I mean, but I can't make out what it is.

It sounds to me like new U2.. if I could be so bold..

Drop off a casserole with a device that streams audio out to the internet hidden inside of it. We'd then have casserole clips.

Is it just me or is the link that nesquick provided merely a clip of Bono talking in the kitchen with Edge?

or is that the joke? lol

I didn't realize there's something other in that clip than a pair or rarely seen blue eyes.

Oh wait, who's this "Edge"? :hmm:

Next step: calling for a bomb alert to evacuate the building when they're there...:up:

The French only know earnest; tongue-in-cheek isn't in our makeup, sadly.

I never named that before but I think you may be onto something.

I could make that happen :shifty:

It'll be an epic day in U2 fandom history, the day that changes. People will be calling it "Y-Day" for generations.

I was thinking about the time between albums this morning, and it hit me how long this is really taking. When NLOTH came out, my daughter wasn't even born yet. And now we're discussing what school she should go to next year.

I was thinking about the time between albums this morning, and it hit me how long this is really taking. When NLOTH came out, my daughter wasn't even born yet. And now we're discussing what school she should go to next year.

:ohmy:

I have a 2.9 yr old. He wasn't even planned or conceived when NLOTH came out. Now when I take him to daycare in the morning he tells me to play 'Kite' & 'Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses'. I hope he's open to the new album :up:

By the time the album is finally released, you'll be discussing which college she'll be going to :wink:

Excellent manner of putting that into perspective, mikal.

Similarly, I had a not quite one-year-old when "Boots" first hit the waves. I hated it with a passionate hatred I typically reserve for Keanu Reeves, reality TV and cheesecake.*

Now I have a five-year-old and an almost-three-year-old and they beg and plead to hear "Boots" en route to school every morning.

*I luzzz it now ~shirtlessbinvideowooooooooooot~:drool:

When I was moving to the US last year to get my PhD, I remember thinking how I'd be able to enjoy watching the band on their next tour, all across the US of A! Now I'm thinking I'll probably be done with my PhD and will have gone back home by the time they go on tour for the next album :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom