New album talk - Album coming SOON to a galaxy near you!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure he had a mic in front of him during some early ZooTV shows during performances of Bullet the Blue Sky.

Really? I don't even remember that at all! All my old videos are in boxes due to renos..can you think of any early shows in particular that maybe I can YouTube or whatever? I love trivia about old live shows like that..

I wonder that you will still be talking, Signor Benedick.
Nobody marks you.

Sir Kenneth as Benedick= best ever.

Adam's mike is may have been there but the on button, as they say, proved elusive.

Gvox, you have got to take off that new spoiler tag, damn it.

we need a drinking game for bono's interview. every time he uses a old rock cliché.

1. this is the best album we ever did
2. we are more a band now then ever
3.its not the same making records now as it used to be
4.my voice has never been better
5. something deep and noble. like, always be true to yourself unless you can kill two birds with one stone.
6. theres a 50% chance of the album coming out by dec. But theres only a 10% chance of there being 50% chance.
7. as said before, we have 500 songs ready. We just need some xylophone work laid down.
8.oh being a rock star over 50 is like being a plumber who has to fix a backuped toilet. you never know where the craps coming from. or something like that.

Yeah, he "sang" during ZooTV Bullet, but I'm 99% sure that his mic wasn't in the mix.

OhBono.jpg

This is a haircut Miley Cyrus stole from Adam Clayton. I'm stealing it back.. - Bono

this is wonderful. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

This is kinda like when someone says "with all due respect" and then proceeds to try to diss someone as hard as they can. Nothing like a little advance character slagging to get a fruitful conversation started! lol

I was being about as serious in implying that he is a melodical virtuoso based on his amazing performance on Yahweh (should i insert a winky or rolleyes here for clarity?) as you (hopefully?) were about him not knowing an A minor from a hole in the ground.

Having said that tho, the fact remains that he does in fact know a. what an A minor sounds like and b. where to find it on a keyboard, because he did in fact play it several times during the live performances of Yahweh, even if he was just one finger plunkin it lol :)

I asked to see if you knew what you were talking about. And I was right to ask. You sound like you don't have a clue.

And this is a perfect illustration of the argument you had previously. You said something stupid, with a little winky, I asked for clarity because of those previous arguments you'd had, and you're acting indignant that I bothered to ask. Because clearly you were joking...and yet you're also REINFORCING the ignorance of the original comment. Absolutely baffling.

It is quite literally impossible to play a chord with one note or by pressing one key, which is what Larry was doing, finger plucking key to key. But if he was playing audible chords with one key (I don't recall, I hate that wretched song) , it would be presets or midi programming. Which is something you could teach a two-year-old to do. Not exactly what you would call evidence of Larry's knowledge of anything other than 'how to press a button'.

As for the nonsense you asked me about earlier in the thread. Read U2 BY U2 and save me the time of having to quote it myself. Look at the chapter on the Chris Thomas sections, there is some relatively strong language there. And that's just what is documented that I can recall off the top of my head. There's plenty of anecdotal evidence otherwise. But there's also speculation on my part from my own experiential and general knowledge of the subject matter. Myself and a few others were right about that 2003 session before it was ever published in U2 BY U2. It's called deductive reasoning. I don't have a Bono quote for that though, so I guess it didn't happen.

I asked to see if you knew what you were talking about. And I was right to ask. You sound like you don't have a clue..

Holy shit, are you serious? Maybe you should read back my first response to you. I was actually in agreement with most of what you said, up until the last sentence. Because you dont actually truly know if your bombastic statement is true or not, for that matter none of us really do.

Wow, you have displayed your superior musical superiority. FYI, there's an A minor chord in Yahweh on guitar. Maybe he did actually play a proper chord, you certainly havent presented any evidence that he didnt. Maybe Terry Lawless was actually playing under the stage and he wasnt even plugged in. Your theory is someone programmed an Aminor for him? That's pretty funny too. But anyways..

As for all the rest of the shit you wrote about how you've been so upset and butthurt about my history of light hearted jokes and your illustration of the argument I had recently? You mean the one everyone was told to drop by the mods? Right, that one.

Before I respond to anything else, I just want to be clear, you placed a winky on this, so are you being serious or what? You're kind of known for utterances of BS about joking after the fact, so just making sure here.

the calm before the storm :D

I think it's kind of funny that people here expect any revelations about the new U2 album with Bono appearing at the Letterman show alone when it's pretty clear that a. he's there as a representative of One.org b. he's there alone without any other band member and c. it's clearly one of many stops on his campaigning trip this week. Reality check, guys. Maybe he'll feed us with one of his many well-known phrases that we've been hearing for months now whenever he's opening his mouth about the new U2 album, but nothing really substantial. Clearly, Bono doesn't want this stuff to be mixed up. When he's doing his political work, he's focusing on that and that's something to be respected.

Now if he performed with Kings of Leon who'll also have an appearance at the Letterman show that evening .... :hmm:

we need a drinking game for bono's interview. every time he uses a old rock cliché.

1. this is the best album we ever did
2. we are more a band now then ever
3.its not the same making records now as it used to be
4.my voice has never been better
5. something deep and noble. like, always be true to yourself unless you can kill two birds with one stone.
6. theres a 50% chance of the album coming out by dec. But theres only a 10% chance of there being 50% chance.
7. as said before, we have 500 songs ready. We just need some xylophone work laid down.
8.oh being a rock star over 50 is like being a plumber who has to fix a backuped toilet. you never know where the craps coming from. or something like that.

The Edge is on fire ?? :D

Chances are, Letterman will have been briefed beforehand not to ask any U2-specific questions. They'll be some requisite ass-kissing at most ("The 360 tour was the highest grossing tour IN HISTORY! How 'bout that?"), and maybe a parting "I'm looking forward to seeing you guys again on tour", but right now Bono probably doesn't want to talk about the new album any more than he wants to discuss corporate tax arrangements :wink:

Bono's activism pisses me off... I'm tired of his speeches, even his way of talking, and his "frequenting"...
I much prefer him looking sullen and only making music with his real pals!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom