New album Summer 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoocarolina

Refugee
Received an email from atu2 concerning Bits and Bites of info. and there was a Hot Press article speculating next Summer for the release of the next album, no official quotes, just estimates I believe. I accidentally deleted the email, but there were quotes from Bono's trip and it mentioned the date, maybe the article is on the Hotpress Site, my guess Fall 2007 at the earliest. If anyone has the article, please post the exact verbiage, who knows if this is from a source or pure speculation.

shaun vox said:
100$$ BET!!
i say no album in 2007!!
this is u2!! they fucking take three years to make an album with 11 mediocor pop songs!!

:down: :down:

LOL...

Remember how prolific they were during the Zoo TV days? To the new U2 fans, I can't even begin to explain how incredible it was to read that U2, WHILE ON TOUR, was going to release a WHOLE NEW ALBUM. Zooropa was the most magic and surprising U2 release ever. Here was the band, on the road, touring the biggest record of their career, and it was like, oh, and by the way, here's ANOTHER AMAZING ALBUM. It blew my mind.

Ah, the good old days...

U2 reveal new album plans

07 Jun 2006

Bono has revealed that U2 are planning to start work on a new album.

The follow-up to How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb, is likely to be
released in summer 2007

I've got a lot of songs, oddly enough, from taking piano lessons,
he says. My kid's piano teacher, Dawn, has been teaching me the
piano. And every time she gives me a lesson, I write a new song!

Being back in U2 mode means that he'll be putting his extracurricular
activities on hold for a while.

I'd like to thin my schedule in terms of the politics and activism
and just get lost in the music again. That's what I'm really looking
forward to for the summer.

Meanwhile, Bono has been slammed by Irish Jesuit Quarterly magazine
for claiming that the Catholic Church has damaged the country.

Addressing February's National Prayer Breakfast in the White House,
he said: I've avoided religious people most of my life. Maybe it had
something to do with having a father who was Protestant and a mother
who was Catholic in a country where the line between the two was,
quite literally, a battle line. Where the line between church and
state was well, a little blurry, and hard to see. Seeing what
religious people, in the name of God, did to my land

Bono is wrong, states Father Fergus ODonoghue, a Jesuit historian.
Irish civilisation is profoundly Christian, which means that
Christian belief has been formative in every aspect of Irish
political, economic and social development.

The Hot Press Newsdesk
--------------------------------------------------

:eyebrow: yeah, right :rolleyes:

but it would be :drool: (if true)

shaun vox said:
100$$ BET!!
i say no album in 2007!!
this is u2!! they fucking take three years to make an album with 11 mediocor pop songs!!

if you hate the bands new albums so much, why are you in a sub forum dedicated to the new album?

KUEFC09U2 said:
if you hate the bands new albums so much, why are you in a sub forum dedicated to the new album?

I've been wondering that too lots of times, mate...

Anyway, it'd be such a great thing to see that soon (for the band's present working rhythm) a new album. I have the feeling that we'll have another great album. Weeeeeeeeee:dance: :crazy: :dancing:

KUEFC09U2 said:

Somewhere in Vox's heart there is a love for HTDAAB.

mikal said:

HA! awesome. taking a page out of my book, are ya? ;)

(In no way does this post condone the use of "dumbglish" to bring other people down)

ahh yes, remember the good old days, mikal?

djerdap said:
That article is pure gossip.

Yep and it only reprints what has alreayd been published.

So you tell me, if Bono had said new album, any fucking time much less specific as summer '07, where is the quote?

They drummed it up on their own.

Actually they have said that they really liked the connection between the bomb and their early work and the next one would follow the same direction...
And I almost forgot, here's (...not! :lol:) the album cover
:ohmy:

u2-GIRL.jpg

If you didn't find this funny at all I apologize in advance.

Bonochick said:

How about not praising a comment that I just reprimanded a user for making, please?

i was acknowledging that he used the same kind of sarcasm that i used a year ago. stuff you used to laugh at, also.

shaun vox said:
100$$ BET!!
i say no album in 2007!!

At least they haven't been pushing back the Chinese Democracy released date for over 10 years

Okay, can this not turn into a U2 vs. GNR thread, please?

I disagree with shaun's statement of "mediocor pop songs", but he's entitled to state his opinion. However, to retaliate by bashing a band he is known to like really isn't necessary.

Bonochick said:
Okay, can this not turn into a U2 vs. GNR thread, please?

I disagree with shaun's statement of "mediocor pop songs", but he's entitled to state his opinion. However, to retaliate by bashing a band he is known to like really isn't necessary.

I would wholeheartedly agree with you here... but isn't he bashing U2, a band most of us are known to like? And the reason he is bashing U2 is semi-ridiculous.

I wasn't bashing Guns N Roses, I was defending U2. I thought this was a U2 forum. I like Guns N Roses alot btw. Probably as much as Shaun Vox does. What I was trying to say, as bands get older they slow down w/ the recording as they have other objectives in life that are more important. I was using GNR as another example of this, U2 aren't the only ones.

As long as U2 can put out an album by 2009 so there's a U2 album out while I'm in high school, I'm fine with however long they take.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom