New album Summer 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
2007 would be awesome, but unlikely....if it shows up next year it would probably be the same time as HTDAAB, better sales.

no one really knows, but it's fun to speculate.

One can surmise though, that with Bono taking piano lessons, you can probably expect to hear lots of songs souding simliar to Mary Had a Little Lamb and perhaps Chopsticks.:wink:

They have to make 2 albums to the end of decade ! Why ? Because the third Greatest Hits Album will have to contain songs from at least 3 albums, otherwise will not make any sense. So, I strongly believe that we gonna have a new album next year, but like usually in the autumn ! They don't like summer too much, don't you think ?:mad:

Don't they almost always release a new album in one of the fall months? I would say Fall of 2007 which would make it 3 years after the Bomb which would be right on course for them.:huh:

discothequeLP said:

yeah! that way, they wouldn't even have to change Mothers of the Dissapeared :|

Well, they'd have to liven it up, you know. Add a mirrorball lemon and flyshades. Make it radio-friendly. Upbeat and all.

Or some pimp-music wah-wah guitar in the middle of Running To Stand Still. Exit with a dance-hall beat. :)

Hopefully it'll have more American roots and sound a little more like songs such as Love And Peace Or Else and Running To Stand Still.

I say...a mixture of Achtung Baby experimentation and its serious lyrics, but still a feel to it that could only come from the past 2 albums...something new, yet still 'feel-good' (which I get from especially ATYCLB)

I hope they are going to.

They need to get back to the Achtung baby / Zooropa / POP era.

That was defenitly their best era in my opinion.

the tourist said:
Hopefully it'll have more American roots and sound a little more like songs such as Love And Peace Or Else and Running To Stand Still.

Noo, i vote for stuff more along the same lines as war/boy. Sounding more like 'tomorrow' and less like 'in gods country' (I love the joshua tree, but its time for them to go back to their irish roots!)

Rumors will start this fall. Then there will be hopes of an album in the spring. Everybody will start speculating back to the release of other albums. Then we will start saying a fall release 2007 to maximize Christmas profits. Then the band will be back in the studio with a new producer. Then spring release.........then late summer release then fall release. all this being said and half drunk on the Chard we will see fall 2008 trust me.

cseggleton said:
Rumors will start this fall. Then there will be hopes of an album in the spring. Everybody will start speculating back to the release of other albums. Then we will start saying a fall release 2007 to maximize Christmas profits. Then the band will be back in the studio with a new producer. Then spring release.........then late summer release then fall release. all this being said and half drunk on the Chard we will see fall 2008 trust me.

:lmao:

:yes:

I've already settled in to U2 hibernation and started listening to other bands to pass the time.

schnumi said:
I hope they are going to.

They need to get back to the Achtung baby / Zooropa / POP era.

That was defenitly their best era in my opinion.

Yes, that's IT! All U2 needs is a TIME MACHINE!

t8thgr8 said:
Can U2 still experiment?

That's cheating. Good bands have to have rules, right? :drool:

Anyway, if they don't have to get a new producer, and can just be happy with the results after one recording period, I believe fall 2007 is extremely reasonable.

BTW, if the new album sounds like OOTS because of Bongo's piano lessons, I'm going to go jump off a bridge now.

Back
Top Bottom