New Album Rumors?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AtomicBono said:

but I love all the stuff that comes with it, the rumors, the leaks, the in-depth discussions we have based solely on speculated song titles...the months before the release of the Bomb were good times on Interference.

thats the best part. The countless threads about song titles, people arguing over a 20 second clip drowned out by loud waves. It's the greatest.

someone mentioned a raw, rock album released in 2006. I would love both, but dont expect both.

Late 2006, after releasing a new album, only touring Australia and Japan. Then taking the first six months of 2007 off, beginning again, shaping a new sound and writing 35 songs in 9 months, finally recording those songs in 3 months, producing them for three months and having the album of 12 of 35 out by Thanksgiving 2008 with a new sound. Following that, they tour North America, Australia and Japan from March-July. Four singles from that album produce 6 new b-sides. Therefore 18 of the 35 songs written have been used. They take three months off to produce 11 more from the remaining 18 songs into an album and sit on it until January of 2009 when they release it and tour Europe and then North America again. During this time they release 4 more singles and use up 6 of the final seven songs as b-sides and the seventh as a single of its own for the movie X-Men 4. And THEN they take a year off and we have 3 and a half albums of material for the best of 2000-2010, plus one single on its own to be on it, and 18 b-sides to chose from (not counting remixes). Can I get Paul McGuiness's phone number? I'm sure everyone on here would be ecstatic if that came true....

the tourist said:
Late 2006, after releasing a new album, only touring Australia and Japan. Then taking the first six months of 2007 off, beginning again, shaping a new sound and writing 35 songs in 9 months, finally recording those songs in 3 months, producing them for three months and having the album of 12 of 35 out by Thanksgiving 2008 with a new sound. Following that, they tour North America, Australia and Japan from March-July. Four singles from that album produce 6 new b-sides. Therefore 18 of the 35 songs written have been used. They take three months off to produce 11 more from the remaining 18 songs into an album and sit on it until January of 2009 when they release it and tour Europe and then North America again. During this time they release 4 more singles and use up 6 of the final seven songs as b-sides and the seventh as a single of its own for the movie X-Men 4. And THEN they take a year off and we have 3 and a half albums of material for the best of 2000-2010, plus one single on its own to be on it, and 18 b-sides to chose from (not counting remixes). Can I get Paul McGuiness's phone number? I'm sure everyone on here would be ecstatic if that came true....

Good Plan. Make it so.

All right. No one has Paul's phone number? Come on now.... Who's holding out? :wink:

Sorry, it's - 1300-2855-7448
(ps, there's a hidden message there too!)

AtomicBono said:

Larry said in Mojo that if the band was going to continue on into the future, they would have to start experimenting again :drool:

:drool: indeed.

I would love a new U2 sound. Bomb was good, but nothing really new and inovative to the music world. I think maybe it's time to dream it all up again.
(And yes, even I'm rolling my eyes at that last sentence :rolleyes: )

Last edited:
RademR said:

thats the best part. The countless threads about song titles, people arguing over a 20 second clip drowned out by loud waves. It's the greatest.

someone mentioned a raw, rock album released in 2006. I would love both, but dont expect both.

Ahh the beach clips. Good times. I had over 10,000 people download that one Vertigo clip from my site before the RIAA shut it down. :laugh:

yeah at least 3 more years. shoot i'd love it if they just went with it and put one out every 2 years, but U2 doesn't roll that way. it's at least a 4 year deal and we're only one into that....

ughhhhh.

Maybe it won't be 4 years this time. If they have Steve Lillywhite in the studio from the beginning, maybe it will take less time. :huh:

Sorry, I'm gonna people's goat up here, but I say bin Steve Lylliewhite, you'll get more of the same in terms of u2's sound if they keep him on board, they're on cruise control this now.

They need a change in not just the sound but the backroom staff. A major change is needed in my humble opinion to save them from becoming the Rolling Stones at this stage of their career. I know, that's gonna get some people's back up, sorry, it's just the way I feel about them this now.

If it is time to dream it all up again, get a fresh face in that'll help them mould a new direction. Rumours of them trying to get Rick Rubin in for 'Bomb' were pretty exciting, I say try and get him in next time around.

Last edited:
I agree with Lo-Fi

Although Chris Thomas didn't work, at east they tried and we ended up with some interesting stuff.

a whole new team would likely help!

I think the band realizes that they are no spring chickens anymore and so, they (I hope) understand that they need start churning out albums at a faster pace. The window of creativity isn't gonna stay open for ever (I say they have a 4-6 year window of opportunity where they can create top-notch material). Hopefuly some of the stuff that came out of the G8 summit in terms of aid for Africa might let Bono dedicate more of his time to the band. I think we will have a new album before 2007.
:bono: :larry: :adam: :edge:
Yes!

I would like to see them work with someone else besides Lanois, Lillywhite, Flood, and Eno in a major producer capacity. IMO the Thomas sessions WERE a relative failure going on what the IPOD box set indicate which is the negative prospect of bringing in someone unfamiliar. The worst thing from a new collaboration is the idea that a newer album will take even longer. Ah its a potential catch22. :|

00000001.gif

now that is a bumb...

i don't know, i have the feeling that this time we're not gonna wait too long for a new album........................late 2006 early 2007 sounds me possible............................

hear the latest on u2.com????

They were spotted on their day off in a recording studio with Jacknife........

the last thing they produced from that same studio is the superior single version of Please....

:drool:

With Mercy and Fast Cars being the last "new" songs knowingly recorded during the Bomb sessions, I am very confident that the next record (when ever it is released) will knock my socks off.

Back
Top Bottom