New Album Rumors?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
liamcool said:
Featuring: MR. THE EDGE ON ACOUSTIC FOUR STRING GUITAR! MR. ADAM CLAYTON ON VOCALS! MR. LARRY MULLEN JR. ON OVENTURNED TRASH CAN! MR. BONO VOX ON TELEPHONE TO BILL CLINTON! (also featuring Brian Eno on security cameras and Daniel Lanois on room service)

No, not Bill Clinton, on the phone with that girl from the tour who straddled him onstage a few weeks back....

Dalton said:

I just pissed on my computer monitor because it is the closest I could get to your face.....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That is going straight to bash.org!

One would have thought that there will be less time between HTDAAB and then next album than there was between Pop and ATYCLB and ATYCLB and HTDAAB.
They can't muck about with a greatest hits album for a couple of years this time.

the tourist said:

No kidding! Don't let Larry hear the songs. Just tell him what drums to hit where and otherwise lock him in a closet with ear plugs until the release date.

its a good thing larry (as well as Adam) listened to the album before hand and decided to postpone the release date. We would of had to listen to Native Son instead of the rockin Vertigo. Although Yahweh (the alternative version) was so much better, why did they change it!

DPrinceNY said:

its a good thing larry (as well as Adam) listened to the album before hand and decided to postpone the release date. We would of had to listen to Native Son instead of the rockin Vertigo. Although Yahweh (the alternative version) was so much better, why did they change it!

The "Alternate" Yahweh was not an early sketch like Native Son, ABOY, and Sometimes were. It is an alternate mix, that was not chosen for the record, which is why is sounds so good.

2007 at the earliest, but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't come til 2009 if it even comes at all.

I won't be surprised if the album comes up next year.
And I'd really like it to happen.
Remember that the band left 12/13 songs out of HTDAAB?
The band had already confirmed and Lillywhite too that those leftlovers would be used in a new album to come out in 2006.

I wouldn't be surprised too if the same happened as in the ZooTV era... The Vertigo Tour ends in the beggining of 2006. The album can come out a few months later and the Vertigo Tour can go on.
The band has spent tones of money in this tour... I don't believe that 2 expensive stages and lots of thing around the tour are going to be used for only a few legs of the tour...

I just don't want as many people say "another Zooropa".
It'd be very strange. The leftlovers of HTDAAB were described as even more rocker and hard songs than the choosed for "The Bomb". I'd really like too see that.

you guys have to think about something for a sec. if they dont release the follow up in 06 then we'll be smack dab in the middle of the 4 year wait. the 4 year wait produces a new sound, the 2006 record will just pick up where atomic bomb left off.

the 2006 release is very important.

They should just release October again under a different name and see if anyone notices.

I think it's U2's time to go do something half-cocked. Come on and make the rock record they wanted to. Three weeks in the studio, three weeks in production, first single on the radio.

No, December would be too late in the season. Gotta have it out by Thanksgiving.

typhoon said:
They should just release October again under a different name and see if anyone notices.

:lmao:

Larry said in Mojo that if the band was going to continue on into the future, they would have to start experimenting again :drool:

Four years between every album is just too fucking long. If U2 are smart they will release a nice, raw, rock album in 2006 continuing the HTDAAB sound except more rock and less pop, then have a totally different sounding album out 2008-2009...

the tour's not over yet and I'm already hungry for a new album...that's sad. but I love all the stuff that comes with it, the rumors, the leaks, the in-depth discussions we have based solely on speculated song titles...the months before the release of the Bomb were good times on Interference.

Back
Top Bottom