New album rumor from U2log...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yahweh said:
Personally I think that anybody that doesnt find some very good material in the last 2 albums either needs a hearing aid or was never a U2 fan in the first place.

I love spaghetti. Do I want it prepared the same way 3 days in a row? Probably not.

U2girl said:

I don't think the next album is quite so be all and end all. I'd be interested in what happens after they hit 5-0, though. I think they will eventually stop craving (particularly) US market/charts success and see it isn't working.

It's funny, because a strong argument can be made for U2 actually making more 'mature' sounding music in their 20's and 30's than present day. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with in the future, when they're really mature.

At some point, I think U2's age will severely hamper their ability dominate commercial sales like they're still doing. I know that sounds like a ridiculous thing to say, but to have mass appeal as grandfathers is completely unheard of. Granted U2 is in uncharted territory and could change the rules. But I think if age forces them out of "biggest band in the world" status, it may strangely allow us fans to get more experimental, exciting music.

Yahweh said:
Personally I think that anybody that doesnt find some very good material in the last 2 albums either needs a hearing aid or was never a U2 fan in the first place.

Why can't people express different opinions without insulting each other?? :scream:

I've had it. Thread OVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom