New Album Predictions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

discothequeLP

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Now, with new and updated information, lets try to sort guess these dates again.

Album Date Announced: August 18, 2004
First Single (Native Son) Leaked: August 30, 2004
First Single (Native Son)Officially Released: September 16, 2004
Album (Winter) Released: November 1, 2004
First Video: Native Son; November 1, 2004
Tour Announced: November 25, 2004
First Live Full Band Performance Since Super Bowl XXXIV, was it?: January 10, 2005

They performed at the special olympics a year or two ago, didn't they?

Predicted Timeline:
Mid August - 1st Single (native Son) leaked
Late August - Promotional posters /Album Name
Early September - 1st Single (Native Son) released
Late September - snippet of other songs
Early Ocotober - Tracklisting/Cover released
November 2, 2004 - Album (Full Metal Jacket) released

I had a horrific dream last night (seriously). I hope this is just a dream and not a prediction. There were 12 new songs on the CD. 3 of them, were songs off of previous albums (Stranger in a Strangeland, Pride, and one I can't remember). So I was bummed that there were actually only 9 new songs. The price was $28.95 for this one cd. Here is the scary part, one of the 9 originals was a rap duet with Eminem. Oh the Horror !! Please tell me it was just a dream.

Numb1075 said:
I had a horrific dream last night (seriously). I hope this is just a dream and not a prediction. There were 12 new songs on the CD. 3 of them, were songs off of previous albums (Stranger in a Strangeland, Pride, and one I can't remember). So I was bummed that there were actually only 9 new songs. The price was $28.95 for this one cd. Here is the scary part, one of the 9 originals was a rap duet with Eminem. Oh the Horror !! Please tell me it was just a dream.

and the j. lopez duet? is in it? :huh:

shaun vox said:
new album will be a mix of pop rock songs!
mark my word!:mad:

carnac4.jpg

well as long as it doesn't sound like a cross between the Thrills and Maroon 5 (dear oh dear), and has less feeble lyrics from Bono than ATYCLB, pop/rock's not too bad. I'd rather not have another ATYCLB though...

Last edited:
it could be the biggest rocker u2 ever recorded... but if it gets played on "top 40" radio and on mtv and vh1, then those who are looking to call it "pop/rock" will do so anyway. :shrug: fuck it... i don't care what "genre" anyone wants to label the new album... to me, ATYCLB, Pop, Achtung, JT and Boy were all from the same genre... rock and/or roll.

I hope it has at least a few songs similar to "Big Girls Are Best." That's one of their rockingest songs. That would be so awesome... :drool:

u2 are not rock&roll so this album will be a stretch for them.

but im sure they will have 5 to 6 pop songs.(u2 makes the best pop songs)
the beatles were pop so dont get mad when i call u2 pop because thats what they are at the moment.
they are a pop band and a great one.

:laugh: with all the "pop" talk it's interesting to think ATYCLB only had 1 (arguably 2) pop song(s).

I think it will have rocking/guitar filled songs, because we heard it over and over again, from the band and others who heard the album. That said I think U2 does 4 types of songs that mostly end up on their albums:

- a bittersweet love song (WOWY, AIWIY, WGRYWH, Stay, Ground beneath her feet)
- a rocking song (Exit, God part II, Acrobat/UTEOTW, Gone, New York)
- a slower/mid-tempo? song (One tree hill, Angel of Harlem, One, Kite/Stuck in a moment, Staring at the sun)
- the "background" gem (Running to stand still, Heartland, So Cruel, The first time, If you wear that velvet dress, In a little while)
and
- the big single song (I still haven't found..., Desire, Mysterious ways/Even better..., Discotheque, Walk on/Beautiful day)

Last edited:
BD...a pop song
stuck in a moment ....a pop song(i like this one)
elevation.......pop rock
walk on .adult contemporary music
kite.. rock
in a little while.
wild honey ..pop
peace on earth...adult contemporary music
when i look..adult contemporary music
new york.
grace.adult contemporary music

actuall this album is a mix of pop and adult contemporary music

yes none of those songs have 5 minute over-blow guitar solos, thus they aren't rock songs, but pop songs...

also in the not rock but pop category...

--blowing in the wind (clearly adult contemp)
--imagine (classical)
--red house (don't let the solo fool you, it's actually blues)
--satisfaction (catchy riff means that it's clearly a pop/rock song)
--smells like teen spirit (see above)
--any ramones song (clearly pop/rock)

[/sarcasm]

Back
Top Bottom