new album news? not what you'd expect...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dorian Gray

Refugee
here's another rumor to chew on...

a friend of mine was listening to a local radio station that reported the next u2 release will be a double live CD set spanning their entire career.

this pretty much goes against every other bit of info we've heard so far, including that from the band themselves, but I thought I'd share anyway.

I WOULD LOVE A NEW ALBUM, but yet a live cd sounds tasty. Maybe release this cd before or around christmas to hold us over till the new album wich is supposed to come out around march..

interesting but there hasn't been any mention of this at all by the band. The news had centered around either the next best of (1990-2000) or new album.......

Probably just concerning the Slane DVD and the radio station misreported it as a live-CD rather than DVD.

I'd say there is a less than 1% chance that there is any truth at all to that. The album will be out in March or April, they aren't going to release anything before then, it just doesnt make sense.

A live CD about halfway between this coming CD and the next studio CD would be great ... unless, of course, those two CDs were very close together and then it just wouldn't work.

I would really LOVE if this were true and would buy the album with great enthusiasm, but seeing as we haven't heard anything - ranging from stronger, more frequent rumours, to an official line from the band or its management - I doubt it's true... at least for the time being. It is conceivable however that sometime in the bands career it will be released. Hope so! :heart:

JTH

not worthless many bands release live material. dave mathews band just put out a double live cd. Pearl jam is another band that does this also

Back
Top Bottom