New Album news from Dec. 8, 2001

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

STING2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
December 8, 2001: In an interview with The Sun's (UK) Dominic Mohan, Bono has shared the news that the band is already back in the studio working on new songs less than a week after the Elevation Tour ended: "We have to keep recording. There could be another album soon -- we're in the studio this week. We just thought it would be very interesting to come straight off the tour and go straight in. We'll see."

2 years and 2 months later, were at least 7 months away from any album release and probably more.

My best guess now is that they are going to put out an album in October. I think that they think it is their best work to date, which would be awesome since they are probably going into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame next year (right?). This would be a first since most bands are at the tail end of their careers, or are defunct. I think U2 wants to riding high when they are inducted.

They recorded Electrical Storm and THTBA in that session, there is a better article that describes the newer songs and it's from 2002, I'll find it later on tonight, I have to sign off pretty soon.

They didnt even hire Chris Thomas until April 2003.

Dont be decieved, they haven't been recording this album for 2 straight years.

Back
Top Bottom