New album news and I can't read it!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Dorian Gray:
Can anybody help?

this from www.freetranslation.com

-- Translation Results by SDL International --
The plans of U2 include shows and new album The Irish band began the year with eight nominaciones for the prizes Grammy. Besides Bonus and theirs they plan a disk recopilatorio and another with new songs. And themselves rumorea that they will be in the Rock in I Laugh of the 2003. The year 2001 found to the U2 in full activity. They hoarded many prizes of the market discogr?fico, they carried out a long one rotates and they were mixed in it fights by the rights of the poor countries (with Bonus to the head), but for the fans of these latitude lacked something: to come to present its disk to Latin America. Of that it was spoken a great deal. Including in March of last year, when the band was going to initiate the Elevation Tour, Universal Argentina assured that they were going to be in Buenos Aires in the first semester of this year. But now that remained in the oversight. Its fans in America Latina not they are tired in its fights by bringing them. Months ago, when the band rotated by Europe, they carried out a call to their peers so that they join firms. They achieved to carry the request to the offices of U2, but to the moment not they achieved it. And Latin America? The newspaper OR Globe of Brazil says that U2 would be able to be presented as one of the main attractions of the next one festival Rock in I Laugh that is initiated January 17, 2003. There it will be that to expect. In the site official of U2 swims is said of next shows by Latin America. To the moment the only plan of the Irish is to touch in the Superbowl (the end of the American soccer) in February. From there in but they will be working in which would be able to be its new disk. An album of the one that little and nothing is known and a great deal speculates. It is said that will be thrown in few months. Also it is affirmed that is planned a The Best 1991 - 2001 for November. As for the new one rotates, Bonus affirmed recently al daily English The Sun that does not want to do somewhat extensive, if not that "only would be a little diversion during some weeks". Besides, the band wants to return to Europe and to visit again Sarajevo, as in 1997. Prompt there will be news.

------------------
Imagine:
In Florida the wind is rattling the chimes.
You look over the alligators and the sea grass and water. There it is:
The rocket's burn. The best century ever.
We were here. But now it's time to go.

I don't speak Spanish but i'll go with trying to guess the essence:

It mentions U2 playing at the Grammys and the rumored U2 performance at Rock in Rio 2003.

It says U2 will go to Europe and re-visit Sarajevo this summer.

Unfortunately, i don't understand what it says about the new album - only that lots is speculated about it - and that new Best of 1991-2001 is coming in November.

Ya know, its still confusing. Rock in I Laugh? Hoarded many prizes? American soccer? First semester-- is the band still in school?

Ahhh....the pitfalls of online translators. But thanks for the help on that one. I think. Maybe I should translate this in to French and see if I really am thankful....

I believe it is talking about Rock in Rio 2003 as one of upcoming Latin/South American shows. It mentions that after the Superbowl the band will go back to the studio to record the new album. It goes on to say that not much is known about it and it is speculated to be released in a few months. The Best of 1991-2001 is in the works and is expected in November of this year. Thats basically all it talks about.

------------------
"I swore to my father I'd never do hamster-style again."

"looking for the sound thats gonna drown out the world
looking for the father of my two little girls
got the swing got the sway got my straw in lemonade
looking for the face i had before the world was made." - MOFO

My full translation is:

U2's Plans Include Shows and a New Album

Buenos Aires February 4th

The Irish band began the year with 8 Gramy nominations. In addition, Bono and his mates plan a compilation disc along with another album with new songs and there are rumors that they will appear at Rock in Rio in 2003.

During 2001 U2 was hard at work. They dominated the award show scene with many awards, completed a large tour and got involved in the fight for the rights of poor countries (with Bono leading), but for the fans of Latin America something was missing: to bring their new album to Latin America. On this topic, there was a lot of talk.

Such as in March of last year, when the band was going to start their Elevation Tour, Argentina Universal assured that they were going to be in Buenos Aires during the first quarter of the year.

But, now this has been forgotten(note: presumably because of the economic crisis). U2's fans in Latin America are not tiring in their fight to bring them here. For months, while the band was touring Europe, they called out to their peers so that they could collect signatures. They were able to bring this request to U2's offices, but they still haven't received a response.

And Latin America? The daily newspaper O Globo of Brazil says that U2 could appear as one of the main attractions of the Rock in Rio festival in Jan. 2003. One will have to wait. On the official U2 site there is no information regarding any shows in Latin America.

Until now, the only plans of the Irish band is to play at the Superbowl in February. From there on, they will be working on what could be their new album.

Regarding this album there is little information and a lot of speculation. It's been heard that it will be launched in a few months. Also, it's said they are planning The Best of 1991 - 2001 for November.

Regarding the new tour, Bono told the daily English newspaper the Sun that they donn't want to do something extensive, but rather" it would only be a little fun for a few weeks". Furthermore, the band wants to return to Europe and visit Sarajevo again, like in 1997. Soon, there will be news.

Orignal Spanish follows:

Los planes de U2 incluyen shows y nuevo ?lbum
La banda irlandesa comenz? el a?o con ocho nominaciones para los premios Grammy. Adem?s Bono y los suyos planean un disco recopilatorio y otro con nuevas canciones. Y se rumorea que estar?n en el Rock in R?o del 2003.

El a?o 2001 encontr? a los U2 en plena actividad. Acapararon muchos premios del mercado discogr?fico, realizaron una larga gira y se mezclaron en la lucha por los derechos de los pa?ses pobres (con Bono a la cabeza), pero para los fans de estas latitudes les falt? algo: venir a presentar su disco a Latinoam?rica. De eso se habl? mucho.

Incluso en marzo del a?o pasado, cuando la banda iba a iniciar la Elevation Tour, Universal Argentina asegur? que iban a estar en Buenos Aires en el primer semestre de este a?o.

Pero ahora eso qued? en el olvido. Sus fans en Am?rica Latina no se cansan en su lucha por traerlos. Hace meses, cuando la banda giraba por Europa, realizaron un llamado a sus pares para que junten firmas. Lograron llevar la solicitud a las oficinas de U2, pero hasta el momento no lo lograron.

?Y Latinoam?rica? El diario O Globo de Brasil dice que U2 podr?a presentarse como una de las atracciones principales del pr?ximo festival Rock in R?o que se inicia el 17 de enero de 2003. Habr? que esperar. En el site oficial de U2 nada se dice de pr?ximos shows por Latinoam?rica.

Hasta el momento el ?nico plan de los irlandeses es tocar en el Superbowl (la final del f?tbol americano) en febrero. De ah? en mas estar?n trabajando en lo que podr?a ser su nuevo disco.

Un ?lbum del que poco y nada se sabe y mucho se especula. Se dice que ser? lanzado en pocos meses. Tambi?n se afirma que est? planeado un The Best 1991 - 2001 para noviembre.

En cuanto a la nueva gira, Bono afirm? recientemente al diario ingl?s The Sun que no quiere hacer algo extenso, si no que "s?lo ser?a un poco de diversi?n durante algunas semanas". Adem?s, la banda quiere volver a Europa y visitar nuevamente Sarajevo, como en 1997. Pronto habr? novedades.

Back
Top Bottom