New Album - inc 'Invisible' - discussion of Hangar Clips, Super Bowl and Amy Poehler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dan_smee

ONE love, blood, life
Continue discussion.

What we know:

- The album is slated for a March / April / June release depending on which quotes you choose to believe or not believe

- A video has been shot for the single 'Invisible'. It is believed, but not yet known to be on the album.

- The video is part of the planned Super Bowl event, that is believed to be a partnership with Beats new streaming music service.

- Poor audio quality clips are circulating (link below) of the video recording session (the Hangar Clips)

- Amy Poehler made out with Bono at the Globes

http://www.sendspace.com/file/52dgxz

So it's not Superb Owl ?:sad:

fancy_owl_by_littlemissawesome-d6j6ybf.png

The last thread made me ashamed to be alive.

I hope this one restores faith in living till the Super Bowl

Guys, the non-Bono quote has me convinced that the album won't be out until June. I'm so mad that I don't even care anymore.

Random interjection. Was just reading the wiki article about Ground Beneath Her Feet for some reason and came across this:

"The Ground Beneath Her Feet" was originally intended to be a single, therefore a music video was created for the song's release. However, Interscope Records declined to give the song a single release because U2 were on the verge of completing their new album, All That You Can't Leave Behind, and record executives did not want to confuse fans by releasing a non-album single.

Not that there are a lot of people thinking Invisible will not be the first single from the album, but I doubt they would do something along those lines. Ordinary Love is a bit different as there will have been quite a lot of time between when they put that song out to when the album will be released.

Ordinary Love is a bit different as there will have been quite a lot of time between when they put that song out to when the album will be released.

There were 9mths between Ground Beneath and Beautiful Day. Maybe at the time ATYCLB was looking to be released earlier, but the equivalent distance between Ordinary Love and First Single/Invisible would mean the latter would be August/September.

[TIN FOIL HAT]

The song, whatever it is, that they are playing in the Hangar clip, is tuned down a half-step. Now, because of this, one might suggest that they MIGHT have been playing it live. In other words, rehearsing it live. And if so, one might suggest that the "video" shoot was a cover for a live rehearsal.

I mean, if I'm a world famous rock band and I'm going to an airplane hangar, I might very well be going to shoot a video in secret but if I needed somewhere to rehearse, live, in secret...

[/TIN FOIL HAT]

Back
Top Bottom