New Album - inc 'Invisible' - discussion of Hangar Clips, Super Bowl and Amy Poehler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think a record company under Universal would be allowed to post the release date of an album without an official announcement by Universal, so I say that tweet quoted above is BS.

Yes. In the US I'd say NYC, Boston, Chicago, and LA are particularly high-demand markets for U2 shows. Not coincidentally, three of those are the largest US markets, but they do have a fairly high concentration of U2 fans regardless of their sheer size. Based on previous tours I would think they'd play at least four shows at MSG, but even that's only about 100,000 total seats.

Of course, even a smaller market that isn't noted as U2 stronghold could still be tricky if they only play one show at a 20,000 seat arena.

NYC it will sorta help, but so many people from outside the area try to get tickets that it can be very frustrating.

It would definitely help for Albany though

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

Thanks guys!

I guess U2.com will be getting another subscriber then!

Thanks guys!

I guess U2.com will be getting another subscriber then!

Do be warned, though, that you're joining late enough in the game to probably not get access to the very first presale. Last time around, there were three tiers of membership. I think they were Breathe, Magnificent, and Boots. The top tier members were those who had maintained a subscription since around November 2008, the second tier members were those who joined between the cutoff for the top tier and the day the presale was announced, and the third tier members were those who joined after the presale was announced. You'd probably be in the second at this point. The tiers won't be announced until the presale is announced, but each presale tier gets earlier access to tickets than the ones following it, by a day or so.

Do be warned, though, that you're joining late enough in the game to probably not get access to the very first presale. Last time around, there were three tiers of membership. I think they were Breathe, Magnificent, and Boots. The top tier members were those who had maintained a subscription since around November 2008, the second tier members were those who joined between the cutoff for the top tier and the day the presale was announced, and the third tier members were those who joined after the presale was announced. You'd probably be in the second at this point. The tiers won't be announced until the presale is announced, but each presale tier gets earlier access to tickets than the ones following it, by a day or so.

I did 3 shows on 360 all without presale or membership. Bought my Tampa tickets only a few weeks prior to the show, even. (Yeah it was upper deck but I was thankful to afford it. I'd been dreading not being to go.)

We bought E Lansing right at a Ticketmaster outlet, and then Mr CK bought Pittsburgh day of sale right at the counter. All upper deck shows, but for us, just being there was all that mattered. We were more concerned with 'camping out' prior to band arrival than anything.

And if you're doing GA, membership doesn't mean a thing if you want rail spots. Ditto for inner circle. It's luck and circumstance (and at least an overnight wait). You can StubHub a set of GA tickets and land rail spots inside the ellipse.

I suppose it comes down to personal preference. I've NEVER done U2 membership. I did a BSB membership once when they did floor seating for a tour back in 2005, and that only netted me 5th row, not front. *shrug*

Just my :twocents: Take it for what it's worth.

another random thought.. U2 debuted Boots on the Grammys, without actually being nominated for anything, right?

think we'll see em again there this year?

Oh okay. Hmm I guess it's still better than not joining at all. Thanks!

I remember one of the recent rumors being the tour starting in the US in June. I hope that's not true, because I won't be in the US this summer haha. If it does start in June, I hope they work their way around Europe before coming here :p

Clearly if it's arenas it will be in the round. It it's stadiums, who knows. I don't know how they could do anything like 360 again without just blatantly copying the same stage setup.

On that thought, maybe they'll do stadiums and just add light curtains to the stage and call it a new design :hmm:

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

Jan 11th - Haiti Benefit
Jan 12th - Golden Globes
Feb 2nd - Superbowl Ad.
Feb 17th - Jimmy Fallon / Tonight show.

This album comes out soon.

Jan 11th - Haiti Benefit
Jan 12th - Golden Globes
Feb 2nd - Superbowl Ad.
Feb 17th - Jimmy Fallon / Tonight show.

This album comes out soon.

Grammy's are the 26th, this coming Sunday.

I wouldn't rule out them making a surprise appearance.

Otherwise the live debut of the new single would be (as it stands today) on Fallon. Which, if I'm being generous, I'd guess would only be about 5 or 6 million viewers. The Grammy audience is probably triple that.

Then again that might take the steam out of the Super Bowl thing...

So never mind.

Back
Top Bottom