New Album - inc 'Invisible' - discussion of Hangar Clips, Super Bowl and Amy Poehler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi everyone :wave: I've been lurking for about six months on and off, and thought that now would be a good time to join up and get involved as the excitement is building for new music at last! So please be gentle with me guys!

maybe... maaaaybe... Bono meant to say the tour starts in June, rather than the album release?

I seem to remember a bit of talk on here a while back about the possibility that U2 might be playing at the opening of the World Cup? And as it starts on the 12th of June, then maybe it does tie in with what Bono said and they are kicking off the tour by playing to a global audience at the World Cup opening do thingy?

If the album was released in early June to coincide with the opening, it would definitely help sales out!

Or, maybe they will just kick off the tour at the World Cup and release the second single off the album at the same time, so as to get a second big album sales push?

I've had too much coffee and need to shut up and go away now:crack:

:hmm: Interesting theory, I had already forgotten about that.

Now if U2 would do the superbowl first, then the worldcup after, that'd be a pretty awesome global sports promotion thing. :D

:hmm: Interesting theory, I had already forgotten about that.

Now if U2 would do the superbowl first, then the worldcup after, that'd be a pretty awesome global sports promotion thing. :D

Yeah, I was thinking that World Cup rumours had gone quiet and the June thing reminded me of the possibility.

I just want to add that I am rather talentless and also quite scummy most of the time.

(Am I too new and sexy to join in with this?:reject:)

Yeah, I was thinking that World Cup rumours had gone quiet and the June thing reminded me of the possibility.

I just want to add that I am rather talentless and also quite scummy most of the time.

(Am I too new and sexy to join in with this?:reject:)

Welcome. I must say though you might want to change your avatar or people will thorough things at you because they've mistaken you for some random person who is delirious most of the time.

From the @u2 forum:

U2Tourfans FB post rumored US Tour starting in June.

I know nothing more. Just passing it along.

Then my work here is done.

Good, now "get the fuck out!"

When I was out today I thought that "the album's out in June" sounds a lot like "we're on the road in june" sound similar if you slur them to a tipsy reporter at a loud after party, haha.

I totally forgot about those World Cup rumors. They were buried underneath all the excitement about Invisible and the Super Bowl and all the panicking about a possible new album delay.

But yes, will be interesting to see if it turns out to be true, I doubt it, though.

Email from U2.com:

Dear William,

Welcome to our first update of 2014, it's all starting to kick off! Here's a round-up...

Ordinary Love won 'Best Original Song' at The Golden Globes on Sunday and the band were on hand to accept the award. 'This man turned our life upside down...'

The night before the band played a surprise set at a benefit show for the people of Haiti. We just added photos and live clips.

Oliver Jeffers and Mac Premo created a new cut of their beautiful video for Ordinary Love - we premiered it on U2.com.

At the Palm Springs International Film Festival, the band were honoured with the Sonny Bono Visionary Award. 'You all know that a vision without a promise is just a fantasy,' said Bono. 'We're not interested in that.'

There's another new song on the way. It's called 'Invisible' and it's part of an initiative with (RED), in the fight against AIDS. More news in the coming days.

North Side Story, the bumper limited-edition book charting the band's earliest days in Dublin, is all set for publication. First copies are going out to all our 2013/14 subscribers this month. With 274 pages of rare photos, original interviews, diaries, letters and profiles this is the definitive account of the band's rise and rise in Dublin from 'Out of Control' to Under A Blood Red Sky. The book comes with a beautiful poster-size map charting U2's Dublin over 35 years - and new subscribers can download the Golden Globe-winning (did we mention that?) 'Ordinary Love'.

Find out all about a U2.com annual subscription here.

Got a friend who loves the band ? What about a gift subscription to U2.com ? We'll send them the book - from you.

Want to catch up with some of the special video and editorial on U2.com in the past 12 months ? We made it easy - check this out.

best wishes

The U2.com Team.

Welcome. I must say though you might want to change your avatar or people will thorough things at you because they've mistaken you for some random person who is delirious most of the time.

Hi Mrs. Garrison, I chose the avatar from the ones available on the site until I can find a proper one. I was going to use one of a cat that looks like Edge but I thought that an avatar of a Welsh cat with a bald head might not be understood here.

Does someone else on here use the same U2 rings avatar who is random and delirious? or do you mean that I seem random and delirious?

I am somewhat delirious at varying times, so you would be right if thats what you meant:D

I love your short story things that you write on here by the way:up:

Just a thought but I think actually relevant:

Broken Bells new record has a definite, long-announced release date of Feb 4.

The Super Bowl is Feb 2.

If U2 drops a record Feb 2, no one will hear hide or hair of the Broken Bells record. It will be completely steamrolled.

This doesn't change much; but I was entertaining the possibility of a surprise CD release, and I think the Broken Bells thing makes it almost 100% unfathomable that they would drop a record that Sunday.

On the bright side, I still bet we'll get the single, and that the single may be for the album and RED.

I for one really can't fathom U2 releasing a soundtrack single in December, a charity single in February, and then the first real album single in, say, April. So my money's on "Invisible" being the album one. But then that's just conjecture.

Hi Mrs. Garrison, I chose the avatar from the ones available on the site until I can find a proper one. I was going to use one of a cat that looks like Edge but I thought that an avatar of a Welsh cat with a bald head might not be understood here.

Does someone else on here use the same U2 rings avatar who is random and delirious? or do you mean that I seem random and delirious?

I am somewhat delirious at varying times, so you would be right if thats what you meant:D

I love your short story things that you write on here by the way:up:

Ha - no need to worry your avatar is fine - which ever one you decide to use.

Appreciate your compliment too. :hug:

Also I am the king of delirious around these parts so if I start to accidentally make sense then that might be cause for concern.

I for one really can't fathom U2 releasing a soundtrack single in December, a charity single in February, and then the first real album single in, say, April. So my money's on "Invisible" being the album one. But then that's just conjecture.

Well, you're in luck, "Ordinary Love" was released November 29th.

...I'll show myself out.

Back
Top Bottom