New Album - inc 'Invisible' - discussion of Hangar Clips, Super Bowl and Amy Poehler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm ready for some more news....... perhaps another article about their progress.........

Speak for yourself. I'm ready for another 200 pages of guesswork, assumptions and donkey-based puns.

We have loads of time yet before having anything approaching actual fact based news to discuss. And besides, you might as well enjoy this period because as soon we get some news, or some actual music to listen to this place every second post will be declaring it as "best music ever" or "worst music ever" with no room for any other opinion.

18 days and we'll have something to talk about. If we get a new song it'll be interesting to see if this place follows the pattern of the past in regards to opinion....

OMG!!! I love this song, tears are rolling down my face. I needed this song at this moment in my life!!

Meh, it's typical U2 by the numbers. If this is the best they've got, count me out for the album (but will go to 100 shows)

I think the best songs are the growers. Something you like when you hear it, but want to hear it again and again to get all the colors/textures.

Maybe we'll get that, maybe we won't. It'll be nice to get something new and possible dates for a new album. Let's face it, this is probably their last chance to strike it big with new music. They'll always be huge and especially on tour....but I would think if they don't get their "hit" with this album, they most likely never will

If people keep their expections low for Super Bowl evening, the disappointment will be less painful....perhaps with no pain at all.

At least "Invisible" will be a better point of reference than "Ordinary Love" as to what's to come in the fall.

If people keep their expections low for Super Bowl evening, the disappointment will be less painful....perhaps with no pain at all.

I will be doing the annual Redhook run on Super Bowl Sunday, which is a 10-mile run through Redmond to the Redhook brewery, where we all rehydrate zealously.

I plan to be well lit by kickoff. U2 could announce their immediate retirement at halftime and I would still feel no pain at all. :beer:

Regarding Bono's alleged statement about a June release date, and everyone speculating that it's likely earlier:

A lot of people on the forum comment on Bono's hyperbole and his tendency to exaggerate or bend the actual facts - often to raise expectations about the work they are doing and when fans will hear it ("Songs of Ascent" anyone?)

Doesn't everyone realize that, in Bono-speak, you can tack on 6 months or more to estimates on release dates?

So I wouldn't be surprised with a November 2014 release

Regarding Bono's alleged statement about a June release date, and everyone speculating that it's likely earlier:

A lot of people on the forum comment on Bono's hyperbole and his tendency to exaggerate or bend the actual facts - often to raise expectations about the work they are doing and when fans will hear it ("Songs of Ascent" anyone?)

Doesn't everyone realize that, in Bono-speak, you can tack on 6 months or more to estimates on release dates?

So I wouldn't be surprised with a November 2014 release

No.

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

So I went to a gay bar the other day, after getting thrown out of several dive bars I usually haunt, for various reasons. I go to the little gay bar because im friends with the bartender and several of the patrons. Upon entering, I notice a gay couple playing pool to my left and some familiar faces seated up near the bar. I join them for a few rounds and some typical banter.

After a while one of the gals at the bar turned to the gay couple playing pool and sarcastically commented "im surprised ya'all managed to keep your balls on the table this time". There was a few chuckles amongst the group when one of the pool players responded with "yeah....we've gotten better at filling each other's holes".

DONKEY.jpg

So I went to a gay bar the other day, after getting thrown out of several dive bars I usually haunt, for various reasons. I go to the little gay bar because im friends with the bartender and several of the patrons. Upon entering, I notice a gay couple playing pool to my left and some familiar faces seated up near the bar. I join them for a few rounds and some typical banter.

After a while one of the gals at the bar turned to the gay couple playing pool and sarcastically commented "im surprised ya'all managed to keep your balls on the table this time". There was a few chuckles amongst the group when one of the pool players responded with "yeah....we've gotten better at filling each other's holes".

DONKEY.jpg

you should totally put on POP right now.. will blow your mind..

DONKEY.jpg

:lmao:

This just in:

Terry Lawless' calendar has him playing with the Paisley Brothers, in Mexico, one a month until mid June 2014. After which.. no more shows.

Therefore tour

you can always email him for confirmation.. terry@terrylawless.com

This just in:

Terry Lawless' calendar has him playing with the Paisley Brothers, in Mexico, one a month until mid June 2014. After which.. no more shows.

Therefore tour

you can always email him for confirmation.. terry@terrylawless.com

This adds more fuel to my speculation that the tour will start in June.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

The new album is going to sound alot more like ATYCLB than anything else.
It will not hark back to anything from Boy to JT and certainly not AB, Zooropa or Pop.
Invisible will be a huge tune, like BD, but darker.
I have no idea when then tour starts or when they will release the album.

They still have to release that long rumoured and anticipated Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go cover. Hopefully on this record!

Back
Top Bottom