New Album in 2007 - atu2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Let me clarify:

I love every single album U2 has ever made. That's WHY they're my favorite band, because they're one of the only bands around still batting a thousand.

But I'll raise my hand and say that I criticized the beach clips. Just understand that my criticisms come from a place of love.

Bonochick said:
There isn't a single U2 album I dislike. I also like all of their songs, although I obviously love some a heck of a lot more than others. I find appealing qualities in all of their work.

I don't mind when people here say negative things about U2. I realize that not everybody shares my view on their music. I do wish that there weren't so many negative discussions, but I can't help that. Really though, I think my biggest problem is with how rude and nasty some people can be in response to others expressing their opinions.

For example, because of my opinion stated in the first part of my reply, people could rip on me by calling me a blind fan or that a person would have to be absolutely crazy to think that way. But there are a lot nicer ways for somebody to disagree with my opinion.

Don't bother. Me and other fans share the same feeling with you.
Ok, I don't like the entire U2 catalogue, but I don't come around everytime putting the band in the trash can everytime I have the opportunity too:wink:

bram said:

I'm willing to follow them from punk to techno to dance to mainstream to alternative to epic to personal to wherever. Because at this point I know they will deliver the goods. Because they never haven't. And they don't settle for anything else. They mean it when they say that there is no point in continuing as a band if you're making crap music or irrelevant music. And I believe them. So bashing 00s U2 and claiming that they're now making crap music shows a broken musical relationship between fan and U2. You don't believe them anymore. You don't buy it. You won't follow them where they're going. Loving everything they've done isn't being a sheep. It's showing trust and commitment. I would never have given an album like Zooropa a chance if it wasn't made by U2. But I did, and they opened up my ears to different music. Coming to U2 with demands is a silly way to have a relationship with a band. They won't remake an album. These guys have proven that they are an amazing band to everyone who posts on this forum. If they think the album is great, I trust them that it is. And they've never been wrong.

Well said:up:

bram said:

These comments make me feel so much better. I honestly was starting to wonder if I was the only one who liked everything U2 has done (not to the same degree, naturally). When a band's music consistenly has an effect on me the way U2's does, I begin to form a relationship of trust with them. I am willing to give anything they do a fair shot (even if it takes many listens) and I can honestly say U2 has always won me over...sometimes sooner than others. I guess I'm so into them as a band and their music that it's not even an effort. I buy what they're doing and where they're coming from. I'm willing to follow them from punk to techno to dance to mainstream to alternative to epic to personal to wherever. Because at this point I know they will deliver the goods. Because they never haven't. And they don't settle for anything else. They mean it when they say that there is no point in continuing as a band if you're making crap music or irrelevant music. And I believe them. So bashing 00s U2 and claiming that they're now making crap music shows a broken musical relationship between fan and U2. You don't believe them anymore. You don't buy it. You won't follow them where they're going. Loving everything they've done isn't being a sheep. It's showing trust and commitment. I would never have given an album like Zooropa a chance if it wasn't made by U2. But I did, and they opened up my ears to different music. Coming to U2 with demands is a silly way to have a relationship with a band. They won't remake an album. These guys have proven that they are an amazing band to everyone who posts on this forum. If they think the album is great, I trust them that it is. And they've never been wrong.

:up: I pretty much agree with all of this. I love every U2 album to a certain degree, and there are few if any songs that I truly hate. Pretty much I enjoy everything U2 has done. Yes, I do think HTDAAB could have been better (especially production wise, but this has been discussed over and over again), but I don't feel let down by U2. They've never let me down and I don't think they ever will, not until they call it quits at least.

Irvine511 said:
why would U2 even bother recording an album if they didn't think/want it to be their best ever?

what else is left for them to accomplish other than to outdo themselves?

i honestly think Bono says these things as much to psych himself and the band up to deliver on what he's promising.

and i'm just so happy they're still recording as they start to approach 50, and have yet to embarass themselves. we're lucky to still have them.

Exactly. Of course. Could not agree more. Just what I tried to say.

:up:

Aygo said:

Then, Bono never said properly they're into hip-hop or they're working in something inspirated with it. There were declaration about the desire of working with Kanye West, and if I remember his statements could mean that the band's next direction is so innovative and fresh in the same way hip-hop is nowadays...

He said they're looking at innovations in music, and that they're looking at hip hop.

Zootlesque said:

Do you want to know what keeps him here? Responses to his posts. So long as his posts get to somebody and triggers angry responses, he'll keep posting the same thing over and over again. You have to admit, it becomes interesting to read the responses... kinda like watching a train wreck, sometimes!

:corn:

No. He'd be posting the same even if no one replied to him.
I will remember this post the next time someone rags on, say, Axver for not worshipping AB's feet or, I don't know, MrBrau1 for not drooling at the altar of Pop. Because Macphisto forbid anyone not idolize those two and they will stop saying that if no one replies to them.
It's just the other side of the same coin, of course.

:corn:

I like the twisted, surreal rationale "oh I don't mind negativity on ATYCLB or Bomb but boy, I sure don't like it when people react negatively to those posts on a U2 fan forum."

Oh and "If you register on this forum solely to say negative things about U2 or other members of the forum, you will be immediately banned." - FAQ

:hmm: But right, we're the ones who should pipe down.

Last edited:
U2girl said:
I like the twisted, surreal rationale "oh I don't mind negativity on ATYCLB or Bomb but boy, I sure don't like it when people react negatively to those posts on a U2 fan forum."
I came here to post something very similar to this, but you got it in first, so... congrats :p

The John Tree said:
Let me clarify:

I love every single album U2 has ever made. That's WHY they're my favorite band, because they're one of the only bands around still batting a thousand.

But I'll raise my hand and say that I criticized the beach clips. Just understand that my criticisms come from a place of love.

:applaud: :yes: :up:

Can't agree more. Beach clips = :yawn:

But perhaps the nice studio version will be better. :shrug:

The John Tree said:
Let me clarify:

Thank you!

I'm so tired of hearing "oh why is this forum so negative towards U2" and the whining "can't you be posotive mannnnn".

We're all here because U2 is probably our favourite band -- nonetheless the band has affected our lives in such a posotive way we feel we need to discuss their every action online.

If I hear "oh well if you hate [ATYCLB / JT / SBS] then why bother posting here at all!111!!" one more time, jesus christ almighty :mad:
Cunts

i have a question why is u2 making the same record over and over again!! atyclb/htdaab and now the new record sounds the same!!! WHY I ASK WHY ahahahah lol
but seriously the audience will catch up to it eventually!!!
i just want to know is it all about $$$$

shaun vox said:
i have a question why is u2 making the same record over and over again!! atyclb/htdaab and now the new record sounds the same!!! WHY I ASK WHY ahahahah lol
but seriously the audience will catch up to it eventually!!!
i just want to know is it all about $$$$

I have 2 question: Why do you keep on repeating the same message over and over written in different ways? Did you know that you're becoming tiring?

Aygo said:
^ Was this one for me or for the general?

Mainly for Numb, as I didn't know if your smilies were referring to the ever verbose Bono or to shaun directly. But it doesn't hurt to have a generally reminder anyway.

I just replied to because my last post had smileys and because your quote talked about that and it came just after that loll... That's all, Bonochick...
They're not ment to offend or something like that:wink: It was just some kind of silly answer to Shaun's reply.

Bonochick said:

Mainly for Numb, as I didn't know if your smilies were referring to the ever verbose Bono or to shaun directly. But it doesn't hurt to have a generally reminder anyway.

my bad. won't happen again. I love shaun.

and I luv you too Bonochick.

Thanks for keeping it real.:wink:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
what if they're used in a subtle, sarcastic manner? :hmm:

Then it leaves me a window of opportunity to reprimand someone in a subtle, sarcastic manner. :wink:

phanan said:
New album threads are so entertaining to read...

We sure go through a lot of popcorn though. :corn:

Numb1075 said:
and I luv you too Bonochick.

I luv you more. :heart:

Bonochick said:

I luv you more. :heart:

I love you THIS much !!

<---holding arms real wide and accidentally hit somoeone walking by. I get a weird look but I don't care because I am professing my love for BC.:drool:

Back
Top Bottom