NEW ALBUM in 2006!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BassTrap82 said:
It was on TMF (a Dutch music channel) that the new record will be out in spring 2006!!! WHOOOOOOHHOOOOOO!!!

It contains leftovers from the HTDAAB-sessions, who didn't fit in in the HTDAAB concept!!!

:drool:

I would enjoy this news 100% more, if I knew it was def. true!!:drool:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
why would they release a "new" album with material that's already been released, i.e. smile and mercy?

the inclusion of smile and mercy in this alleged album has been fans filling in the blanks in the bands comments. they might appear, but there is nothing to say that they will.

Aardvark747 said:

I would enjoy this news 100% more, if I knew it was def. true!!:drool:

Yeah, me too. This is how media works these days (at least in The Netherlands). Somebody brings up this news fact and al the other media take it over, without checking if it's true. The source was Rolling Stone Magazine.... I can't find it there...

alh77 said:
As far as leaked tunes...I think a song called "Wake Up Dead Man" appeared on a bootleg long before it was ever finished and and released officially and the end product is certainly different than the bootlegged version(s).

Wake Up is an alternate title of Take You Down, a song from Salome: The Axtung Beibi Out-takes, and (along with the Fly solo) contains the line "wake up, wake up dead man" multiple times.

Just because something has leaked doesn't mean it will sound the same on the final copy, as alh77 just said, and it also doesn't mean U2 will trash it. Also on Axtung Beibi are essentially complete versions of Acrobat and Where Did It All Go Wrong? and an instrumental EBTTRT (amongst other things; that's just what came to mind), and U2 didn't decide to totally discard them just because they were circulating amongst the diehard fans.

phommel said:

Yeah, me too. This is how media works these days (at least in The Netherlands). Somebody brings up this news fact and al the other media take it over, without checking if it's true. The source was Rolling Stone Magazine.... I can't find it there...

This is also true! :|

Axver said:

Wake Up is an alternate title of Take You Down, a song from Salome: The Axtung Beibi Out-takes, and (along with the Fly solo) contains the line "wake up, wake up dead man" multiple times.

'Wake Up Dead Man' could be seen as an alternate title to one of those 'She's Going to Blow Your House Down' tracks, since it is actually the chorus rather than just those words being slotted in once or twice...:huh:

BassTrap82 said:
Yeah me too, but I almost know it for sure, since in the report not only Bono quoted this fact, but also PaulMcGuiness!!!

Ik hoop dat je gelijk krijgt. Ik hoop dat je gelijk krijgt. Ik hoop.....

I haven't heard anything about it, but I sure hope it's true..:drool:

Because another album of leftovers and outakes is exactly what we need, huh Jack...tell you what---I have a some toilet paper that Bono wiped his ass with...wanna buy it for $18.99?

Thanks for the personal attack;)

(I'm not a fan of Rattle And Hum btw, but I've noticed your sole purpose here is to trash the band at any opportunity)

Thank you mod...original comment was nothing personal at all, and neither was response. Check the totallity of my posts, Jack and you'll see some positive, some negative, and most just skeptical. In any case, they're never attacks on people. If you're looking for a U2 flag-waver, sorry. Do we really have to get into ANOTHER one of those "don't come on here if all you're going to do is criticize the band threads"? I guess you never understood the irony of "propoganda".

RobH said:
Thank you mod...original comment was nothing personal at all, and neither was response. Check the totallity of my posts, Jack and you'll see some positive, some negative, and most just skeptical. In any case, they're never attacks on people. If you're looking for a U2 flag-waver, sorry. Do we really have to get into ANOTHER one of those "don't come on here if all you're going to do is criticize the band threads"? I guess you never understood the irony of "propoganda".

I'm not looking for blanket pro-U2 praise from anyone (this forum has enough of that already;)) but its fairly obvious to anyone with a brain the difference between a fan with genuine gripes about a band and a troublemaker.

Fact: You start the personal attacks, then try to weasel your way into making this about something else.

Attention Everybody: Sleepover Jack gets to decide who the "real" fans and the "troublemakers" are.

Fell better now? I 'm sorry my "genuine gripes" about the possibility of repackaging some leftovers doesn't fit your criteria of what can and cannot be discussed.

Still wanna buy that toilet paper?

Before anybody else comments: Check out my original post. (It's only about 10 back) and tell me what the problem with it was. I'm surprised it got ANY response at all, much less escalated into this.
My subsequent responses have been strictly in defense and to make it clear that name calling and/or censorship is not what this board is supposed to be about. Don't appreciate the 'stupid' comment.

Edited to pinpoint exact place of original post.

Last edited:
Just drop it and stop hijacking the thread, wouldja? No one cares who started it.

Jeez...apologies and people admitting they're wrong are just too hard for some people, huh? Much easier to say "just drop it' and and place blame.

I repeat: Look at the original post. Tell me what's wrong with it. Address the issue at hand, not one of your own creation.

I'm not blaming anyone, I'm telling you both to take your pissing contest elsewhere (maybe "MORE PISSING in 2005!!") and maybe leave the "NEW ALBUM in 2006!!" thread to discussing, I dunno, the "NEW ALBUM in 2006!!"

Last edited:
Being called "stupid" and "hijacking the thread" is not blaming anyone, I guess.

For the third time: What's wrong with the original post? And why would I persist with any of this if I hadn't been personally attacked? It's like "Let's say stuff about someone and then tell him to let it go when he defends himself"

A little support for those who dissent would be nice. But it's just so much easier to pile on or say it's both parties' fault.

Sleep Over Jack said:

Looks like you haven't seen many of his posts!

No, actually I have, this person is not a troll. If you don't like someone's posts here, your options are to report the post if you think it breaks a rule, respond to them/debate their points without calling them names ("you're quite the troll" or "your posts are shit", etc), or putting them on ignore.

That goes for everyone here.

I'm closing this thread because it's gone way off-topic and has evolved into 2 pages of bickering. Forum rules concering threads closures.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom