New album: general discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Achtung Baby is not a concept album, guys.

Picard_shenanigans_by_bthauronite.jpg

let it be so

picard_make_it_so_number_1_display.jpg

So what do we do now?

We have to get a life until some real news shows up. :D

Oh well, that wasn't a too far-fecthed of a conclusion anyway:
http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f196/songs-of-ascent-the-lost-album-205457.html#post6713570
(March 2010 :whistle:) ;)

Thanks for the information though, good to have it from a source with more direct insight into the music business than me.:up:

Yes, I know he doesn't say anything different from what has been in any fan site for a long time, it is the fact that it is him saying it what is important here, he's got a radio programme, a tv programme, good connections with musicians and labels and he's got a great reputation here, he was the first to interview the Beatles in Spain, for example, and he was one of the first people to listen some songs from Zooropa because Bono let him do it, so for me, he saying there will be a new album early this year takes it from the rumour category to the news one.

Lillywhite has been seen in NY, where Bono and Edge have been since Jan 4th (according to U2 tour.de).

Maybe he joined them for the work on Spiderman soundtrack.

Perhaps it's time for another thread with no new information?
Or Rick Rubin, whichever floats your boat.

When I saw there was a new thread, I got my hopes up for half a second that they had actually announced a new album. :sad:

Do we actually know that he's working with U2, or is it just "he's in New York"?

I mean, it's a big city, and many people go there for work and/or play. I'm sure U2 know a lot of people who are there at any given time.

Do we actually know that he's working with U2, or is it just "he's in New York"?

I don't think we actually know that he's working with U2. Isn't he also living in New York?
But I have to say that his latest tweet is quite cryptic and open for speculation in this thread:
Nice to be back in the saddle.... although the horse is different..

:)

I don't think we actually know that he's working with U2. Isn't he also living in New York?
But I have to say that his latest tweet is quite cryptic and open for speculation in this thread:

:)

I've always had the impression that he lives in NYC now, from the way he talks about going back to the UK for holidays and such.

I saw that tweet earlier, and wondered if it meant that he's now working on Spiderman in some capacity; like, with the cast recording, or something.

I saw that tweet earlier, and wondered if it meant that he's now working on Spiderman in some capacity; like, with the cast recording, or something.

That could be it. Or he is mixing the U2 record (not a Eno/Lanois produced one, but a Danger Mouse produced one). Who knows? We'll see when more is known. :shrug:

I mean, it's a big city, and many people go there for work and/or play. I'm sure U2 know a lot of people who are there at any given time.

I heard Justin Beiber is in New York, duet with Bono?

We'll wait for U2.com to confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom