New album: general discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Lillywhite actually confirmed to have worked with the Spider-man orchestra last week like someone posted in the Spider-man thread, or was that just random rumorness simply because he was at the show?

i give about 3 more weeks. if we don't know anything more about this supposed album, then it's not happening before the North American Tour.

I would agree. Though it would be the biggest surprise they've ever pulled off. But nothing by first week of Feb and we most likely will have to wait until 2014 for the next record.

i give about 3 more weeks. if we don't know anything more about this supposed album, then it's not happening before the North American Tour.

Yup.

That is pretty much exactly what I'm thinking. But I'll maybe stretch it to 4 weeks. If we don't get a piece or two of some serious concrete news (title, release date, track listing, album preview/magazine coverage, etc.) within the next 4 weeks, this shit ain't coming out in May.

U2 - Unreleased and Unfinished 2027?

haha, here's to hoping the put together all the awesome songs we've heard so far soon!

when was the last time U2 said they were going to put out an album in a specific month/season and then actually did release it when they said they would?

not a chance we'll get this in May.

Yeah agreed

Ha, but you just took the very last half-sentence of my post and agreed with it. I wasn't saying "this shit for sure ain't coming out in May." I said, if we don't hear some big news within a few weeks, this shit ain't coming out in May.

I think there's still a good chance it's out in May.

when was the last time U2 said they were going to put out an album in a specific month/season and then actually did release it when they said they would?

Oh no there's a perfectly good chance it'll be here by May. All the signs are pointing to it.

If May is the case, everyone just be prepared for this board to fucking light up. Because, soon, there will be news.

Oh, yes. There will be news.

Ha, but you just took the very last half-sentence of my post and agreed with it. I wasn't saying "this shit for sure ain't coming out in May." I said, if we don't hear some big news within a few weeks, this shit ain't coming out in May.

I think there's still a good chance it's out in May.

Shit I meant to include the if bit as well. :doh: Fail.

Yeah I think theat we'll see it. I have high hopes!

Was Lillywhite actually confirmed to have worked with the Spider-man orchestra last week like someone posted in the Spider-man thread, or was that just random rumorness simply because he was at the show?

i think it came from this post in the Spiderman thread BC:

FWIW, Lillywhite worked with the Spiderman orchestra today.

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f189/spiderman-news-part-2-a-208720-32.html#post7091439

eta - oh god i just realised you said "like someone posted in the Spider-man thread" hahaha sorry! i need coffee! :D

yeah, so, other than that, i really have no idea lol!!!

Maybe Lillywhite is mixing the Spiderman soundtrack.

i think it came from this post in the Spiderman thread BC:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f189/spiderman-news-part-2-a-208720-32.html#post7091439

eta - oh god i just realised you said "like someone posted in the Spider-man thread" hahaha sorry! i need coffee! :D

yeah, so, other than that, i really have no idea lol!!!

It's ok :D I'm the same without coffee. Like RR said though, maybe he's mixing it.

sssssssoooooooooooo.................................no real news? :D
newsID-9-image.jpg

But they haven't been saying anything about a release date for a long time, which makes me optimistic. If Bono had been saying "Album in May!" all this time, then I'd be worried.

I've always had the impression that he lives in NYC now, from the way he talks about going back to the UK for holidays and such.

I saw that tweet earlier, and wondered if it meant that he's now working on Spiderman in some capacity; like, with the cast recording, or something.

From 30 minutes ago:

Sillywhite Steve Lillywhite
No radio show today due to arachnidian priorities... Back next week with The Thermals !!

Yeah agreed, that is unless of course they decide to keep this thing quiet right up until release. I don't think that'd work anyway if they did do that.

I want some news about this new album now dammit!:angry:

They are keeping it quiet(er) this time around, it would seem. :yes: For now anyway.

lillywhite is indeed working with B & E on spiderman... i posted that i was intrigued by the fact that they were palling around with lillywhite, considering how he is often part of the mixing process. from there it became internet confirmed rumor that lillywhite is currently mixing the new album.

pretty soon it will be reported somewhere in the press that lillywhite is mixing the new u2 album, because those fuckers stopped fact checking about 15 years ago. then somebody, no names mentioned, here on the interferences will say that that proves that the album exists, and it'll be out in a month. then if the album doesn't come out, we'll have threads asking about what happened to the material lillywhite was working on. it will there on be referred to as the lost lillywhite sessions.

that's how the internets work.

lillywhite is indeed working with B & E on spiderman... i posted that i was intrigued by the fact that they were palling around with lillywhite, considering how he is often part of the mixing process. from there it became internet confirmed rumor that lillywhite is currently mixing the new album.

pretty soon it will be reported somewhere in the press that lillywhite is mixing the new u2 album, because those fuckers stopped fact checking about 15 years ago. then somebody, no names mentioned, here on the interferences will say that that proves that the album exists, and it'll be out in a month. then if the album doesn't come out, we'll have threads asking about what happened to the material lillywhite was working on. it will there on be referred to as the lost lillywhite sessions.

that's how the internets work.

:up:

that pretty much sums it up.

i'll check back in a month.

nloth was meant to come out in October 08, November 08, Dec 08, Jan 09, no?

wow, i cannot fucking believe it's almost two years since it was released. :(

NLOTH was rumored to be coming out in October 2008 by Paul McG, that was the only date given before the switch to 2009 which was then announced as March. I was being facetious about the March 2009 thing, but it's true, you asked when was the last time a U2 album came out when they said it would, and they did say it was coming out in March 09 :wink:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom