New Album Discussion (Will it be bigger than Zeppelin? Rush? Bon Jovi? Jesus? Allah?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It, too, walks the line between the political and the personal, with one song title connoting a difficult period but really referring to a personal trauma.

Wonder what exactly this is referring to :hmm:

And yes, "Penguins in the Wild" would actually make a really great album title :up:

Also, the theme of having two perspectives, one of an innocent and one of an experienced individual, sounds very very much like William Blake. Not that I don't like it, I adore Blake, it would actually make a good concept album.

Has someone created a "Penguins in the Wild" album cover yet?

penguinwild600_zps13863767.png

Soooo there's mention that there's an album that just needs some "fine tuning" meaning... what? Just some overdubs at this point? I take it that they have the 12 tracks they want and they just need to do some polishing right?

All of the sky terrain seems to be melting away into the deep deep nothingness we associate with the end of beauty or death of vanity. Gone gone away in front of the stream leading it out of reach forever. Beauty will have to find its other side and hope the shell was worth it. Make the death bleed inside out, make the pain more intense than a cosmic afterbirth. Feel the stretcher underneath the lifeless corpse.

sent from a random dive bar shitter stall

Soooo there's mention that there's an album that just needs some "fine tuning" meaning... what? Just some overdubs at this point? I take it that they have the 12 tracks they want and they just need to do some polishing right?

Most likely. Plus that interview was most likely done a few weeks ago.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

Yep, they're doing overdubs and tweaking for sure.
Album is practically in the can and wrapping up by Monday or tuesday just before Xmas i suspect...

Unless Larry has a strike of genius and says 'Feck that, it's all about the drooms, I've got new beat ideas, let's record the whole album again !'

"(The record) walks the line between the political and the personal, with one song title connoting a difficult period but really referring to a personal trauma."

so... let the games begin:

Cold War ?

Where is that quote from? Is there a longer version of the article?

If I were to guess about the title, I'd say The Troubles

Where is that quote from? Is there a longer version of the article?

If I were to guess about the title, I'd say The Troubles

While that would be interesting, a pessimistic part of me says that it would be closer to something like Love and Peace or Boots where the political message is buried under banal, stream of consciousness lyrics, which has been the trend. I hope not. I really really hope not, so here's to being surprised come April...

Cool I was just listening to Man Machine on the way home from work.

"We are the robots..."

Hopefully this Invisible new single will be a good choice and not go invisible when it comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom