New Album Discussion (Will it be bigger than Zeppelin? Rush? Bon Jovi? Jesus? Allah?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have to be finished or extremely close. I believe this is what they do near the end....tinker with different mixes.

They are not going to work over holidays. So probably a good three weeks off. If they are pushing for an April release, then they probably have a week in January to get it mastered.

NLOTH was done just before their Xmas break. And it was released in early March

I hope "Invisible" sounds like Coldplay.

Invisi....visi....visible. Invisi.....visi.....visible! Oh woah ohuwoah woah oh oh!

"(The record) walks the line between the political and the personal, with one song title connoting a difficult period but really referring to a personal trauma."

so... let the games begin:

Cold War ?

I suspect that the "soul, old school R&B songs" will be the ones people accuse of being geared towards Top 40 or the band "not doing they music they want to make." :lol:

A band of 50-something Irish men doing soul and R&B does not exactly scream "top 40" to me. It screams awkwardness like Stuck in a Moment and A Man and a Woman to me. Not to mention some weaker stuff from the R&H era.

U2 can do gospel but to me soul and gospel are different things. U2 is genuine doing gospel. It comes off well. Moment of Surrender, ISHFWILF. Those are basically gospel-flavored songs to me. The other...I can't think of when they've done it well. Angel of Harlem is solid on acoustic. Almost embarrassing on the record. Of course, I hate horns. Despise horns.

That's all to be expected though. There are always a few 'singles' that make me roll my eyes. I am still very optimistic. Especially the Kraftwerk influence. I like U2 doing electronic. And Sex Pistols...tight punk stuff. Hopefully.

Man. I was hoping they'd sound like Coldplay on the new album.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

I was hoping for then to sound like Coldplay trying to sound like U2.

Sent from my AT300 using U2 Interference mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom